Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Are you worried the inmates are going to act out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corvus corone
Oct 14, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

Are you homozygous or heterozygous? Either way, deplin (l-methylfolate) is bullshit because if there is either a role of depleted l-methylfolate or a role of elevated homocysteine in bipolar, it can be treated with folate/folic acid. All of deplin's trials have been against a null placebo instead of against folate because they'd never get clearance to release a drug (deplin is currently a "medical food" despite its loving outrageous pricetag) so similar in structure and effect to regular old folate. In a study of Tunisian pts with bipolar and c633t, all of them presented with hyperhomocystenuria. Theorized as a contributor to the illness, the investigator recommended treatment with folate. Why? Because even with a defective motherfucker gene, any reaction can be sped up with addition of reactants.

So if deplin was working for you, go bomb 7.5/15mg of some regular old folate and see if you can't get the same results. Take as much as you want/can afford, it's basically nontoxic and supplement it with B12.

i'm homozygous. honestly thank you for all that, i hadn't a clue. i didn't really notice much of a difference on deplin to be honest but it's a great relief that i'm not loving up my body more by not taking it.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Did you ever get your homocysteine/folate/b12 levels checked? That should be relatively cheap and if you have c633t, you should either have it done or have it approved to be done right off the bat.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Fruity Gordo posted:

My doc says that it loses some effectiveness and puts you at higher risk of Stevens-Johnson syndrome and I have made the executive decision of not testing that theory. Also the risk of seizures if you don't wean off cos it's an anticonvulsant

holy butts that sucks. i never imagined psych drugs could do that.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
aw man, friend died and i'm already going through a depressive episode. i really don't want to tailspin

also whatup fello manic depressive goons.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

God drat this thread is depressing.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
its my kink so each to their own

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

God drat this thread is Manic-Depressing.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Rickycat posted:

aw man, friend died and i'm already going through a depressive episode. i really don't want to tailspin

also whatup fello manic depressive goons.

Yo u got your support system in place right? You're seeing people and taking your meds?

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I've thought things were really bad in my life but I've never had to deal with withdrawal except for pain pills. I'm glad I avoided any kind of psyche meds. I guess I don't ever feel manic but sometimes I'm able to convince myself of something before I go back gone and spend the rest of the night crying. I haven't seen anybody in months and can't even look the gas station attendants in the face anymore. I don't think I could deal with artificial happiness though. Might as well drink at that point. At least it's honest. I'm at a point where I know there's not a way out the other side, and to be honest nothing's ever been worth it. I've never been happy or had fun, nobody's ever wanted me-every girlfriend I've ever had just leaves and pretends they're doing me a favor. It's just not worth it anymore.

All I've thought about for a long time now is how I need to take the only peace I'll ever be able to have. Nobody understands though, and everyone tries to talk you out of it or tell you what you want. But what I want is to maybe have one little bit of agency in my life for once, because I can't have anything else. My degrees are a loving waste and I'd hang myself before doing those jobs, I've given up on ever having a dream or interest or hobby. I could have lived through all that if I could have been loved, but even that was too much.

I'm okay with dying, but the idea of just "not being" is hard to wrap your head around. Pills hurt so, so bad, and you can't REALLY cut anything enough to bleed out. I think my only option is a gun now, but I'm afraid it will feel like my head exploding. If I'm dead before there's any signals then that would be good. It would be nice if you could just flick a switch to die, because then you couldn't unswitch it and there'd be no chance of a mess up

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

source yr quotes

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009

ForeverSmug posted:

I've thought things were really bad in my life but I've never had to deal with withdrawal except for pain pills. I'm glad I avoided any kind of psyche meds. I guess I don't ever feel manic but sometimes I'm able to convince myself of something before I go back gone and spend the rest of the night crying. I haven't seen anybody in months and can't even look the gas station attendants in the face anymore. I don't think I could deal with artificial happiness though. Might as well drink at that point. At least it's honest. I'm at a point where I know there's not a way out the other side, and to be honest nothing's ever been worth it. I've never been happy or had fun, nobody's ever wanted me-every girlfriend I've ever had just leaves and pretends they're doing me a favor. It's just not worth it anymore.

All I've thought about for a long time now is how I need to take the only peace I'll ever be able to have. Nobody understands though, and everyone tries to talk you out of it or tell you what you want. But what I want is to maybe have one little bit of agency in my life for once, because I can't have anything else. My degrees are a loving waste and I'd hang myself before doing those jobs, I've given up on ever having a dream or interest or hobby. I could have lived through all that if I could have been loved, but even that was too much.

I'm okay with dying, but the idea of just "not being" is hard to wrap your head around. Pills hurt so, so bad, and you can't REALLY cut anything enough to bleed out. I think my only option is a gun now, but I'm afraid it will feel like my head exploding. If I'm dead before there's any signals then that would be good. It would be nice if you could just flick a switch to die, because then you couldn't unswitch it and there'd be no chance of a mess up

http://imgur.com/a/S3k3C

check this out first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

dont kill yourself its rude to the person who has to clean your poo poo up.

be convenient and die slowly like everyone else, sheesh

• Locked thread