Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sindai posted:

Really, if the enemy has orbital control and space travel and you don't you're screwed regardless of their super robot fighting power. Even if you beat them on the ground they can just sit back and throw rocks at you. The governments and militaries of the world are seriously delusional, but I guess that's believable.

Anyway, I think the trick to beating this guy is going to be setting a trap under it. Obviously the disintegration field can't cover the soles of its feet. Might even be enough to just tip him over and watch him fall into the Earth's crust.

The protagonist may use mines to make this rear end in a top hat fall into the earth; I thought it was also pretty neat how he used the enemy's ability to dissolve most of his sister's mech as to decrease mass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Yeah, I'm glad they pushed ahead with that plotline early.

Now, though, I'm just curious how the hell these kids are going to handle Smugnose McWarcrimes over here.

Read the earlier posts on this page.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

GoldenNugget posted:

episode 2:
So it's one of those shows where people can die at any moment. I was almost sure the main character's sister was about to kick the bucket. Anyway, why did the main character say to slow down? Did he notice that when the bot was walking through matter it slowed down and used that as an advantage?

Yep.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

ViggyNash posted:

From what I understand, there is another planet Vers that found Mars before humans moved there so the humans there are now part of the Vers empire. I think. Its bot all that clear at the moment.

From the official timeline it's pretty clear that there is no other planet and the empire was founded by the ridiculously charismatic Prof. Ray Regalia (love the last name) on Mars; it's most likely his unbelievable rise to power has something to do with Aldnoah or some other anime hand wave magic.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dr_Amazing posted:

So any space rear end in a top hat older than 35 was born on earth and there's no one more than 2 generations removed? And they're talking like they've become their own species with special racial slurs and everything.

Aldnoah.Zero: High Speed Gundam Space Racism. Hopefully, there's a logical explanation at the end.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
One possible explanation for the rather swift change from Terran to space-sneering Martian comes from a Ray Bradbury short story, Dark They Were, and Golden-Eyed where settlers from the US who live near ancient Martian cities, are gradually transformed into Martians themselves. Possibly, not only does the Prof. discover the ancient technology of Aldnoah but also the rest of the settlers' mental states are rapidly changed.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Fairly different method of ending than what I had expected from the previous discussion but that nice introductory arc is over and guess we'll have to see how the show proceeds from here without Urobuchi.I am glad that Slaine was the one to finish off the rear end in a top hat but they still have the orbital bombardment coming up to worry about.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cake Attack posted:

Heads up, there's a scene after the credits and you should probably watch it.

e: Is this a two cour show, or just the one?

Just one.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
The infodump on the official site actually have the biggest plot hole given that it was Apollo 17 which discovered the hypergate, why would the US want to give up such a large advantage in technology not only to the rest of the world but also to the USSR? They would have just kept it for themselves since no one else could get to the moon in the first place.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

paragon1 posted:

Because then the anime would turn into Battlezone.

It's actually a little like Battlezone with the alien gate technology and space wars~ but the point remains there are always going to be giant plot holes everywhere even though the anime tries to be cute with its use of anime physics.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Eej posted:

Also something to consider is that the previous war with the Vers was so devastating that they basically have no intel on their capabilities aside from Marito who I think they're implying was the only one to successfully retreat from combat with them. So basically they're all comically inept because they have no idea what they're fighting against but I could be wrong.

Yeah, you're right on point; I forgot where Marito mentions the battle of Tanegashima, which was the only land battle to occur between VERS and the UFE but, he was one of the few survivors and saw how powerful they actually were. The main battle occurred at the Hyper gate, which disappeared so there were very few people who knew what VERS could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Good points - the show certainly doesn't miss its beat; the protagonists arrive at HQ and the good Count is all ready to take it down. Bad point - Inaho gains more Gary Stu rank with Krav Maga disarming skills!

• Locked thread