Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I was hit with an existential attack driving somewhere for work earlier today. It really got to me for a second but like a self defense mechanism kicked in and made me forget about it.

probably fuckin obama lol rite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

1gnoirents posted:

I was hit with an existential attack driving somewhere for work earlier today. It really got to me for a second but like a self defense mechanism kicked in and made me forget about it.

You're okay buddy, don't worry about it.

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.
we are all just dust in the wind

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

1gnoirents posted:

you're dumb

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
i hope that helps

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Kayle7 posted:

we are all just dust in the wind

what is wind even, wind is a microscopic oddity in and of itself!!

more like we are dust in the void that is space!

but will space end? wtf? thats almost more sad to me than dying

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as walls keep shifting
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.
space is the final frontier

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
aren't you ignorants or whatever that name was

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
utterly inconsequential

Hope you feel better about yourself

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.
a failure

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

1gnoirents posted:

what is wind even, wind is a microscopic oddity in and of itself!!

more like we are dust in the void that is space!

but will space end? wtf? thats almost more sad to me than dying

1)the moving of molecules from a place of high atmospheric pressure to a place of low atmospheric pressure due to attraction between the molecules

2) the void of space has no wind moran

3)yes, the univers is slated to die in some sort of heat death where all energy becaomes destabilized, but then its supposed to kind of kick start itself into another big bang don't you watch futurama?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
EVERYTHING exists, as a concept, which is SOMETHING

Therefore SOMETHING exists.

And NOTHING exists, as a concept, which is also SOMETHING...

THEREFORE ... if only ONE THING EXISTS, which is EVERYTHING and SOMETHING, which is a CONCEPT ...

then this must be it

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Claven666 posted:

1)the moving of molecules from a place of high atmospheric pressure to a place of low atmospheric pressure due to attraction between the molecules

2) the void of space has no wind moran

3)yes, the univers is slated to die in some sort of heat death where all energy becaomes destabilized, but then its supposed to kind of kick start itself into another big bang don't you watch futurama?

1) yes, its a miniscule side effect

2) it does

3) we are as sure about that as we were that the universe expansion couldn't possibly be accelerating no more than 5 years ago. "Duh - oh nm then"

Waltzing Along posted:

aren't you ignorants or whatever that name was

IGNOARINTS

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

SirEvelynTremble posted:

EVERYTHING exists, as a concept, which is SOMETHING

Therefore SOMETHING exists.

And NOTHING exists, as a concept, which is also SOMETHING...

THEREFORE ... if only ONE THING EXISTS, which is EVERYTHING and SOMETHING, which is a CONCEPT ...

then this must be it

i think you should see a doctor if you think that, just saying. i know SA drives people to kill theyre familey but you need ehlp

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice
You are the awareness that notices your thoughts and all sensations. You are always in the present moment. The observer of all things

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
my body isa prison

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
You're a real piece of work op

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Take some ketamine and experience really not knowing who you are.

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!
you are every moment a mask defined by your social and economic conditions, navigating the world in pure survival mode and perpetuating the conditions that create your masks. you most likely have formed ideological or philosophical justifications and value systems that reinforce these masks as your "identity," any deviation from norm classified as psychiatric disorder or mental aberration, and the gaping void of existential despair that rebels against the conditions that force you to act out your expected role in the world is your true self, flailing blindly and grasping at air for meaning in a meaningless world

in short, you're gay op

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008

Kazvall posted:

Take some ketamine and experience really not knowing who you are.

that is probably not a good idea ketamine has 2 chiral sites which means you can have 4 different diasteriomers. Not a good drug nor are any drugs dont go to TCC kids best wishes. if you think you're supply is quality lol who the gently caress makes this (no one) good luck with your drug addiction.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

My apologies I thought op was a horse.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
who am i is one of my favorite jackie chan films. it has a bad rear end car chase with a lancer evo iv. hope this helps you on your journey.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kayle7 posted:

space is the final frontier

Boomhauer - Dust in the Wind (Ft. Hank Hill): http://youtu.be/XoTiHLqhXGk

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fuq quoted the wrong dude

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
you're a batty bwoy op

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

stuntwaffle posted:

you are every moment a mask defined by your social and economic conditions, navigating the world in pure survival mode and perpetuating the conditions that create your masks. you most likely have formed ideological or philosophical justifications and value systems that reinforce these masks as your "identity," any deviation from norm classified as psychiatric disorder or mental aberration, and the gaping void of existential despair that rebels against the conditions that force you to act out your expected role in the world is your true self, flailing blindly and grasping at air for meaning in a meaningless world

in short, you're gay op

no no, it was well beyond this bs , im pretty well adjusted in these respects

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You're a set of stories you tell yourself, and habits revolving around these stories.

We all are.

We're fiction.

There's no "real" you - just the stories.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

We're all just chemicals man. There's no point. What you think is "you" is just the specific way the chemicals work in your brain.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I mean physically, literally, who am I. I was seeing the road while driving a car. A road? Car? It's incredible to be thinking these things at all based on what we truly are, but it also makes me wonder if we're all incredibly unintelligent too. I mean how would we know. An ant doesn't have the capacity to understand the world as a human can see it. The universe is so ridiculously huge and complex (to us) that it is likely we're just inherently incapable of understanding it

we need to design a computer to comprehend everything that cant go wrong

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice

1gnoirents posted:

I mean physically, literally, who am I. I was seeing the road while driving a car. A road? Car? It's incredible to be thinking these things at all based on what we truly are, but it also makes me wonder if we're all incredibly unintelligent too. I mean how would we know. An ant doesn't have the capacity to understand the world as a human can see it. The universe is so ridiculously huge and complex (to us) that it is likely we're just inherently incapable of understanding it

We are all made of stardust so there is no difference between you and what you see. Different expressions of the same underlying spinning/vibrating subatomic stuff. So eat a sammich and enjoy the ride

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Lain is Lain right?

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
we need to design a computer capable of making my step dad stop freaking out about the new season of Korra on tumblr

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

1gnoirents posted:

You're literally atoms that were either forged in a star or a star's death or at the very beginning of the universe.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

We are all made of stars.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Buddha. posted:

We are all made of stardust so there is no difference between you and what you see. Different expressions of the same underlying spinning/vibrating subatomic stuff. So eat a sammich and enjoy the ride

i like to think eventually the atoms I used throughout my life will be engulfed by our dying sun and turned into light energy and zoom off I go through the universe

gently caress you nasa i win

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
nobody is anybody OP.

hoep that helps

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as walls keep shifting
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.
What waits for you?

Nothing.

Absolute nothing. Not even darkness. The absence of darkness. The absence of everything.

You realize in a place that you never really knew you had inside of you, that you've known the nothingness was always there. Waiting. Lurking behind the scenes. Behind every turn never taken, behind every unopened door. It's been there. And it's hungry.

The worst, most horrifying realization is that now that you've seen it, you'll always know it's there. That it's waiting for you.

It calls to you, and you want to go.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Kayle7 posted:

What waits for you?

Nothing.

Absolute nothing. Not even darkness. The absence of darkness. The absence of everything.

You realize in a place that you never really knew you had inside of you, that you've known the nothingness was always there. Waiting. Lurking behind the scenes. Behind every turn never taken, behind every unopened door. It's been there. And it's hungry.

The worst, most horrifying realization is that now that you've seen it, you'll always know it's there. That it's waiting for you.

It calls to you, and you want to go.

this kind of sounds like something someone made up instead of the truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I am erect.

EDIT: Nevermind

• Locked thread