Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Guys, seriously. Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 1 was definitely above average for the first season of a network sitcom, but....really???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Now that I've finished announcing everything in IRC, here are the full results.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Whoever the other person is who voted Hannibal Buress for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy hit me up because we are BROS FOR LIFE

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Well, it seems "Not Completed or Not Displayed" has won everything. :smithicide:

Edit: Otherwise, it's just Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad. :(

Ravane fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 28, 2014

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I'm surprised Brooklyn 99 won by such a huge margin. Let's be clear: it is a great comedy especially for a network... but does nobody else watch Veep?

Also did I miss a category for animated comedy that had Archer and Bob's Burgers?

edit:

Bown posted:

Whoever the other person is who voted Hannibal Buress for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy hit me up because we are BROS FOR LIFE

I almost did until I noticed he was going up against Andre Braugher (kinda unfair since Brooklyn 99 is pretty much an ensemble so really all the characters are supporting).

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 28, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Heh, any goons upset that Skyler beat Arya?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Everybody who voted for the Mountain and the Viper because it had one good scene over the Lion and the Rose which was good from start to finish should be ashamed of themselves.

Good on Louie and Julia for destroying the comedy lead categories. Glad to see goons aren't a total lost cause.

Forget everything I said. Monty Python over Cheers. For fucks sake guys. :negative:

Dodged a bullet with X-Files beating Buffy by two votes. Whedon fans need to get over themselves already.

Lycus posted:

Heh, any goons upset that Skyler beat Arya?

Next year we need a best child actor category so goons can creepily pit Kiren Shipka, Masey Williams and the girl who plays Louie's daughter against each other.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I want the names of the 16 people that voted for loving Buffy The Vampire Slayer so I can ban them at a later date.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Deadpool posted:

I want the names of the 16 people that voted for loving Buffy The Vampire Slayer so I can ban them at a later date.

I voted for it and I'd do it again. :colbert:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
A few notes:

-The Sopranos is actually older than The West Wing by about 8 months, so the Drama Legacy award is being rechristened "The Chase Medal."

-And of course, Monty Python is older than The Simpsons by at least ten years, so say hello to "The Python Medal for Comedic Legacy."

-With Breaking Bad winning three times in a row, I'm awarding it The Chase Medal and making it part of the TV IV pantheon. It won't be eligible for a Legacy vote next year.

-Finally, I'm thinking I might do away with separate Genre categories next year. Aside from it being a little more work, The Warzawa raised an excellent point in that having a separate category, even if it isn't exclusive, cheapens things as a whole. So if anybody has any thoughts or objections to this, I'd like to hear them.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mo0 posted:

I think I mighta done too but in my defence I've never seen The Twilight Zone

DivisionPost posted:

-And of course, Monty Python is older than The Simpsons by at least ten years

23, actually.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Irish Joe posted:

Next year we need a best child actor category so goons can creepily pit Kiren Shipka, Masey Williams and the girl who plays Louie's daughter against each other.
Aren't the first two like on the verge of adulthood now? So they wouldn't count anyway.

Where are the write-in votes damnit! :argh:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mo0 posted:

I have marked you down and your time will come.

Bown posted:

I think I mighta done too but in my defence I've never seen The Twilight Zone

23, actually.

You disgust me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sober posted:

Where are the write-in votes damnit! :argh:

DivisionPad: Anyway, here are the write-ins I can share.
[10:39pm] DivisionPad: Dads
[10:39pm] DivisionPad: Married... with children
[10:39pm] DivisionPad: A bottle of cyanide.
[10:40pm] hcreight: man, if that's one of the ones you can share...
[10:40pm] DivisionPad: True Detective (followed by reading each and every post in the TVIV Thread and streaming it)
[10:40pm] DivisionPad: Whitechapel
[10:40pm] DivisionPad: Charmed
[10:41pm] DivisionPad: Criminal Minds
[10:41pm] DivisionPad: Guiding Light, 15,762 episodes long
[10:41pm] DivisionPad: Home Improvement. All of it.
[10:41pm] DivisionPad: Dog With a Blog
[10:42pm] DivisionPad: Doctor Who, but only the old ones
[10:42pm] DivisionPad: Sex and the City
[10:42pm] DivisionPad: Power Rangers Operation Overdrive
[10:42pm] DivisionPad: Two Broke Girls
[10:42pm] DivisionPad: Once Upon a Time
[10:43pm] DivisionPad: The Leftovers or Downtown Abbey lol
[10:43pm] DivisionPad: Eastbound & down
[10:43pm] DivisionPad: That's all.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Bown posted:

DivisionPad: Anyway, here are the write-ins I can share.
:words:
[10:41pm] DivisionPad: Dog With a Blog
[10:43pm] DivisionPad: That's all.

Dog with a Blog. DOG WITH A BLOG!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey, Deadpool, give me some of the best Twilight Zone eps to watch and I'll check them out tomorrow. But I still think Buffy is a decent enough show.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
See, now that I see how close it was, I regret even more not making my vote a write-in for Zero Hour, because that would've left Occ even closer to watching Mind of Mencia.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mo0 posted:

See, now that I see how close it was, I regret even more not making my vote a write-in for Zero Hour, because that would've left Occ even closer to watching Mind of Mencia.

I would euthanize him before letting him subject himself to the Ned Holness Lowest Denominator Power Half-Hour.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bown posted:

Hey, Deadpool, give me some of the best Twilight Zone eps to watch and I'll check them out tomorrow. But I still think Buffy is a decent enough show.

These ones. Just start at one and keep going. Or pick at random. My custom title is from this one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadpool posted:

I have marked you down and your time will come.

You disgust me.

The majority of Buffy has aged really badly but it still left a huge legacy on genre TV. Even if it's not the best it's still one of the most important genre shows of all time.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I'd argue that a good start point would be:

The Monsters are Due on Maple Street
To Serve Man
Time Enough at Last
People are Alike All Over

But Twilight Zone is super highly subjective, in my experience, so.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Mo0 posted:

I would've straight up refused to do it so um

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Game of Thrones completely shut out Hannibal. I can't believe all of you.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rarity posted:

The majority of Buffy has aged really badly but it still left a huge legacy on genre TV. Even if it's not the best it's still one of the most important genre shows of all time.

Yes, just think about it. Without Buffy, we would not have TvTropes.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

So ... can we not have Buffy then? :v:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Oxxidation posted:

...poo poo.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sober posted:

So ... can we not have Buffy then? :v:

If we couldn't then don't you think I'd have done something about it by now

I tried the time-machine route but was foiled by another temporal vagrant who would not allow me to interfere with the creation of Firefly. His thighs were round, but his kung fu was strong.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

What is worse, a Whedonite that suggests to someone to watch Firefly or a Whedonite that suggests that they watch Dollhouse?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Sober posted:

What is worse, a Whedonite that suggests to someone to watch Firefly or a Whedonite that suggests that they watch Dollhouse?

A Whedonite who suggests that someone watch Angel.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cheers gets shafted AGAIN!

Buncha bad show watchin subhumans in here.(cept for the people who voted for Monty Python that deserved the win probably)

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

The more I think about it though, TVTropes is like the DeviantArt of the internet writing community (one part of it) that keeps all the bad writers locked in that one space with their crappy 'totally not fan fiction' messes that are just amalgamations of tropes they like.

What is worse, slash fiction or TVTropes fiction?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zaggitz posted:

Cheers gets shafted AGAIN!

Buncha bad show watchin subhumans in here.(cept for the people who voted for Monty Python that deserved the win probably)

At least Sopranos finally made it in.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Sober posted:

The more I think about it though, TVTropes is like the DeviantArt of the internet writing community (one part of it) that keeps all the bad writers locked in that one space with their crappy 'totally not fan fiction' messes that are just amalgamations of tropes they like.

TVTropes fiction, because slash fiction can actually be good. :colbert:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sober posted:

Oh my god

Oh

Oh my Jesus. I never thought it would happen in this thread.

I have an excuse to show you something.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

DivisionPost posted:

Oh my god

Oh

You did it, you found the one thing worse than posting the John Galt speech.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

Oh my god

Oh

gently caress you DivisionPost. Just gently caress you.

Why would you trick me into clicking on that? I thought I knew you you better than that.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

DivisionPost posted:

Oh my god

Oh

I feel like that is a copy/paste of an actual TVTropes article ... but now I'm not so sure...

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

MrAristocrates posted:

Game of Thrones completely shut out Hannibal. I can't believe all of you.

Yes how dare people prefer a good show over a bad one

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sober posted:

I feel like that is a copy/paste of an actual TVTropes article ... but now I'm not so sure...

It's legit. Gaze into it, and be consumed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Yes how dare people prefer a good show over a bad one

My mod challenges have really skewed your brain it seems.

• Locked thread