Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Don't care about DRM or whatever but every time I'll feel like playing a game I'll start Steam then it'll take maybe half a minute to get completely loaded up then it'll want to update Steam yet again for no discernible improvements and by then I've gone off the idea of playing anything. Plus it's a slow piece of poo poo even when it isn't updating for once and in 2014 for mods and so forth we can't even select which version of a game we'd want to play - it's either the latest or gently caress you. Yet people rave about Steam like it's the best thing ever. It's a piece of poo poo.

Thank you for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Feels pretty good on the face after a long day of sweaty work.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Get wrinkles out of clothes easy.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

because

i'm gay

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

JebanyPedal posted:

Feels pretty good on the face after a long day of sweaty work.

Came to post this. ^^

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014
Steamed Hams

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
because valve cleverly integrated an IM client into their drm platform

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Berious posted:

Don't care about DRM or whatever but every time I'll feel like playing a game I'll start Steam then it'll take maybe half a minute to get completely loaded up then it'll want to update Steam yet again for no discernible improvements and by then I've gone off the idea of playing anything. Plus it's a slow piece of poo poo even when it isn't updating for once and in 2014 for mods and so forth we can't even select which version of a game we'd want to play - it's either the latest or gently caress you. Yet people rave about Steam like it's the best thing ever. It's a piece of poo poo.

Thank you for reading.

this is a cool post from the year 2005

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it serves the purpose it was made to serve, unlike 100% of all other drm

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Try using steam on a computer made within the last few years instead of a paraplegic hamster they are bad for video games.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Harrower posted:

Try using steam on a computer made within the last few years instead of a paraplegic hamster they are bad for video games.

Wow, thanks for this.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i like steam because it provides my house with power

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Berious posted:

Thank you for reading.

people rave about steam because it's a easy to use digital distribution service and it saved PC gaming by allowing people to sell games to a much wider audience for much cheaper. Also what the other guy said your computer must be literal dog poo poo to have issues running steam.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Half-Life 3

at this time of year

at this time of day

in this part of the country

localized entirely within your kitchen?

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Alexzandvar posted:

people rave about steam because it's a easy to use digital distribution service and it saved PC gaming by allowing people to sell games to a much wider audience for much cheaper. Also what the other guy said your computer must be literal dog poo poo to have issues running steam.

Excuse me, the only thing saving PC gaming is Chris "Our lord and savior Jesus Christ reborn" Roberts of star citizen.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Berious posted:

Thank you for reading.

how else can goons flaunt their 500+ games list in someone elses face op

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

psyman posted:

Half-Life 3

at this time of year

at this time of day

May I see it?

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Steam is the only thing that has ever been released that actually provides a substantial enough service to compete directly with piracy and succeed, which is pretty hardcore imo.

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow
You can use it to gift copies of bad rats to people you don't like.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Prodigal T-REX posted:

because valve cleverly integrated an IM client into their drm platform

Tubesock
Apr 20, 2002

i only play games on origin

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Because its the only way to play dust 2, a level in popular computer game Counterstrike

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Stop using dial-up, you caveman.

FADEtoBLACK
Jan 26, 2007
Because I can get a video game for 8 bucks on a holiday sale instead of the lame 60$ plus that $10 map pack because they had it made already but knew they could gently caress you more by seperating the $10 away.

Joey Gladstone
May 26, 2003

i like it because of games

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Where the hell else am I going to keep 200+ games? A CD tower?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

But to answer your question, I like it because I can buy a game, download it, and play it in three clicks unlike literally every other platform and it won't take too long either since I have DSL and a computer made within the last few years instead of dial-up and a turtle with windows 95 on it.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I have a very little dick op, embarrassingly so. Fortunately my steam collection is huge and works just about the same way.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Tubesock posted:

i only play games on origin

origin actually starts up wicked fast

that's the one thing it has over Steam

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

echronorian posted:

I have a very little dick op, embarrassingly so. Fortunately my steam collection is huge and works just about the same way.

you mean steam also soaks your trousers in piss and doesn't get you laid? or did i misunderstand

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
steam is a clunky piece of poo poo and its storefront and user interface blows but it owns cause it lets you buy games for like 2 bucks and sell fake cards to get more money for games on sale i paid for rayman legends with card money so yeah there you have it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

roboshit posted:

this is a cool post from the year 2005

this is a cool post by a methhead homo lmao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
but i agree with roboshit

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
is roboshit really a methhead homo? that's pretty cool imo. it takes all types in this world

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Quickscope420dad posted:

you mean steam also soaks your trousers in piss and doesn't get you laid? or did i misunderstand

Lol wow that you sexhavers think you can lord over my incredible digital library of high end PC software, at a affordable price. Don't steamshame.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

echronorian posted:

Lol wow that you sexhavers think you can lord over my incredible digital library of high end PC software, at a affordable price. Don't steamshame.

If you think there's shame in self-wetting virgins then I don't think I can continue our business relationship echronorian.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

psyman posted:

Half-Life 3

at this time of year

at this time of day

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Quickscope420dad posted:

If you think there's shame in self-wetting virgins then I don't think I can continue our business relationship echronorian.

I misunderstood you. There's just so much oppression these days I'm a little on edge

• Locked thread