Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale
When: July 6th, 2014
Where: Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada
How:
Fight Pass (2 fights)- 6pm ET/1pm PT
Fox Sports 1 (9 fights) - 7pm ET/4pm PT
Bars showing the event
Chat: #MMA on synIRC
Note: Don't watch this. Close this thread. Turn your TV off.

In the fine tradition of Tito Ortiz/Ken Shamrock III, the UFC presents another totally unnecessary trilogy conclusion. Without further adieu...

MAIN EVENT AND THE REASON YOU WATCHED THE SHOW

Sorry, sorry. That is incorrect information I just gave you.

Second try.

Better.

The only other two fights that matter a little. Kind of.

Agent Tough Juice fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I want to say I watched the show, but I don't recognize any of the four finalists...neither by face nor by name.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I feel like there was at least one missed opportunity in the OP.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Dhiego Lima is Douglas Lima's brother, right?

Anyways this card looks dreadful and the only worthwhile fight is Scoggins/Ortiz.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

canoshiz posted:

I feel like there was at least one missed opportunity in the OP.

I truly actually almost did that

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

quote:

The only hiccup at the weigh-ins came during the women's bantamweight bout when Alexis Dufresne came in at 143 pounds followed by her opponent Sarah Moras at 139 pounds with the fight now being announced as a catch weight matchup for Sunday night.

Missed weight by 8 pounds vs missed weight by 4 pounds.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
snack rating

Some beef jerky you found in your car door but like you're not really that hungry but beef jerky is always tasty and it's good for you but come on man I think that bag has been sitting there for like 3 or 4 months

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

1st AD posted:

Dhiego Lima is Douglas Lima's brother, right?

yeah. Like I posted in that other thread, he's decent and should win, but he isn't as good as Douglas. This whole show was unnecessary for 1 fighter to make his way into UFC.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Woah Robert Drysdale is in the UFC

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lid posted:

too much cheesecake leads to Morass

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

henkman posted:

Woah Robert Drysdale is in the UFC

He was signed quite some time ago, but it took a while for him to debut due to injuries and a failed drug test.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Sorry, sorry. That is incorrect information I just gave you.

Second try.

Better.

:lol:

Lid posted:

I assume that Dufresne's camp notified the UFC and Moraes ahead of time that she wouldn't be making weight, so Moraes stopped cutting since it was going to be a catchweight anyway.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fatherdog posted:

:lol:

I assume that Dufresne's camp notified the UFC and Moraes ahead of time that she wouldn't be making weight, so Moraes stopped cutting since it was going to be a catchweight anyway.

If so I hope we get a WMMA version of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mcjR3TsK4s&t=211s

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

fatherdog posted:

I'm assuming she's still forfeiting some of her purse, right?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Based on the vlog I posted above, no. If you want 20% it appears you have to come in on weight, yourself.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

They're both over so I assume that Moras just decided to do it at catchweight and stopped cutting weight, so no.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Kevin Lee is a cool Detroit dude who is absolutely shredded and is training out of real camps for the first time in his life.

Detroit_Dogg fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 6, 2014

tonesville
Apr 25, 2010
I detect subtle photo alterations. ^^

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Kevin Lee is a cool Detroit dude who is absolutely shredded and is training out of real camps for the first time in his life.

I don't get what this is about but I've incorporated it into the OP anyway.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
This is the only card I've ever seen where the only two fights I care about are the first one and the last one.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Scoggins/Ortiz is a real good fight and it seems like it accidentally ended up on tonight's card instead of 175.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Y'all want Van Buren to lose because reality TV editing made him seem like a gently caress head, though I have no idea who the other guy is and I watched the whole season. Lima seems legitimately entertaining so I think he'll do well. Edgar and Penn always put on pretty good fights so it's worth watching. What the gently caress else are you doing on a Sunday night? I've got to go to a buffet with mermaids with my in-laws so consider yourselves lucky.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

I don't get what this is about but I've incorporated it into the OP anyway.

Thank you friend.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Excellent OP.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

1st AD posted:

Anyways this card looks dreadful and the only worthwhile fight is Scoggins/Ortiz.

Pretty much.

Also, I can acknowledge that Frankie is one of the few legitimate P4P greats, and yet I have been sucked into the BJ hype once again. I can't shake Baby Jay, and think he will win.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

-Atom- posted:

I can't shake Baby Jay

infanticide is more of a rampage thing

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Sarah Moras crazy hair/crazier eyes reminder:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

-Atom- posted:

I can't shake Baby Jay, and think he will win.

lmao no don't. It's fine to like BJ Penn as I do and so do many others but please do not think he will win. Instead, think that he will look like a good fighter again and Edgar will simply be better. That's what's gonna happen.

It isn't like Edgar has any reason to overlook Penn and somehow be a severely worse fighter than he was years ago when he beat Penn. Edgar is only 1 win removed from losing 3 times in a row & hasn't fought in a year so he's going to be determined to win impressively tonight.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

can someone make this into a not poo poo looking avatar? because I need a new once since Chael is No More

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

Mr. Nice! posted:

If so I hope we get a WMMA version of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mcjR3TsK4s&t=211s

"You know that's my job..." shoves towel into to mouth *CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH*. Awesome.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I forgot, why was he doing that again? Is that a way of tricking his body into satiating his thirst without actually drinking water and ruining his weight cut?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yes, cutting weight loving sucks.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

-Atom- posted:

can someone make this into a not poo poo looking avatar? because I need a new once since Chael is No More

Is the file size limit 30kb?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

LobsterMobster posted:

Sarah Moras crazy hair/crazier eyes reminder:

I was trying to figure out who she reminded me of, and I'm pretty sure it's crazy eyes Bobby Liebling.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

-Atom- posted:

Aurain posted:

Is the file size limit 30kb?

On the assumption it is a 30kb limit, this is about as good as you'll get file size, loss and colour wise for under 30kb.

This is the same at around 80kb, but I don't think you can use it but maybe worth a try if you really wanted to.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I forgot how loving weird that ice crunching thing was

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Aurain posted:

On the assumption it is a 30kb limit, this is about as good as you'll get file size, loss and colour wise for under 30kb.

This is the same at around 80kb, but I don't think you can use it but maybe worth a try if you really wanted to.

Hell yes. Thank you for taking the time to do it. Here's hoping she doesn't get poo poo kicked!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No worries, it only takes a minute or two once you know what to do with Photoshop.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Speaking of Coleman, is there a supercut of him on TUF 19 yet? I didn't watch it and that's all I really want to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Knee-splosion :cry:

• Locked thread