Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

we should probably just encourage familicide in the mentally ill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Crimson Harvest posted:

I've lost every job I've had because of a combination of BPD + Major depression + psychosis

Thanks for paying your social security, everyone, it keeps me alive.

ditto

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Bipolar Crew ??? :)

I'd be interested, not for e/n bullshit but for crazy manic high posts or low 'meh' posts. On a high I'm up til 8am normally anyway so it'd be an alternate Nite Crew to some.

Anyway just a suggestion. (Lamictal, Sulpride & Buspirone + lots of weed is my meds)

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
As bipolar I've found it difficult to keep long lasting relationships ... until last year when I met my Mrs who puts up with my poo poo because ..........

She's bipolar lol

We both freak out on a regular basis, and the one who isn't freaking out has to accept the behaviour, because they'll sure as poo poo be doing something equally silly tomorrow :) :(

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

jarvis cocker posted:

you probably aren't bipolar you are probably just naturally a bad person who spent too much time on google trying to figure out why you are so broken

That's POCD

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Personal OCD - internalised OCD not externalised (counting, tidying, hygiene)

It's a twat

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

roger wilco posted:

I'm bipolar. My life was a lot different before I started taking meds for it. Now I've been on the meds for about a year and while I don't freak out anymore I don't really laugh or get happy about anything. I just sort of plod along. I don't really find enjoyment in anything and the meds even gently caress with my sex drive so I don't really want to do that either. I just sort of... plod along. It's really sad actually and I sometimes think about taking myself off the meds and going raw dog again because sure I was crazy but I was living, you know? I just sort of feel like I'm going through the motions now.

Things I don't do anymore because of the meds:

-- sexhaving
-- video games
-- hobbies of any sort
-- true troubleshooting ability at my job.

Things I do a lot of now with the meds:

-- not freak out
-- sleep
-- not think about killing myself
-- watch TV

I don't know whether or not I'm getting a good deal. I really miss having a sex drive and playing video games. And I miss doing stuff with my kids. Now I just want to sit and be a husk all the time.

I'm on Lamictal and on a medium dose (150mg/day) it doesn't kill the two poles, just makes them less extreme. I still have manic streaks when I hammer an obsession or two, then low periods where I'm not depressed, just lack energy and want to sleep lots. So long as you can get poo poo done while manic-ish, then you can gloat about it on your couch when the rollercoaster's over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Tsinava posted:

as a bipolar person, weed really really helps.

weed made me hypomanic initially but i smoked so much of it, over a period of like 6 months it stopped having that effect on me and i could just relax

so uh, if you smoke weed and it makes you crazy, i guess keep smoking it until it doesn't make you crazy any more.

amen to that!

• Locked thread