Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

i saw a person who was level 140 on steam today and i wanted to kill them in real life for being such a worthless piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

echronorian posted:

I misunderstood you. There's just so much oppression these days I'm a little on edge

it's okay i understand now let's meet up and piss in our clothes together and not gently caress

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
if it takes you just 30 seconds to lose interest in playing a game, then you probably didn't really want to play that game.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Quickscope420dad posted:

it's okay i understand now let's meet up and piss in our clothes together and not gently caress

Let's LAN dota without our t shirts on or just somethin silly like that I dunno lol

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

roboshit posted:

this is a cool post from the year 2005

nice dick

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

this, but unironically

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

echronorian posted:

Let's LAN dota without our t shirts on or just somethin silly like that I dunno lol

Don't play dota sorry what about SC2 oh wait blizzard are assholes and it has no LAN ok i'll try dota

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Yivgev posted:

i saw a person who was level 140 on steam today and i wanted to kill them in real life for being such a worthless piece of poo poo

theres already people with over 300 steam lvl and it blows my mind

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Yivgev posted:

ur jealos

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

i sold a virtual wrench for £35 to some retard kid in america and that's why steam is great

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Dicky B posted:

i sold a virtual wrench for £35 to some retard kid in america and that's why steam is great

I am not a steam user, but you have my attention. What's your business model?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Quickscope420dad posted:

lottery

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
im some sort of old human being loser because whenever i open steam i just think its too many games and get confused and close it and piss my self too

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

echronorian posted:

im some sort of old human being loser because whenever i open steam i just think its too many games and get confused and close it and piss my self too

I'm not old but i don't use steam because every time i start to make an account with which to log in i piss myself and then think about all the marginally younger people playing and not pissing themselves and just think "you know, you've got a long way to go" before shutting down the computer and hating myself

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Quickscope420dad posted:

Valve gives you random items if you play a lot of vidja games and some of them are rare enough that people want to pay money for them. Steam has an integrated market to facilitate exactly this

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Steam is good bc it's how we get rain

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

pc gaming master race

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
It makes me laugh to watch people who actually bought the current gen consoles make fun of steam. I'll show you DRM supporting PC nerds!!! *gives money to Sony and Microsoft*.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Yivgev posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/palmdesert

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I like how the "offline" mode only works for a couple of days until it decides you REALLY need to get back online before letting you play again.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Alexzandvar posted:

It makes me laugh to watch people who actually bought the current gen consoles make fun of steam. I'll show you DRM supporting PC nerds!!! *gives money to Sony and Microsoft*.

What if I want to play japanese games

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smoking Crow posted:

What if I want to play japanese games

I guess than a PS4 might be a smart investment, but people who by consoles just to play crap versions of stuff thats on PC are idiots.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Alexzandvar posted:

Just buy them all and all games for everything. Problem solved

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

sometimes i feel like I play too much games, but steam says i'm only on level 4, so now i feel much better about myself

Autumn Angel
Jan 18, 2014

/\/\/\ I just looked it up, and your Steam level apparently is based on how many trading cards you get. Why anyone cares about that stuff is beyond me. (Level 5 here)

e: I just noticed that guy linked earlier has 2,582 games in his account. Why

Autumn Angel fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 6, 2014

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Favorite music genre : doom, stoner, sludge, industrial, noise, and ambient
Favorite movie genre : horror, documentary, action, and zombie

I cannot understand English very well, but it's not a big deal to me.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It's useful for profiling purposes, to out those afraid of new and better technology.

Which is true, because there are dozens of forums out there basically dedicated to letting everyone know the evils and dangers of Steam, and how it's set up to steal your money and destroy your computer.

vermicious
Feb 22, 2010

Who is leaving messages on your answering machine?
Came to install half life 2
Left becauae trading cards

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow

VikingSkull posted:

Favorite music genre : doom, stoner, sludge, industrial, noise, and ambient
Favorite movie genre : horror, documentary, action, and zombie

I cannot understand English very well, but it's not a big deal to me.

sounds like a cool dude imho

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
GOG's better since you just download poo poo and that's it while also having a ton of sales, but it doesn't have as many games so Steam's still nice.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
One time my internet went out because Comcast sucks, and I wasn't in offline mode on Steam, so I couldn't play my games. I was really angry at Comcast and Steam. The next day I played my games with a self-loathing equal to someone who has been cucked because I knew Comcast and Steam were the best options I had even though they gave no shits about me.

Tr;dl Comcast and Steam cucked me.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Butthead posted:

One time my internet went out because Comcast sucks, and I wasn't in offline mode on Steam, so I couldn't play my games. I was really angry at Comcast and Steam. The next day I played my games with a self-loathing equal to someone who has been cucked because I knew Comcast and Steam were the best options I had even though they gave no shits about me.

Tr;dl Comcast and Steam cucked me.

U do realize that u don't get points for using trendy gbs memes like cuck right

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Anyone with a steam account without at least 80 hours between Dark Souils 1 and 2 is complete gutter trash and should be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
They sell a lot of games that aren't even finished now.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Arian_Samurai posted:

They sell a lot of games that aren't even finished now.

I could say the same about all consoles

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why do people buy my steam cards? Who are these retards?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Arian_Samurai posted:

I don't know but I thank them for funding my civ v dlc

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Arian_Samurai posted:

believe it or not it's the same reason people buy physical collectibles

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Dicky B posted:

Valve gives you random items if you play a lot of vidja games and some of them are rare enough that people want to pay money for them. Steam has an integrated market to facilitate exactly this

Okay attention doubled. Is it particular games, or literally any, and which are the most desirable / how to attain *business mode*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Illegal Carrot posted:

if it takes you just 30 seconds to lose interest in playing a game, then you probably didn't really want to play that game.

I felt like buying a new game but I only made it about halfway to my car before getting bored so gently caress THAT poo poo

• Locked thread