Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Wow Tekken is pools to finals in like 6 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
Reposting from the general stream monster thread-

Note that according to the ST Revival schedule the Evo Main Stage ST event on Saturday is going to be Top 8 of X-Mania US (single elim team tournament) and not TOL Finals. Doesn't look like TOL will be on the main stage at all, Top 32 (winners of the pools running that day plus previous qualifiers and japanese invites) will start at 4 PM Friday and will be streamed on Arkadeum.

Here's the lineups for both TOL and X-Mania - http://www.strevival.com/evo2014pools/

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Gologle posted:

I feel like there should be a warning that goes "this schedule will not be held to."

Evo usually runs on time.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Updated the OP with the primary stream schedule, thanks interro.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

interrodactyl posted:

Evo usually runs on time.

GF tends to run ball-bustingly late, they usually lose about an hour for Marvel/SF4.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u83LQ5G5kpE

evo hype videos let's go

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
My predictions for X-Mania Top 8 (brackets here - http://www.strevival.com/evo2014pools/)

Pool A - Team Pop Off Boys, Marsgatti / Krost / TechnicalMonkey

Mars is so good and TechnicalMonkey's Chun destroyed WC in a East vs West exhibition a while back.

Pool B - Triple OG, shotosallday / ultracombo / DNGR S PAPERCUT

shotosallday is the best player in this pool and can play any character at a high level, ultracombo's O. Sagat is no joke and he consistently places just under the top tier of USA ST Gods in tournament, Papercut has one of the best T. Hawks in the US. Any of these guys could OCV teams.

Pool C - Team OGSF, Valle / Choi / Watson

Maybe Choi and Watson will play super rusty but there's just so much talent on this team. Good luck to your team interrobang.

Pool D - Team Old Dirty G's, AfroCole / Kuroppi / Simpower

I'm not so sure about this prediction really. Cole is amazing but it's single elim, one game per team member; Kuroppi plays Honda who has a lot of bad matches, and I don't know who Simpower plays other than Sim but you gotta assume Cole will play Sim right?

Pool E - Team Mᕒ, MAO / Mattsun / TMF

Japanese gods. MAO is one of the originators of hyou bal Claw, Mattsun is one of the greatest Ken players, TMF is lesser known but a really good Gief.

Pool F - Team Japan #2, Kurahashi / Noguchi / Hanashi

More Japanese gods. In a recent interview Damdai listed Kurahashi and Noguchi among the top 3 ST players in Japan in his opinion. Kurahashi is known as a truly godlike Guile and Ryu, Noguchi has won multiple major ST tournaments in Japan, Hanashi is considered the best Fei in Japan.

Pool G - Team Special Forces, AfroLegends / Damdai / Ganelon

America's two best players and a beastly Claw, what more do you need?

Pool H - Team Japan, Daigo / Tokido / Nuki

The first 3 of the 5 gods. Daigo and Tokido probably haven't been playing ST lately though, I would expect this to actually be the weakest of the 3 Japanese teams.

Really looking forward to Team Japan vs Team OGSF in first round of Top 8, it'll be like it's 1995!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Evo is going to be cool like always and I'll be there :cool:

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

ZerodotJander posted:

Pool C - Team OGSF, Valle / Choi / Watson

Maybe Choi and Watson will play super rusty but there's just so much talent on this team. Good luck to your team interrobang.

kuroppi had to float a few brackets to deal with regional disputes, so we were going to be in the Daigo/Tokido/Nuki pool...until we then got floated again into Mao's pool.

So now all we have to do is beat Mao, no problem.

ToL 2 is going to be insaaaane:

Look at this loving lineup.

ZerodotJander
Dec 29, 2004

Chinaman, explain!
Oh cool. Well despite some changes in the brackets I don't think it impacts any of my predictions!

For TOL2, personally as an EC native I'm rooting hardest for Damdai, would be really happy to see Afrolegends win too of course. Out of the Japanese players, I'd like to see Nuki win, I really like it when OGs show they still have it.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Are they doing top 8 of Smash on Sunday? Cause if so it will take way loving longer than 2 hours.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Nativity In Black posted:

Are they doing top 8 of Smash on Sunday? Cause if so it will take way loving longer than 2 hours.

Smash top 8 ran mostly on time last year at EVO

http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/c/2585413

10ish minutes over at most. KOF top 8 on the other hand always takes like 3 hours.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Maybe it just seemed long because I was bored. Though to be fair I watched some Smash last night and didn't hate it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Is it just me or are there not enough streams covering evo?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

A.o.D. posted:

More will pop up I'm sure. There were several streams that ran off of wireless last year to show pools and side tournaments not on the main streams.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I missed ToL last year and the year before and I'm not missing it again, god dammit.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Brosnan posted:

Updated the OP with the primary stream schedule, thanks interro.

You accidentally wrote "June 11" instead of July 11 in the OP schedule. :)

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

Jyosua confirmed today that he has dispensation from Tom Cannon to stream BBCP pools.

https://twitter.com/Jyosua/status/486215073593950209

There will be more. I'm sure someone will step up to stream KoF XIII pools, too.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I have only two wishes from Evo this year:

1. Chris G loses hilariously in Marvel again
2. Smug (or any American, but especially Smug) makes top 16 in Ultra to show that America isn't free as hell

Other than that, I'm just hype as hell for some great matches

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

Manoueverable posted:

I have only two wishes from Evo this year:

1. Chris G loses hilariously in Marvel again
2. Smug (or any American, but especially Smug) makes top 16 in Ultra to show that America isn't free as hell

Other than that, I'm just hype as hell for some great matches

PrRog E.Ryu will be top 16 easy; I would put money on that poo poo.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
I can't recall the last time PR Rog beat a Japanese player and his Evil Ryu is still amateurish compared to his main. He has killer confirms and combo execution but weak setups and shoto fundamentals, that jump divekick jump again focus jump some more stuff only works in America. Top 16 with Boxer maybe but no chance with Evil Ryu. IMO Smug and the other EG members are smarter bets to go deep for various reasons.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

vibratingsheep posted:

There will be more. I'm sure someone will step up to stream KoF XIII pools, too.

Please let this happen. I really want to see the KOF pools, and without Reynald and Bala it's going to be an interesting set of unknowns facing off.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Mio Bison posted:

I can't recall the last time PR Rog beat a Japanese player and his Evil Ryu is still amateurish compared to his main. He has killer confirms and combo execution but weak setups and shoto fundamentals, that jump divekick jump again focus jump some more stuff only works in America. Top 16 with Boxer maybe but no chance with Evil Ryu. IMO Smug and the other EG members are smarter bets to go deep for various reasons.

Yeah, I was gonna say, IIRC Rog hasn't won anything with Evil Ryu and has kinda been taking a backseat to Ricky and Justin since Ultra came out. Ultimately I don't think any Americans will make Top 8, but I could definitely see one losing a heartbreaker in the qualifiers for loser's.

Comedy option: Mike Ross gets 4th in his pool :v:

Flanky
Jun 2, 2011
The lack of faith in this thread in Our Lord and Savior SnakeEyes is troubling.

Top 8 is iffy but I'd easily see him in top 16.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
Didn't see this in the OP, so here's what Madcatz/MarkMan will be streaming (Skullgirls Top 8! Woo!):

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Mio Bison posted:

There's an amazing roundtable discussion with 5 top Japanese players plus Itabashi Zangief (low blow, but I had to) about the state of Ultra 1.01 and Evo that was translated into English by Zhi. One of the last questions is about who they're worried about meeting at Evo, and pretty much the entire EG team gets called out by name. Daigo names Ricky and Justin's Rufus, as well as PR Rog's Boxer. Kazunoko also fingers Eduardo as his nemesis. The other players who get called out as huge threats are Dieminion, Gamerbee, Xiaohai, Infiltration, and Xian.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/225/G022539/20140704102/

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

quote:

Daigo: Yes, indeed. Since the beginning of Vanilla SF4 I've been playing Ryu for 6 years straight now, so it's only natural that I wanted something new. Also for USF4, everyone's attack power was raised, but Ryu's attack power did not change that much.

4Gamer: You felt it was very difficult.

Daigo: Yes. I began to look around for characters with high firepower and landed on Evil Ryu. At first, I didn't pay much attention to his strength and selected him. However, once I began to use Evil Ryu, I began to ask myself, "What have I been doing this entire time?"

RIP Ryu, see you in Street Fighter 5 I guess.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
The best part about that interview was Bonchan going "I'll be fine. It's just PR Balrog."

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Well, at least the KoF finals didn't get the 8am treatment this time around. It's sad that Reynald won't be there; last year was such an inspiring tale of successful rebellion against our Japanese and Korean masters.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

ShortThug posted:

The best part about that interview was Bonchan going "I'll be fine. It's just PR Balrog."

I don't know if its funnier or sadder that that's probably the mentality of every top tier fighting game player. "Well, PR Balrog never wins a tournament anyway, so I'm good."

Also, I'm surprised Daigo didn't say "Justin Wong? That guy who I parried every single one of Chun's kicks and finished off at Evo 2005? If I beat him at his best, how can he win now?"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The best part of that discussion was Daigo not giving a gently caress and venting about how every anti-fireball move in the game is actually an anti-Ryu move instead and how the first characters to get nerfed are always the ones that the top players use.

PrivRyan
Aug 3, 2012

This rock smells like stone.
I'm ecstatic Ultra's this friday. Thank god for getting off work for evo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

The best part of that discussion was Daigo not giving a gently caress and venting about how every anti-fireball move in the game is actually an anti-Ryu move instead.
The best part was Kazu pointing out that Gouken relies on fireballs too and Daigo changing the subject.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Endorph posted:

The best part was Kazu pointing out that Gouken relies on fireballs too and Daigo changing the subject.

Not that Kazunoko is exactly innocent in the hypocrisy department.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

The best part of that discussion was Daigo not giving a gently caress and venting about how every anti-fireball move in the game is actually an anti-Ryu move instead and how the first characters to get nerfed are always the ones that the top players use.

He's got a point. Gen would probably not have been touched if Xian didn't show everyone his power.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

He's got a point. Gen would probably not have been touched if Xian didn't show everyone his power.

I don't know about all of gen's changes, but his focus attack was pure bullshit.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Is Xrd going to be at EVO at all?

Also what was the name of the goon who came really close to winning TT2 last year?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kuvo posted:

Is Xrd going to be at EVO at all?

It's going to be there and playable

print scream key
Sep 20, 2012
I haven't missed watching EVO since 2010 and I forgot it was this weekend and made plans to hang out with a girl

:negative:

at least my date will probably go terribly and i'll make it back home in time to catch USF4 finals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberChair
Jan 8, 2008

This club is borin' the crap outta me!
drat KOF getting the shaft on Sunday

at least I have plenty of time that day to get plastered before mvc3 and ultra

• Locked thread