Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Xaris posted:

i don't have a big enough cock to compete with all the big black dickin' they get :(

i'll stick to SF where i have to compete with tiny asian dicks so my average white dick seems enormous

Look at this guy underestimating the level of racism present in Michigan...

Seriously though, the city has been actively changing recently, and it's very weird. All my life Detroit's been either this wasted urban sprawl, or else you're on Woodward Ave where all the fancy stuff is and the white folk feel comfortable visiting. Recently though, all these hipster art types have been moving in and acting like the city is some undiscovered gem instead of the moldy turd it has been for some time, putting on shows in derelict factories and acting like they're so hard because of it. That giant graffiti at the city entrance someone mentioned earlier itt I'm almost sure was the Russel Industrial Center which is considered one of the nicer art galleries in town. It all reeks of pitiful delusion that's going to come crashing down into reality one of these days.

(Total Michigoon honeypot thread here, btw)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The reason the film stuff got pulled was because the state government had no idea what it was getting into in the first place, and it all blew up in their faces. The idea behind film tax breaks was that the studios would come in on that, and spend all their money on michigan stuff. The reality is that Hollywood brings all their own stuff with them, including even the goddamn toilets. The only things they were spending money on were the property rights that they were getting the obscene deals on. So obscene that Michigan lost money everytime.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

etalian posted:

Exile all hipsters to Detroit, problem solved

Dude, I live an hour outside Detroit, and I have to spray regularly for them as it is! I'd frankly rather have the crime.

Robo Reagan posted:

michigan is pretty poo poo in general i've never heard anything positive about any of its cities and i assume that ~30 miles away from each city you get the typical rural hellhole that exists 30 miles outside of every city on earth

I'll have you know, it's five miles outside the cities, thank you very much. Also, Ann Arbor and Kalamazoo are alright. They seem to be morphing into some half-way point between each other in the last twenty years though. And Lansing pretty much resembles every other city in the country in its unremarkability.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Stoic Commie posted:

never found out who he was, probably a tourist

I was going to say they found out who he was a couple weeks ago, but that was a different guy encased in concrete...one who was in several pieces in an abandoned garage who was found because the exposed parts started stinking. The dude was from NC and had no connection to the people that owned the property but hightailed it out of there long past.

• Locked thread