Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Dhiego Lima is Douglas Lima's brother, right?

Anyways this card looks dreadful and the only worthwhile fight is Scoggins/Ortiz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lid posted:

Missed weight by 8 pounds vs missed weight by 4 pounds.

too much cheesecake leads to Morass

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I'm assuming she's still forfeiting some of her purse, right?

They're both over so I assume that Moras just decided to do it at catchweight and stopped cutting weight, so no.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Scoggins/Ortiz is a real good fight and it seems like it accidentally ended up on tonight's card instead of 175.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

-Atom- posted:

I can't shake Baby Jay

infanticide is more of a rampage thing

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I forgot, why was he doing that again? Is that a way of tricking his body into satiating his thirst without actually drinking water and ruining his weight cut?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Someone let me know when the Scoggins fight starts so I don't have to watch the rest of this poo poo.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

gently caress Scoggins instantly taken down

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

drat that was a cool scramble

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I don't even know how to score that unless 10-10s exist

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Yeah he should really work at getting up because if he's not scrambling constantly Ortiz will be able to take him down and hold him there whenever he wants.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

This fight is one of many reasons why wrestling is the best.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I have Ortiz 30-28. Disappointing as a fan of Scoggins but that was a scrambly fight so I'm cool.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I'm out at the moment but someone please provide a PBP that's PSP worthy while I abuse my liver thanks in advance

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Okay apparently Franklin Edgar murdered BJ Penn. is it safe to say he's better than GSP now? Because he is.

Frankie/Mendes please

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lloyd Boner posted:

Man imagine if we had Edgar vs Faber instead of that poo poo

Edgar vs. Faber or $Mendes are way better fights so I expect the UFC not to make either one.

Though maybe we can get Frankie to headline 176?

Miching Mallecho posted:

BJ's coaches thought he generates more power from that upright stance. :psyduck:

BJ's coaches are dumb shits and have been since forever. It's just that until Frankie showed up it kind of didn't matter. iirc he straight up ignored their corner advice in the Sanchez and Florian fights.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

How long is Aldo's injury gonna put him out? Might as well do an interim title with Mendes vs anybody at this point. I'd be down for Frankie or Cub getting that fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Looks like Aldo's injury is gonna shelve him for 45 days, so per Dana the fight could be rescheduled. Frankie had a visible grimace when he heard that.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

BJ Penn officially retired.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

"It requires a high, high energy level to compete with the guys at the top."

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

BJ Penn is so loving depressed right now and he's begging Dana for a role in the UFC Gym :smith:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

He kind of had a good round against Diaz though, it's just that he ran out of steam and then got demolished in the next 2 rounds. And he was dealing with size AND reach disadvantages.

I mean we'll never know what a non-lazy BJ would look like but I feel like he would've been better off training full time at a real camp instead of surrounding himself with sycophants.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Man I make fun of BJ a lot but seeing him constantly on the verge of tears is really depressing.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

lmao "we heard Felice Herrig almost got thrown off the show on the first day" in reference to TUF 20
Dana: "well...I wouldn't say she almost got thrown off. A fight broke out the first day."

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

vainman posted:

Remember when Bj fought Machida? He almost won.

In fact he should've won but Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

BJ Penn's career has really been great and has provided such moments as him punching Machida very hard and Machida looking terrified, him punching GSP very hard and GSP looking terrified, and him throwing his first and only headkick in his entire career against Diego Sanchez and stopping the fight with the cut that opened up from that kick. Also the whole thing with his mom and GSP's greasing.

But his crowning achievement was the Fitching of Jon Fitch and for that I am eternally grateful that he's a retarded little babby.

In closing,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xKYlznmNfQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82twpwuE0iU

• Locked thread