Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Great thread title, fantastic first episode. That bridge scene was loving brutal, holy gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Episode 2 solidified this show for me, definitely interested in seeing Martians obliterate everything around our stoic protagonist.

Wonder if we'll get to see humans use chemical or biological weapons to counterattack. Or maybe we'll get the ID4 response of computer virus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6y8fc3n-mI

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
That's a drat shame because I really like where this show is going. The animation is really great as well, looking forward to meteor barrage on the city soon.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mikl posted:

I just realized why I like the martians so much. For those who have watched Turn A Gundam, they're a race made up entirely of Gym Ginghams (with a couple exceptions). And it's great.

:allears:

Episode 4 continues with pretty solid stuff. This seems to be one of the better Mecha shows that I've seen, and I can't help but echo how satisfying it is to see protagonists resolve an issue with something other than whipping out a special finisher from their OP as gently caress specialized Gundam.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Silvain posted:

You can't really show a body that's been burnt to nothing by a massive plasma anime sword or whatever so he's assuredly dead.

:colbert: I still think there's ambiguity, though if he is dead that is an ice cold death right in the middle of calling for his Gundam.

e: Thrown in spoilers as it relates to the event discussed in this episode.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Welp he's probably dead. :saddowns:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think this show has broken more core mecha show concepts than any other I've seen, and it's done it in a fantastic way. :allears:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

I'm not sure what I just watched, but I like it. :golfclap:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Episode 11: Well that plan went to poo poo quickly, so much for having a sweet hijacked spaceship. Maybe they'll upgrade to a sweet hijacked castle now? Also Slaine cannot catch a loving break in the history of ever, he must've pissed off some martian gods or something.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

korrandark posted:

She'll die in his arms.:negative:

Given the current positions of characters if this were a Gundam series I'd bank on Slaine falling for Rayet or vice versa.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
gently caress you Slaine I don't feel sorry for you anymore you prick. I hope misfortune befalls you forever. :rant:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pyronic posted:

Calling it now: Season 2 TIMESKIP: Slaine's lost his poo poo, got the princess, "protecting her" but she's been in a coma or something, and he's got the machine he used at the end of this episode, hiding her from the other Knights, but fighting against Terrans possibly hiding his identity, basically being a huge rear end in a top hat Char.

Inaho's still alive, but while getting treatment they find some evidence of him being able to power Aldnoah drives, from when he resuscitated Asseylum. This clues them in that she's still alive, the Terran forces make an Aldnoah powered Kataphrakt for Inaho, and the Deucalion crew are tasked with finding her to end the war.

PS Inaho's got a sweet Solid Snake eyepatch now.

If they go that angle I hope instead that the Princess is dead but Slaine has totally gone mental and so he just has her dead body seatbelted into his stolen Gundam and he talks to her and poo poo. The war continues as normal except he just stumbles around into battlefields mumbling about protecting his Queen and obliterating everything around him like a natural disaster. :magical:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm torn: on one hand, Slaine is still immensely easy to hate because he's a terrible individual. On the other hand, he displayed some sort of competence, which doesn't fit him at all. Maybe his mech is the worlds biggest crutch or something.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
I gotta admit...

Mo_Steel posted:

I'm torn: on one hand, Slaine is still immensely easy to hate because he's a terrible individual. On the other hand, he displayed some sort of competence, which doesn't fit him at all. Maybe his mech is the worlds biggest crutch or something.

This show played me like a goddamn fiddle. You done good Slaine.... you done good. :unsmith:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Aldnoah Zero: The best laid plans of Slaine Troyard suck

I like Count Mazuurek a lot, of the Martian leaders he seems like the only one with any sense of compassion for others while still being pretty quick witted when it's needed.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
In a world of terrible weapons, that new one is pretty terrible. "Look at me, I have razor yo-yos!" :downs:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cake Attack posted:

autist fights super robots in a generic mech was fun for a while in season 1 and slaine playing the game of space thrones was fun for a while in season 2 but overall it was a whole lot of nothing

Pretty much this. I still don't really understand Slaine's motivations at all, the decisions he made are all nonsensical as gently caress. When Inaho and the humans were underdogs you had something to root for, and it was interesting to see how he would cobble a way out of the situation. With Eyenaho all the tension evaporated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

Stop now and just think up a good ending for yourself.

• Locked thread