Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mio Bison posted:

E: Pro sidebet: how many morbidly obese people are within ten yards of the stage during Smash finals?
About half as many as there are for SFIV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

evo might announce something, probably mkx characters.
I fully expect Ultra SF4 for PS4 to be announced as well.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zurreco posted:

They're going to drop out of the top 5 in viewership pretty easily. Obviously USF4 and UMvC3 will be top 2, but BlazBlue and Smash will pass it, and probably SFxT at #5. Even KI is starting to pick up some steam while KoF is aging. KoF is legit boring as gently caress to watch, even if you know exactly what is going on.

Better than Injustice, sure, but... eh.

What happens when he starts running a Zero/Dormmamu/Morrigan? People will hate him again, right?

KOF is not boring to watch.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

cams posted:

I was hoping for a new fighting game announcement, but this is okay too i guess

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
KOF is boring because people play boring characters. Kim is boring.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

cams posted:

Lol this hasn't been announced? It's a given.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

KOF is not boring to watch.

Watching KoF is like watching women's college hoops: fundamentally sound with zero wow factor.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zurreco posted:

Watching KoF is like watching women's college hoops: fundamentally sound with zero wow factor.

Did you not watch the last 2 evo's? KOF was loving legit.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zurreco posted:

you suck and also happen to regard your bad opinion as a fact

anime was right fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 6, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
KoF is a cool game to watch, but since it is mostly player by spanish people and koreans it's at its most exciting when the usa is winning

so basically KoF is the soccer of fighting games, USA USA USA

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Beef Waifu posted:

KoF is a cool game to watch, but since it is mostly player by spanish people and koreans it's at its most exciting when the usa is winning

so basically KoF is the soccer of fighting games, USA USA USA

Does that make Marvel the American football of fighting games, since only the US really cares about it?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

I watched the Grand Finals. It wasn't bad or anything, but it paled in comparison to almost every other pool/bracket series I watched that year. If that's your jam, go for it, but KoF is definitely on the bottom rung of games this year.

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

you suck and also happen to have regard your opinion as a fact

Why don't you say that to my face, jerk? :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnonSpore posted:

Does that make Marvel the American football of fighting games, since only the US really cares about it?

Yeah, pretty much.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fruitsnacks posted:

Reynald had to cancel recently because of some personal matters. I don't know about Bala though.

BALA couldn't get a visa last year. Not sure about this year but it wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

Street Fighter fits pretty well as baseball in this anology. The Japanese even love it more than most Americans do.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Will Super Fighting Robot Megamans be present @ this years?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Anime Device posted:

Will Super Fighting Robot Megamans be present @ this years?

Just Melee still this year. Wii U Smash 4 isn't out until winter so it might be at next Evo, but that's only if the hardcore Smash community can finally let Melee go.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zurreco posted:

Because you're terrified of vaginas?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Suspicious Cook posted:

but that's only if the hardcore Smash community can finally let Melee go.

Melee is 13 years old.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Since Nintendo is an Evo sponsor this year I hope they reveal a character :pray:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Project M could never be featured at Evo, could it? Not being a real Nintendo game and all. I watched a bunch of it during CEO and thought it was a better looking game compared to Melee

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Omnikin posted:

Project M could never be featured at Evo, could it? Not being a real Nintendo game and all

I don't think Nintendo would let that happen, especially with a new entry in the series being right around the corner.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Anime Device posted:

Melee is 13 years old.

In five more years it can finally move out and live on its own. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Suspicious Cook posted:

In five more years it can finally move out and live on its own. :v:
It probably won't though.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Zurreco posted:

He can't he's literally banned from EVO.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Melee will live forever

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EDIT: Oh wait, I remember.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 6, 2014

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Truth, KOF great all around. And the Kim being boring argument is bull, since you can say the same about Marvel and people using Zero, Magneto, Virgil.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Jiro posted:

Truth, KOF great all around. And the Kim being boring argument is bull, since you can say the same about Marvel and people using Zero, Magneto, Virgil.

Zero and Virgil absolutely killed UMvC3 for me. Even if Kim is everyone's go-to guy, there are at least two other characters on the team in KoF to watch. You could say the same about Marvel, but as long as Zero's doing lightning loops, the other team doesn't get to play anyway.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zurreco posted:

I watched the Grand Finals. It wasn't bad or anything, but it paled in comparison to almost every other pool/bracket series I watched that year. If that's your jam, go for it, but KoF is definitely on the bottom rung of games this year.

Yeah you're pretty dumb.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

Endorph posted:

About half as many as there are for SFIV.

This is unfair because Justin Wong counts for like 30.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Who else is also hoping for some really good streamed Nidhogg play?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Jiro posted:

Who else is also hoping for some really good streamed Nidhogg play?

Lethal League or bust.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jiro posted:

Soon as I see Zero, I pretty much switch to something else. It's like oh great look it's broke as poo poo Zero. Though Beef is right, KOF is basically the soccer of fighting games.

But gently caress that guy who said KOF is boring.

YOUR BORING.

KOF is king. :colbert:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Thanks, Sirlin Games!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Thanks, Sirlin Games!

I'm really surprised Capcom isn't on this list.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

I'm really surprised Capcom isn't on this list.

Why? They don't really have the money.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Fruitsnacks posted:

Reynald had to cancel recently because of some personal matters. I don't know about Bala though.

This really sucks, especially since this is most likely KOF13's last year; neither Reynald nor Bala ever got a chance to defend their EVO championships.

EDIT: Oops, forgot that Bala only got 2nd. Well, he never got a chance to come back. I think he did win MLG, didn't he?

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 6, 2014

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Shiki Dan posted:

This really sucks, especially since this is most likely KOF13's last year; neither Reynald nor Bala ever got a chance to defend their EVO championships.

Bala never won EVO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Why? They don't really have the money.

Given the 10k pot bonus they put up for Ultra, the CPT stream and every FGC-facing Capcom employee showing up their not being on that list is probably an oversight.

• Locked thread