Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
can i get instagram for my cyborg eye?

o'neill cylinders? pshaw. space colonies were better when they were dyson spheres.

oh, my mechanical feet? they're inspired by the classic cartoon speed racer, you probably haven't heard of it.

i know we've ended world hunger with superfoods but i still went on a trip to the third world and it was pretty real

#yolf

all those singers that download autotune into their brains? it just doesn't feel real. i like bon iver, cher, t-pain - the days when autotune came from a box.

check out my calculator watch! i know we can instantly complete complex equations in our heads after the singularity, but it's just so retro...

now that i have nanomachines my etsy shopfront is really taking off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

RedHotKick posted:

i h-hate hipsters...

but cros them with Transhumanits? (whom i love, dues ex is art and i saw blade runner once)

....ur the REAL god in the machine op

this dude likes transhumanism? fuckin lol. needs to check out some classic retrofuturism, like 'the jetsons'

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Illavick posted:

like, literally INSIDE of this thread man

I spend a lot of time in meatspace, maybe you've heard of it?

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Smoking Crow posted:

Transhumanism is a religion

MY BF LESLIE SAID posted:

let's be an affront to god and throw away everything Jesus died for hurrrrrr
being an ubermensch is alright and all but if you want you can come to this party me and my friends are having this friday, we're recreating this historical concept called 'church'. loads of wine, reading our favourite .txt files. should be shiny.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Harime Nui posted:

A Dyson Sphere is an insanely more ambitious and hypothetical concept than an O'Neill Cylinder what on earth are you
talking out one of my multitudinous asses, apparently, so to paraphrase an Old Earth idiom: apologies for Party Rocking

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Oh I see you're still chewing food. That really takes me back. Ever since I got a Soylent Pump I can't even think about masticating without clogging my tube, it just seems so... you know, Terran.
I understand where you're coming from, but I've been on this interesting diet recently. You see, we haven't evolved as much as we'd think, and our bodies are still accustomed to eating whatever would've been in reach of our ancestors' 'PCs' - Cheetos, cold pizza. It's called the Posting Diet, and I feel great.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Unguided posted:

When the singularity happens, what's stopping the introverts being overwhelmed in the group consciousness by everyone else?
group consciousness is too mainstream, y'grok me? for plebs. they had some pretty groundbreaking concepts back in the olden days, like 'individuality' and 'scarcity', and only true patricians can appreciate such lofty, abstract ideals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

The Droid posted:

Since when was transhumanism associated with hipsters?
it isn't, but it's not like we don't already have threads about things that won't exist for a long time, eg star citizen

• Locked thread