Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Eeeeugh, this show is brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Really, if the enemy has orbital control and space travel and you don't you're screwed regardless of their super robot fighting power. Even if you beat them on the ground they can just sit back and throw rocks at you. The governments and militaries of the world are seriously delusional, but I guess that's believable.

Anyway, I think the trick to beating this guy is going to be setting a trap under it. Obviously the disintegration field can't cover the soles of its feet. Might even be enough to just tip him over and watch him fall into the Earth's crust.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Coldbird posted:

I hope there's more of an explanation as to why the Vers wouldn't just mass-produce the living poo poo out of those and the laser-head models (or combine them?) though.
It looks like they're a pretty primitive feudal society and the nobility regard the invasion as a hunting competition between their custom super robots. They probably avoid sharing technology with each other if at all possible. Blowing up communications networks was the only smart thing they've done so far.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

DiabloCthulhu posted:

1980: immigration starts and 340,000 settlers are sent to Mars.
Well, okay Urobuchi. I'll just try not to think about it too hard.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I guess it does explain why the Earth authorities thought they could beat the Vers. They still outnumber them by like 3000 to 1, and all evidence of the Vers' super fighting robots was covered up by some unknown entity.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The rest of that would have been easy to guess if the barrier actually looked like it blocked visible light. Not having it do that was cheating to make the drone thing impossible to figure out for the audience. :colbert:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It's a pretty good robot show. It felt like they were making the regular soldiers a little too stupid compared to the high-schoolers that time, but it wasn't too bad.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
My favorite thing about lightsaber guy is that apparently his armor was good enough he didn't even really need to use the swords to stop bullets, he just really liked pretending to be a jedi. Also the catchphrase-shouting when he drew a second sword. Whoever said he was basically Gym Gingham was right.

I'm down for a whole show of this.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I refuse to believe that holding the sword still was blocking all possible solid shots from multiple robots with automatic weapons. My explanation is far more reasonable. :colbert:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah that was certainly a lot of contrivance to dump on the audience in the space of a few lines.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I can't decide whether I want Inaho to get in the super robot and kick rear end or insist on continuing to use the trainer to kick rear end.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Mikl posted:

"I did not neglect to tell you. I deliberately didn't. :geno:"
This show wouldn't be half as entertaining without Inaho.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
RIP nameless pilot. He learned too late that the only thing that really helps you avoid AAA is narrative weight.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

Yea. "I'm not scared I'm not scared I'm not scared"
It was pretty impressive driving for a 12 year old. You're alright in my book, Eldorito.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Sep 14, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That was a great ending and I'm okay with pretty much any character or combination of characters surviving and becoming the protagonists of S2.

And Saazbaum's robot having all the gimmicks was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

darkgray posted:

Someone suggested that s2 will be the next loop, Edge of Tomorrow style, which seems to explain everything.
This is only acceptable if it's Slaine going back in time and loving things up even worse.

• Locked thread