Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Alavaria posted:

So can we get one faction in the federation and kill everyone else?

Forming the federation requires at least two races.

After that, you can kill literally everyone else if you want and the game will call it a win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

my dad posted:

So, uplifting the pacifist robots and making amends after snatching their ship is a good opener, I assume?

Why I voted for the Andors and Diplomacy Even if sniper refuses to acknowledge my vote.

Note: there are no humans here, merely rear end in a top hat robots, Not rear end in a top hat robots, owls, boars, OHGODTHESWARM, Greys, squidmans, and YOTOHOBLOODFORTHESPACEVIKINGGOD.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Thoraxians Violently

The ol' queenie will get over it, right?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I guess Andors and Diplomacy.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Hyord posted:

The race is the Thoraxians and the method is violence.
Voting this too.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
I'd like to change my vote from the Evucks to the Burlusts after actually playing the game a bit.

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
Death to the Evucks!

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Alavaria posted:

So can we get one faction in the federation and kill everyone else?

You have to form a federation with two races but you can backstab one of them until it leaves the Federation afterwards, so yes it's entirely possible to finish the game with one race left. It's even possible to finish the game with just one PLANET left.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004
Clearly, we need to utterly ignore the Peltists until the very end, when we invite them to become race #2 (out of 2 surviving races in the galaxy) in our federation, causing the other race to storm out, at which point Peltists win by default!

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

Dibujante posted:

Clearly, we need to utterly ignore the Peltists until the very end, when we invite them to become race #2 (out of 2 surviving races in the galaxy) in our federation, causing the other race to storm out, at which point Peltists win by default!

If we ignore the Peltists they'll probably die early game lol

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

Yeah pretty much. They have a tendency to get brutally murdered if left to their own devices.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
I can't wait to see how this plays out. So far it's looking like some sort of puzzle game with some interesting space battles mixed in.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Is there any kind of scoring at the end based on how much of the solar system remains intact after unification? Or is our sole objective to prevent the races from engaging in endlessly-escalating warfare and genocide that eventually transforms the galaxy into AI War: Fleet Command?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kanthulhu posted:

I can't wait to see how this plays out. So far it's looking like some sort of puzzle game with some interesting space battles mixed in.

It's a really difficult game to pin down into any one genre, which is sort of a hallmark of Arcen games.

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Is there any kind of scoring at the end based on how much of the solar system remains intact after unification? Or is our sole objective to prevent the races from engaging in endlessly-escalating warfare and genocide that eventually transforms the galaxy into AI War: Fleet Command?

There's achievements, and the computer will comment on how much of a monster you were, but yeah as far as winning the game goes it doesn't matter if the Federation consists of two comatose Burlusts at the end, as long as there's nobody who isn't in the Federation.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Vote Count

Evucks: 22 (Viscardus, Sniper4625, Bobbin Threadbare, blackunknown, Talas, Mirdini, Glowing Red Sign, VerdantSquire, Patter Song, Gnooble, Gnoll, Rollofthedice, Rejected Fate, Anticheese, Kavak, Jimmy4400nav, rlloyd3, Neddy Seagoon, Luhood, Ghostwoods, JT Jag, Sinner Sandwich)
Thoraxians: 8 (Rogue0071, Blind Sally, Hyord, Wentley, Archonex, Frionnel, ThatBasqueGuy, DeceitfulPenguin)
Acutians: 6 (GSD, Gorgo Primus, Hutter, Serperoth, Arglebargle III, Ghetto Prince)
Peltians: 7 (thsgrn, Eiba, Glenn Zimmerman, Cythereal, paragon1, Koraith, Pittsburgh Lambic)
Burlusts: 18 (Lord C., WeaponsGradeSadness, unwantedplatypus, Tomn, Rubix Squid, Daeren, BBJoey, ibntumart, Cantorsdust, Kaboom Dragoon, Rabid Weasel, Brutus Salad, AJ_Impy, Kanthulhu, Vyxzuw, a rich white man, Dibujante, Serpentis)
Skylaxians: 1 (Trundel)
Andors: 2 (AtomikKrab, TTBF)

Violence: 47 (Viscardus, Sniper4625, Rogue0071, GSD, Gorgo Primus, Hutter, Lord C., Bobbin Threadbare, a rich white man, blackunknown, Talas, Mirdini, WeaponsGradeSadness, Blind Sally, Hyord, Glowing Red Sign, VerdantSquire, Tomn, Luhood, Gnooble, Rubix Squid, Daeren, BBJoey, Rollofthedice, Rejected Fate, ibntumart, Cantorsdust, Anticheese, Kavak, Jimmy4400nav, rlloyd3, Kaboom Dragoon, Neddy Seagoon, Rabid Weasel, Ghetto Prince, Brutus Salad, Archonex, Kanthulu, Ghostwoods, Frionnel, Vyxzuw, JT Jag, ThatBasqueGuy, Deceitful Penguin, Sinner Sandwich, Dibujante, Serpentis)
Diplomacy: 17 (thsgrn, Eiba, Glenn Zimmerman, Cythereal, Serperoth, paragon1, unwantedplatypus, Patter Song, Wentley, Koraith, Pittsburgh Lambic, Arglebargle III, Gnoll, Trundel, AJ_Impy, AtomikKrab, TTBF)

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 7, 2014

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004
Going to cast my vote to do violence to the Burlusts, because we must show them right away that we're the policemen of the worldgalaxy :911:

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Gotta be violent to those Burlusts.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Being violent to the Burlusts is obviously the correct action of a four-headed space dragon.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Violence and Burlusts seems like a good idea to me.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Yeah those Burlust fellows seem like they need some violence applied to them.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Voting Burlusts for katamari of guns.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Blegh, changing to the Burlusts but I still think we should wipe out the bugs as quickly and hard as possible!

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

I'd say we should take out the Thoraxians. Violently.

KOraithER
May 13, 2007

Kids, go in the other room. Grown-up talk.
I'm changing my vote to Burlusts, Violently. Who can argue with a katamari of guns?

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
Who knew my offhanded term would be so influential? Maybe I'm better at this goonmind thing than I thought :v:

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Voting Burlusts, Violently. We will make it our priority to wipe out the Evucks, but to do that, we must keep them weak. The phrase "katamari of guns" won me over. A katamari of guns will be quite helpful in demolishing the Evucks.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
Violent Burlusts - interested to see if this game got better, I know it got like fifteen patches after it came out.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Yay a new WizLP.

Voting for Violent Burlusts

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
We need to Violence the Peltians, clearly.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Mad Wack posted:

I know it got like fifteen patches after it came out.

It's pretty good. It's also getting an expansion that lets you murder a race and take it over with robotic duplicates/wannabe Daleks. Which lets you play the game as an evil hydral that directly controls a race to take over a system.

There's also additions to this mode that adds a new race called the Obscura. Which apparently are the evil nation sized version of the Hydrals or something. Pretty sure they don't want you to make the federation, and will do plenty of covert stuff like you do to try and break it up and keep the races isolated and at each others throats.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I think I'll be an rear end in a top hat in one of these, for once.

Violence to the Evucks.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Hah, I liked this game, but I got sick of the loving Peltians dying horibly the moment I turned on fast forward.

Peaceful Andors (and uplift the Peltians ASAP

One thing I never had the time or credits to do was build my own space stations. I totally want to see you do that.

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!

Rockopolis posted:

Hah, I liked this game, but I got sick of the loving Peltians dying horibly the moment I turned on fast forward.

Peaceful Andors (and uplift the Peltians ASAP

One thing I never had the time or credits to do was build my own space stations. I totally want to see you do that.

In my game the Peltians annexed the Capitalist-Robot planet from the Burlusts, so clearly you were doing things wrong. :colbert:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Tomn posted:

Conversely, violence doesn't only mean blasting all the pursuers into stardust (though it does mean that). It also means making sure that whoever we pick are going to be the first race into space, giving them a considerable leg up on pretty much everyone else and making them initially one of the most powerful empires around.
That's what I thought, but that implication was edited out of the OP and people were going on about how a violent theft won't make them any stronger.

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

These two facts together make it even more critical that we Diplomatically get a ship from the Peltians.

Whoever we steal from, we are unleashing onto the star system as a threat, not just to ourselves, but to all peaceful and good intelligent beings. We should not unleash the most horrible aggressive species, as we seem poised to do. Think of the destruction that would be wrought by Burlusts or Evucks with unopposed space travel capabilities! It would be monstrous!

No, we should instead Unleash the Peltians!

Let the ineffective owl-moles, bumble in adorable brotherhood about the system, attempting to gently coo their neighbors into submission! Let there be a hegemony of hesitant weak-willed idealists "dominating" the system.

Even if they were a bit cross with us, it would be better than giving true monsters the key to destroying their neighbors early.

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!
Or... you could gift Peltians space tech as your first real action of the game and have them love you forever. Either way, eventually every race finds its way into space.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Gorgo Primus posted:

Or... you could gift Peltians space tech as your first real action of the game and have them love you forever. Either way, eventually every race finds its way into space.
Well, yes. Of course, but one way the Peltians are flying off into space by themselves. In your scenario, they're flying off into space along with with Machiavellian planet destroyers or bloodthirsty demons. I know they're all going to get out there eventually, but I don't want our communist baby birds to leave the burrow in such a hostile world if I can help it.

HrungTheGi
Oct 30, 2012
I'm really concerned about a people that will throw moons at things. Preemptive violence to the Acutians.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

I'd like to change my vote from the Evucks to the Burlusts after actually playing the game a bit.
Me too, you can't argue with a katamari of guns.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Be diplomatic with the Burlusts. Convince them we were doing a favor by stealing from a rival warlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Eiba posted:

That's what I thought, but that implication was edited out of the OP and people were going on about how a violent theft won't make them any stronger.

Your fear is unbecoming of a Hydral. Our race may be dead, but all that means is that we and we alone are the true master of the solar system. Why should we fear the Evucks - or, as the case may be, the Burlusts? Because they will achieve spaceflight a few months or years before the other races? Bah! Mere blinks of an eye to us!

It is for us to decide who may visit the depths of space and who may not. If we wish to give the Peltians technology, we shall give it to them. We shall allow them to become our chief lieutenants if that is what we wish. Do you imagine them so weak that even a technological advantage would see them conquered within moments by the Evucks or Burlusts? You overestimate the ease of such a thing.

If it is our wish, we can simply give all of the races of the solar system spaceflight immediately. Would that soothe your irrational fears? At the moment I wonder whether you truly have the stomach to unite the solar system, or if you will attempt to have us flee in terror at the sight of the first enemy ship. Grow a few backbones, already!

• Locked thread