Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Oh I see you're still chewing food. That really takes me back. Ever since I got a Soylent Pump I can't even think about masticating without clogging my tube, it just seems so... you know, Terran.
I understand where you're coming from, but I've been on this interesting diet recently. You see, we haven't evolved as much as we'd think, and our bodies are still accustomed to eating whatever would've been in reach of our ancestors' 'PCs' - Cheetos, cold pizza. It's called the Posting Diet, and I feel great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
No I don't hate your friends but all this meat has me wiggin'

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

When the singularity happens, what's stopping the introverts being overwhelmed in the group consciousness by everyone else?

Ramc posted:

I update my webcomic once a year.

How many butts would you need to symbolize this thread?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
What is it to be.... human?

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Unguided posted:

When the singularity happens, what's stopping the introverts being overwhelmed in the group consciousness by everyone else?
group consciousness is too mainstream, y'grok me? for plebs. they had some pretty groundbreaking concepts back in the olden days, like 'individuality' and 'scarcity', and only true patricians can appreciate such lofty, abstract ideals.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
im gonna download 50 terabytes of movies and tv shows and anime into my metacortex so i can criticise them at a moment's notice

(a thing i would actually do if i had the opportunity)

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Accelerando is one of the worst things I have ever read.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
Breaker breaker, come in Earth, this is Rocket Ship 27, aliens hosed over the carbonator on engine four, I'm gonna try to refuckulate it on Juniper. Uhh, and hopefully they've got some, space weed there, over.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Since when was transhumanism associated with hipsters?

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

The Droid posted:

Everything is hipsters. Get on the hipster train and ride it.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

The Droid posted:

it isn't, but it's not like we don't already have threads about things that won't exist for a long time, eg star citizen

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I didn't ask for this (my penis that I was born with).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Harime Nui posted:

A Dyson Sphere is an insanely more ambitious and hypothetical concept than an O'Neill Cylinder what on earth are you

In the far distant future a Dyson Sphere is a super fuckin' good vacuum cleaner that cleans your whole house

• Locked thread