Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taye Diggs
Aug 12, 2013

Holla at yo boy
ALBATROSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
YOU ARE OUR ALBATROSS, DUSTKOCH

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I am pushing my penis into your anus, quickly, pulling out, then repeating.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
HARD
FUCKIN'
LEFT
TURN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Je1CEPkUM

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Mr Wentworth just told me come in here and say that there was trouble at the mill I DIDN'T EXPECT SOME KIND OF SPANISH INQUISITION !!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
size 9

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdPMSd7xA7U

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Monty Python owns but unfortunately people who like Monty Python do not own we are in fact insufferable faggots

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

NiceGuy posted:

Monty Python owns but unfortunately people who like Monty Python do not own we are in fact insufferable faggots

I should certainly well say so old fruit!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I think this thread subject is very woody

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's wee

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I have literally never seen this sketch. How have I managed to watch Monty Python reruns on television whenever they are on for my entire life and not seen this? It is even when John Cleese was still on the show.

WOW!!! MUST TELL MY PYTHON-FAN PARENTS AND WE CAN ALL--

NiceGuy posted:

Mostly true. I think as long as you remember that a lot of people only know Monty Python through "fat unfunny people quoting it verbatim" you can do all right for yourself. Just ... never, ever, ever sing a song. You can maybe get away with singing Spamalot with musical theater fans if you insist, but it is JUST NOT WORTH IT.

I am still convinced you could put together a montage of Monty Python scenes that could make even the most cynical rear end in a top hat laugh, though. The scenes would just change per the rear end in a top hat.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

NiceGuy posted:

so you're saying you like monty python & people who like monthy python are insufferable assholes?

hmm..

HMMM

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

NiceGuy posted:

Hahahaha THE LARCH *wheezes*

it's okay, us goons are proud insufferable faggots and so are you so lets quote monty python

I FART IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
we couldn't think of a way to end the sketch so here's a cop

repeat for 20 years

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
People who quote Monty Python endlessly are in fact terrible shitlords but I find the Documentary on Molluscs to be a legitimate satire of media sensationalization and it lasts like four minutes.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Network Pesci posted:

People who quote Monty Python endlessly are in fact terrible shitlords but I find the Documentary on Molluscs to be a legitimate satire of media sensationalization and it lasts like four minutes.

Humorless people that desperately try to fill the funny void by latching onto popular comedy in a pathetic attempt to be funny and likeable are in fact terrible shitloads? :monocle:

that could be anything from borat to south park to the office. I think MP is probably just the most annoying one since it's actually good but there's a lot of special context as to why it's funny and thus gets tainted

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

NiceGuy posted:

I say, we are grand, aren't we? 'Oh, oh, no more buttered scones for me, mater. I'm off to play the grand piano'. 

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Quarex posted:

I have literally never seen this sketch. How have I managed to watch Monty Python reruns on television whenever they are on for my entire life and not seen this? It is even when John Cleese was still on the show.

It was from this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python's_Fliegender_Zirkus

So it was made for West Germany and while I think it's pretty funny it's not something that would have translated very well back into English.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I want to be... a L U M B E R J A C K.

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
Cheddar?

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
*walks into d&d* i came in here for an argument!

Quint Gets Eaten
Apr 23, 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ8y29wOP7E

Michael Palin is my favorite Python

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

hemophilia posted:

It was from this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python's_Fliegender_Zirkus

So it was made for West Germany and while I think it's pretty funny it's not something that would have translated very well back into English.
Oh. Wow. I learned more from this thread than expected. I need to show these to my parents. Their minds will be blown. It will be the first time since the Internet Era that I will be able to impress someone!

That may have actually had more influence on how I think comedy should be constructed than any other singly identifiable item. My goal for years was to make a show consisting entirely of 10-second sketches ... if only I had founded Vine instead.

Welp, that oughta do it

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bring me a shrubbery

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

NiceGuy posted:

Just like Apple fans

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
shoes for industry

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
monty python's flyibg circus is good and funny, actually

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I do not like Montey Python and in fact most of it makes me cringe.

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014
Like National Lampoon had 2-3 good movies and that was it

Boner Medicine
Feb 1, 2014
I do appreciate the peasant political rant scene.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
look you stupid bastard you have no arms

yes i have!

look

...its just a flesh wound

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
im that guy who wouldnt stop quoting it in high school

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

When it cums to british humor, myself personally, I prefer black adder.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I do not like Montey Python and in fact most of it makes me cringe.

Well hello there every girl I've ever dated.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

When it cums to british humor, myself personally, I prefer black adder.

well personally speaking as the Conservative candidate i just drone on and on and on and on without letting anyone else get a word in edgeways until i start foaming at the mouth and fall over

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

There's a bomb in this thread, and I'll tell you where it is for a pound.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Big Beef City posted:

Well hello there every girl I've ever dated.

Probably because they've had fat sweaty neckbeards espouting lines from it their whole life trying to impress them

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
the housewives renacting some historic battle by swatting at each other with their purses and kicking at shins in the mud made me almost die laughing as a kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't met an obnoxious monty python fan are there really a ton of them out there? Is it because I didn't go to college?

• Locked thread