Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Lord Koth posted:

Realistically, all life on the planet should be dead, given the force needed to do all that. Even discounting that, New Orleans shouldn't even have still been around to get landed on. Given how close it is to those impact craters, and the fact that it's BELOW SEA LEVEL, it should have simply been drowned under a huge amount of water 15 years previous.

Wouldn't all the massive craters around the world lower the sea level, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

So I guess this show is gonna be pretty awesome. That vocal song they played was great, too. Couldn't care less that it's sorta Code Geass Redux, because they're doing it really drat well.

Twiddy posted:

Hell, how long does it take to form a cult that believes they're chosen ones etc etc, and they don't even have fancy gadgets.

Yeah, if you think of the Vers Empire as a cult, rather than as a more natural culture, it's not really a stretch. Imagine how far L. Ron Hubbard would have gone if he actually had magitech to back up his claims! I agree that it makes the Vers citizens come off as silly idiots, but hey it's not like silly idiots don't exist.

It would have been better if they were more credible people that came from a lost empire or something, but we'll see how they explain it. Pretty believable to me that a cult could form in a few decades of isolation in such an extreme situation. Eej makes some good points, too.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Are they using the fact that the main characters' mechs are training/prototype suits as an excuse to have them painted up in garish, super-robot-esque colors in this show? 'Cause that's kinda funny.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Was that the first time we've seen Inaho smile? I wonder what it was about specific situation that made him happy?

BabelFish posted:

As far as this episode: There's something fishy about the emperor's last declaration of war, almost like it wasn't him on the throne.

It was weird that when he first showed up on the throne, he had a beard, then when he was in bed he didn't have a beard, then when they showed him on a throne the beard appeared again. Could definitely be some kind of illusion or something. Wouldn't be surprised if he's just bedridden. (typical "bedridden noble being led astray by evil advisors" trope)

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Saazbaum was seriously awesome. I definitely also expected that Cruhteo would be the good guy and Saazbaum would be evil, purely because Cruhteo was on the side of the princess and Saazbaum was against her, but they went another direction and they did it beautifully.

The scene of Saazbaum and Slaine eating a royalty-level deluxe gourmet meal... consisting of ultra-processed, barely recognizable astronaut food was hilarious and really drove home what the standard of living is like for Martians, at least in certain areas.

• Locked thread