Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Srice posted:

Actually that part was hilarious as hell!

Dude loves the hell out of his infodumping, which really turns me off most of his shows. It really shows his visual novel roots and dang, that just makes things really tough to sit through.

It's mostly a first-episode problem. Fate/Zero and Psycho-Pass both had infodumpy first episodes that made a bad first impression, but got better fairly quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
The AnimeSuki post linked above suggests that the mystery of Prof. Regalia completely changing 340,000 people's outlooks overnight is a plot point. The logistics of getting 340,000 people up there in the first place in 1980 is probably not a plot point, but I'm willing to roll with it.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
This episode addressed two of my three biggest issues with the series so far (the interchangeable villains and the main character's lack of emotion), and might be setting up a resolution to the third (the ludicrous timeline).

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Desuwa posted:

The only thing especially retarded this week was Inaho handing the gun back to Rayet.

I think the gun was already empty at that point.

Desuwa posted:

Also this episode sold me on the whole Vers founding timeline and circumstances.

I agree. I get the impression that the Vers Empire is essentially a fascist state; the feudalism stuff is mostly an affectation.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

CCheshire posted:

Surprising turn of events ...

Seylum died. RIP.

Since all the Martian's tech is shut off we can't honestly tell if she is in some coma or just dead. Although, it's possible for her to be revived 2x being special royalty and all.

Inaho is critically wounded (?).

I, too, hope he gets a awesome eyepatch if he returns for S2. They didn't report his body at the scene so you know he could be alive ... somehow. Anime.

Finally, Slaine realizes he's the missing half-brother who is connected to the Vers empire because he can activate the robots on his own (?). He spends the next season trying to find the secret of his heritage in SPACE!

Oh and I think a time skip would be suitable somewhere too.

Seriously, at the end why did Slaine kill Inaho just because he didn't want any witnesses? He went insane with grief?

Slaine shot Inaho because Inaho was about to shoot him.

Of course, Inaho wouldn't have been about to shoot him if Slaine hadn't tried to stop Inaho from touching the princess. Slaine couldn't accept that she might love Inaho more than him.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

That's not really spoilers. The quote at the very end made it pretty clear she wasn't dead, which most likely means she is still relevant and important

No, it just means they didn't find her body. I think Slaine completely lost his mind and started talking to her taxidermied body like it was still alive.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I liked season 2 better than most posters here, but I'm bothered by the lack of backstory for Inaho and the lack of development for many of the secondary characters.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Has anything Urobuchi been involved with actually been any good? Between Madoka, Gargantia, and now A/Z I'm tempted to actively avoid anything the man's name is attached to in the future, even if he isn't a main writer on the project like with this and Gargantia.

You've got it backwards. Most things written primarily by him are good, but other things with his name attached tend to be bad.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Eej posted:

I'm honestly not sure how to approach this question because I don't know what level of trolling you are currently engaged at.

Raenir can be a bit dense (although he's improved over the years), but he never trolls.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Urobuchi does at least sometimes depict horrifying violence towards males as well (Zouken shoving the worm down Kariya's throat, Gilles and Ryunosuke enthusiastically killing young boys, the flesh of male "latent criminals" swelling and exploding). I do agree that the targets of shocking violence in his works are more often women, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Urobuchi I do not believe has any particular affinity for showcasing sexual violence towards women, his "Butcher" M.O is taking what the most horrible fate you can imagine for a character male or female and then following through but this isn't as often sexual violence as you think.

Eej did say "sexualized violence" rather than "sexual violence." He's objecting to portrayals of strangulation, for example.

• Locked thread