Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dood aan de moffen, geef me mijn fiets terug hufters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

THS posted:

i google translated this and i agree. its much the same here in america. at some point the contradictions will become too great and there will be a real political crisis, and it will no longer be tenable to ignore these questions

I put that text myself into google translate now to see if it still makes any sense. I'm impressed at how well google translate does it nowadays. Point is my german friend lollerich here thinks it makes inherently no sense to have an opinion about anything because the people at the top will do whatever they want anyways. That is a very, very common sentiment in germany. So common that people don't even bother voting anymore. It's also what makes it possible that politicians do whatever they want in the first place. I don't quite agree with that sentiment and think it's a good thing to have an opinion and also to loudly complain if you don't like stuff. Somehow that really seemed to upset him.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Davincie posted:

dood aan de moffen, geef me mijn fiets terug hufters

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
why do so many germans in the first couple of pages come off as naive douches

every nation spies as has been said
"allying with russia" is pretty hilarious for lots of reasons
you dont really have any good allies cause youve been a poo poo neighbor so you best stay close

youre in it like the rest of us americans, you aint going nowhere: hope you like the feeling of insecurity. youve been rebuilt on our dollars too so youre kind of our bitch sorry. blame your grandfathers :( I do

also op, im willing to bet most people didnt know what the thread meant cause we dont call you DE, you are germans. the US doesnt follow your politics unless its something big, literally no one cares or calls yuo by your appropiate name or abbreviation. yes it is sad drink your beer and deal

Drunk & Ugly fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 7, 2014

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Morkyz posted:

Whenever I hear about the nsa spying on non-Americans I feel slightly aroused.

Whenever I think of an NSA looking at goatse I feel slightly aroused

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Police Automaton posted:

I put that text myself into google translate now to see if it still makes any sense. I'm impressed at how well google translate does it nowadays. Point is my german friend lollerich here thinks it makes inherently no sense to have an opinion about anything because the people at the top will do whatever they want anyways. That is a very, very common sentiment in germany. So common that people don't even bother voting anymore. It's also what makes it possible that politicians do whatever they want in the first place. I don't quite agree with that sentiment and think it's a good thing to have an opinion and also to loudly complain if you don't like stuff. Somehow that really seemed to upset him.

well this all worked out grandly the last few times you tried it

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

political apathy is the ideology of the 21st century. why care?? *lights cigarette* *puts on shades* lmao naive fuckers

Drunk & Ugly posted:

why do so many germans in the first couple of pages come off as naive douches

every nation spies as has been said
"allying with russia" is pretty hilarious for lots of reasons
you dont really have any good allies cause youve been a poo poo neighbor so you best stay close

youre in it like the rest of us americans, you aint going nowhere: hope you like the feeling of insecurity. youve been rebuilt on our dollars too so youre kind of our bitch sorry. blame your grandfathers :( I do

also op, im willing to bet most people didnt know what the thread meant cause we dont call you DE, you are germans. the US doesnt follow your politics unless its something big, literally no one cares or calls yuo by your appropiate name or abbreviation. yes it is sad drink your beer and deal

what is this poo poo

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

THS posted:

political apathy is the ideology of the 21st century. why care?? *lights cigarette* *puts on shades* lmao naive fuckers

what is this poo poo

Too broke to care rn

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Well, not broke enough to riot, but broke enough to be worrying about not politics for the moment

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Well, not broke enough to riot, but broke enough to be worrying about not politics for the moment

Maybe you should work on that before having thoughts about things.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Big Beef City posted:

Maybe you should work on that before having thoughts about things.

I never have thoughts

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
They're just the worst.

Anyways yes everyone spies on everyone, except Israel I think we let them spy on us

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

THS posted:

would be funny if when climate change starts really loving things up, thered be some kind of anti-immigrant green eco fascism (hitler wasnt really that far from this) and the people advocating radical solutions & engineering, carbon reduction, were also racist nationalists touting traditional values. i think there is already stuff like this in europe

They were called 'Armed Bohemians'- Hitler was a vegetarian and taking apart batteries for recycling was one example of concentration camp slave labor.

Please start using nuclear power again, you crazy krauts.

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

They're just the worst.

Anyways yes everyone spies on everyone, except Israel I think we let them spy on us

FREE JONATHAN POLLARD - I can't believe Kerry offered to do this to keep Bibi at the bargaining table.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
The NSA is extremely good, I have no strong political opinions and I am fine with being constantly piss tested -- what I want all future employers to know about me

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011
Turns out that U.S. Guys are so used to their executives violating their constitutional rights, that even complaining about that feels weird

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

THS posted:

what is this poo poo

i dunno man
do u ever read your posts

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

demonicon posted:

Turns out that U.S. Guys are so used to their executives violating their constitutional rights, that even complaining about that feels weird

It's hard to find a job right now. I thought it would be picking up more by now but it hasn't

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

THS posted:

*posts incessantly on the something awful forums*

sittin' back changin the world. will u follow or lead??? click here to follow

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
cant think of a country less interesting to spy on than germany

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Drunk & Ugly posted:

If I was going to seriously start some poo poo I would probably not post about it on the internet before hand (NOTE TO POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS not that this is a good thing to do!)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

lol if you think germany will leave nato over this and join russia, that'd be pants-on-head retarded

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
Imo Germany should leave nato and sign a piece treaty with Russia to declare war on it's former allies. If they're lucky they can convince Japan and Italy to get in on the action too.

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
Lol if you don't think that Germany has double agents in the U.S.A.

I've met a few Chinese spies they have all been pretty cool but they aren't very incognito. Oh don't mind me! Just taking a picture of these seed banks because I've heard how cool American agriculture is!

Edit: I think I dated one once but I could never prove it. Chinese are known for using American women as sleeper agents.

The Walking Dad fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 7, 2014

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME

The Walking Dad posted:

Lol if you don't think that Germany has double agents in the U.S.A.

I've met a few Chinese spies they have all been pretty cool but they aren't very incognito. Oh don't mind me! Just taking a picture of these seed banks because I've heard how cool American agriculture is!

Edit: I think I dated one once but I could never prove it. Chinese are known for using American women as sleeper agents.

loving sweet. I live near a lot of Asian shops and food places, you think they are full of spies and poo poo? Do sushi chefs climb walls and photograph secret installations, and use sushi katanas to cut security when they are caught? loving sweet.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Morkyz posted:

Imo Germany should leave nato and sign a piece treaty with Russia to declare war on it's former allies. If they're lucky they can convince Japan and Italy to get in on the action too.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Drunk & Ugly posted:

we all do what we can. when occupy actually existed i helped where i could. in periods where theres no organized struggle, what can we do other than loudly complain and, stay with me here, talk with people on the internet about it? im not a journalist, i work in IT. if engaging with ppl irl and online about stuff i care about is gay, well then, im gay

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

greg sexyvibes posted:

loving sweet. I live near a lot of Asian shops and food places, you think they are full of spies and poo poo? Do sushi chefs climb walls and photograph secret installations, and use sushi katanas to cut security when they are caught? loving sweet.

chinese spies are more like college students and poo poo who take jobs and send their employer info back to their homeland, they don't do james bond escapades and they're interchangeable with each other

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

they're interchangeable with each other

wow racist

Notmypants
Jan 3, 2014

Pants pants moose pants.
Like someone said on the first page, the issue isn't that the NSA is spying on Germany. As said, every government keeps tabs on the other governments. The issue is that the NSA captures every thing, including personal data. The second thing for German politics is that the German intelligence agency has been caught helping the NSA do this and were getting paid for it. Lastly, the NSA has offices and listening posts on German ground, using diplomatic immunity to keep themselves out of trouble for it. The Germans are rightfully pissed that their government helped a foreign government gather info on basically every German citizen and only getting angry when Angie got spied on. The thing that really makes you wonder is not why Germans got so angry at this, it's why Americans learned that their government taps everything and reacted with a general "oh... well whatever, lol if you think we have rights".

Side note: laughing at Germany aligning with Russia is a very American perspective. What's the difference between Russia and America right now? At least Russian corruption comes with cheap gas.

Die deutsche Meinungen sind zu mir sehr interessant. Mehr, bitte! Was denken Sie, dass Merkel über dies vor die Snowden-Dokumenten wisst? Ihre Wut klingt mir falsch. (Hat meine Frage sinn?)

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

theres a pretty strong current in american punditry that anyone without us citizenship isnt really entitled to any kind of privacy protections. and thats the liberal current, opposed to those who dont think even american citizens have strong privacy protections Because Terrorism / Trust The NSA, what do you have to hide??

then on top of that theres the poetic beauty of the anglo five eyes where uk/usa/australia/nz/canada can spy on eachothers citizens and share relevant intelligence, a circlejerk of dystopian statism in the framework of something that looks legal, somehow

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Notmypants posted:

The thing that really makes you wonder is not why Germans got so angry at this, it's why Americans learned that their government taps everything and reacted with a general "oh... well whatever, lol if you think we have rights".

that ship sailed a long time ago, 9/11 broke a lot of Americans and made them unable to think past "it catches terrorists therefore it's good!!!" for first the Patriot Act and then other poo poo until welp, NSA is literally building a computer complex to track everything anyone in the world does online and both our main parties want that power too bad to ever consider getting rid of it. why give a poo poo about privacy rights when there are already security cameras everywhere, CARNIVORE already sifting through emails anyway, and no checks on wiretapping as long as the government claims the mark is a terrorist first?

Notmypants posted:

Side note: laughing at Germany aligning with Russia is a very American perspective. What's the difference between Russia and America right now? At least Russian corruption comes with cheap gas.

well for starts the usa is only loving around with its military dollars because it's not at war right now, and it already has a bigger budget than like the next 5 biggest spenders on mil combined. you make it look like you want WWII part deux and the usa will do what it can to gently caress your country up even if it doesn't try its luck against Russia directly

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I asked SIRI if she was spying on me and she refused to answer

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i think the united states should cut its military by 80% and use its massive resources and wealth to improve the wellbeing of itself and entire world instead of cynically hanging onto the empire. stop all the spying and high level games. start building a bunch of nuke reactors and invest heavily in renewable energy, disavow the old paradigms of national rivalry and silly geopolitical brinkmanship. sincerely apologize to and make amends with everyone we have wronged. we can build a better world imo

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

THS posted:

i think the united states should cut its military by 80% and use its massive resources and wealth to improve the wellbeing of itself and entire world instead of cynically hanging onto the empire. stop all the spying and high level games. start building a bunch of nuke reactors and invest heavily in renewable energy, disavow the old paradigms of national rivalry and silly geopolitical brinkmanship. sincerely apologize to and make amends with everyone we have wronged. we can build a better world imo

hahahahahaha

this planet is inhabited by human beings if you haven't noticed

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I uncovered a corporate spy from France, no joke.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Mustang posted:

hahahahahaha

this planet is inhabited by human beings if you haven't noticed

if we dont change our ways eventually, we are dust

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

THS posted:

and maybe after those wishes are filled we can wish for a unicorn too

e: not that i'm disagreeing with you but you know, there are a lot of rich and a sizable number of poor fucks we'd have to put against the wall first

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

THS posted:

i also think we should disband nato and leave europe to hang, except for poland

• Locked thread