Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Some rear end in a top hat splashed his honda all over the nose of my '08 1500. He hit me doing 60 easy, popped his airbag, knocked himself the gently caress out. I noticed a bump. Pulled over, called 911, yadda yadda. Turns out he loving totalled my truck. Buckled enough frame members that the bodyshop guy called me personally instead of letting allstate break the news. He said, "you do not want this back. I've tried to fix cars in this shape for personal use - and it will never go together right again." Almost funny, because I drove it to the shop and it seemed pretty ok handling-wise.

*Good night sweet princess*

So anyway, I have to buy a new fuckin truck. I had a nice 08 bighorn, six foot bed. I didn't like the 20" tires but that's what the dealer had in stock I got a good deal. (Still pissed about those tires. The stock goodyears they came with were crap and started scalloping after not too many years. I just put $1000 worth of coopers on the somebitch last year. Allstate said I can keep 'em but it doesn't even seem worth the effort because I can't find worthless 20's to replace them with and they won't take it sans tires.)

The '13 and '14 got truck of the year back to back. So I'm happy there. I did go to carmax and drive a tundra just to check. It was really bouncy but other than that it was ok I guess.

Been to the dodge dealer a coupla times. No turbodiesels in stock. I want to drive one before I for sure take the hemi again. I liked the old hemi and the new one with the 8-speed is even more powerful and slightly smoother. ...BUT according to this the turbodiesel actually puts out a few more horses than the old Cummins 5.9L - so it's not a wimp. But the upgraded motor and 8-speed - well it's drat fast.

The trim packages are kind of a nightmare. According to all the websites, I could get a crew cab with the 6'4" bed - but it doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere. They're all quad-cab/6'4" or Crew cab/5'7". It's not the end of the world to lose nine inches of bed, I guess, but I do actually use the bed for firewood and mulch and whatnot, so that's more trips. I want the crew cab because my four- and six-year-old boys will be big stinky teenagers before this truck dies (I hope!) and I think they will need the space. The quad is tight now, with the carseats and such. I like the bench seat in the front. Ram's full-size center consoles have never been great. I didn't love the one in my '08 either. The knob-dial gear selector is weird but not unusable. It looks like the running board is something I should just order from Amazon and bolt it on myself for $180.

Anyway, that's about where I am. I've done a good bit of research. I just wanted to reach out for any info anyone here has on rams in general - pitfalls, advice, stories of your own, improper touching, emotional or physical abuse. All is welcome. Thanks!

pr0k fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I'm kind of going through the same thing. I want a 2wd 3500 megacab dually with the aisin transmission and the ram builder site says no problem. But the dealer can't order it with their dealer net. They have been working with corporate to figure out wtf the problem is. But not much progress has been made.

I do know that 2015 orders are now opened up and production starts august 25th. I think I read that there will be a refresh for the 1500 for 2015 so I'm not sure if you can wait. But I. Sure they will be discounting the 2014's soon if you don't have to have the 2015.

Holdbrooks fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 7, 2014

Used Sunlight sales
Jun 5, 2006

Warfighter Approved
I have an 09 Dodge 2500 with the CTD as my daily work truck. My 'nice' truck is a 2011 Laramie Longhorn 2500 HD with the CTD. Both are four door, short bed trucks, however the newer one has a whole bunch more leg room than my 09 does. I dare say that the 11 and up crew cabs are about the same size as the earlier megacabs.

Dodge seems to design trucks for working guys. Guys with large hands and big fingers. Guys who need big knobs and buttons, I appreciate that.
You're probably looking for a truck with the Big Horn Package (there are some other regional ones, but similar features.)

I don't know where you are, but https://www.loppmotors.net is where I have bought my last two trucks. Top notch guys, they'll do anything to help a customer out. It's not uncommon to see Jeff Sr in the back washing someone's windshield. Once they misdiagnosed a problem with my 09. It had to sit in the shop for a couple days. They gave me a good enough truck as a loaner that I was a little sad when the dealer's son and co-owner personally drove my truck back to me and I had to give up the Laramie they loaned me.

Good guys, I know the sales manager well, he's told me that they ship cars and trucks all over the US. What's it going to hurt to give them a call?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The half ton diesel is slow as balls, like 10 seconds to 60 slow as balls. If being able to embarass the odd "sports car" driver from a light was something you enjoyed about the hemi, it's gone with the diesel.

If both gasoline and diesel are $4 per gallon, will take 90,000 miles to pay for the option. With the current $3.60 gas to $4.00 diesel gap, it would take 120,000 miles. It's also "so hot" right now, so you won't catch a break on one.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Powershift posted:

The half ton diesel is slow as balls, like 10 seconds to 60 slow as balls. If being able to embarass the odd "sports car" driver from a light was something you enjoyed about the hemi, it's gone with the diesel.

If both gasoline and diesel are $4 per gallon, will take 90,000 miles to pay for the option. With the current $3.60 gas to $4.00 diesel gap, it would take 120,000 miles. It's also "so hot" right now, so you won't catch a break on one.

Oh the times we live in, where 10 seconds to 60 is considered slow. Especially in a full size truck.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

Oh the times we live in, where 10 seconds to 60 is considered slow. Especially in a full size truck.

It's wonderful, isn't it?

Everything's relative, but the hemi ram, 6.2 chevy, and ecoboost f-150 can all do it in about 6 seconds flat. It's not a race car, and the world isn't a race track, but you can really feel the difference between a 6 second truck and a 10 second truck every time you touch the go pedal.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
I've driven an '08 with a 5.7 hemi for the last six years, and yeah, it's fuckin zippy. The new 5.7s with the 8-speed are even faster. I always thought a six would be underpowered for the weight; it's just that one review I linked earlier that said it had more hp than the first gen of cummins that made me think it might not be.

And yeah, on the price difference between diesel and gas - I was wondering tonight if the comparisons I was looking at included the price difference in the "savings." It seems like a wash at best without doing the math.

I went over the poo poo I'd seen today (went at lunch today, gave wife a ride in one, got stickers for two more, one Express CC one Bighorn.) My biggest question is does anyone here have an Express with the basics but CC with a 6'4" bed. The websites let me build one. This dealer doesn't have one. Cars.com doesn't let me specify that and their listings don't say.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Powershift posted:

It's wonderful, isn't it?

Everything's relative, but the hemi ram, 6.2 chevy, and ecoboost f-150 can all do it in about 6 seconds flat. It's not a race car, and the world isn't a race track, but you can really feel the difference between a 6 second truck and a 10 second truck every time you touch the go pedal.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you. More laughing at the fact that this is what we've come to.

Also, prok, does it HAVE to be a Ram? Because honestly I trust that 8 speed about as far as I could throw it. Plus an ecoboost F150 is just as quick, plus probably a better vehicle in drat near literally every way.

Because gently caress a Chrysler anything at this point.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

iwentdoodie posted:

I trust that 8 speed about as far as I could throw it

I see someone has owned a Mopar made after the TF727 was discontinued.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
The 8 speed auto is a ZF design (I think its a direct copy), and can handle some stupid amount of torque.

So I wouldn't be to worried about it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BrokenKnucklez posted:

The 8 speed auto is a ZF design (I think its a direct copy), and can handle some stupid amount of torque.

So I wouldn't be to worried about it.

Yeah, and it's being copied by Chryco. Hence my concern.

Granted the rest of the truck will fall apart around it anyway, so I guess it's just a race against time.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Is the 8 speed the same one used in the grand cherokee that has been flashed like 3 times already due to shifting issues? Not sure if it was a TSB or a recall or what. Considering they can barely make a 4 speed work....

Terry Francona
Jan 20, 2004

by Cowcaster
Pretty sure Ram is now it's own company and don't have anything to do with Chrysler. Pretty sure that's why they are no longer called Dodge Ram. i could be wrong though.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

iwentdoodie posted:

Granted the rest of the truck will fall apart around it anyway, so I guess it's just a race against time.

At the rate I see American trucks rust, yeah it wouldn't be a big concern. Kind of like Chevrolets with only 200k miles on the engine and the body falling off.

I haven't heard much about the transmission issues, but then again, I don't pay attention to Chryco products.

Terry Francona posted:

Pretty sure Ram is now it's own company and don't have anything to do with Chrysler. Pretty sure that's why they are no longer called Dodge Ram. i could be wrong though.

Still Chryco.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

iwentdoodie posted:

I've had two dodge trucks in the last 15 years. A '97 Dakota and the '08 Ram. Total problems: one wheel bearing on the Dakota, one window controller on the Ram. That's it, so YMMV.

It did occur to me that 8 speeds may be needlessly complex. But it apparently helps with the gas mileage, so I see the motivation for them to develop it, since the government has been issuing orders that the overall fleet offered by a company has to make a certain mileage target. Speaking of - Chrysler/Fiat/whatever didn't actually spin off Ram. That's just a branding thing.

@iwentdoodie

My family's experience with Fords has been less wonderful. We did have an'81 F-150 that did pretty well by us...but my brother got into the hell that is the early 2000s Explorer/Excursion with lemon-as-gently caress transmissions. Two exploders returned, and he's easily led so kept getting upsold. Has a Expedition now that has constant transmission problems. My other brother and sister in law also had an Expedition that died, although they are terrible at car maintenance so I would tend to put that down to user error.

So, my limited experience has been Ram good Ford bad. And honestly the reviews are on my side there.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

Slow is Fast posted:

Is the 8 speed the same one used in the grand cherokee that has been flashed like 3 times already due to shifting issues? Not sure if it was a TSB or a recall or what. Considering they can barely make a 4 speed work....

My brother worked for ZF for a while. My understanding is Chrysler buys the built trans from them but was too cheap to pay to have ZF program it for them so they tried to do it in house and suck at it. Also ZF to my understanding has been having teething and supplier issues with their new 8 speed plant. I believe eventually all that will be worked out but if it were my money I'd give it another year just to let it all get sorted.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Nissan is putting the cummins diesel in their 2015 Titans, if that means anything to you.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Terry Francona posted:

They sure are trying to sound like that's the case, and they convinced at least one person... but yeah, still Chrysler, still don't trust them for anything. The EcoBoost is really really nice, and I'm a Chevy guy ('04 2500HD currently). Test drive the Ford.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

sharkytm posted:

They sure are trying to sound like that's the case, and they convinced at least one person... but yeah, still Chrysler, still don't trust them for anything. The EcoBoost is really really nice, and I'm a Chevy guy ('04 2500HD currently). Test drive the Ford.

Yeah, it's kind of amazing how well that rebrand worked.

Pr0k, I can understand the brand loyalty based on those stories. I just personally don't trust anything coming out of Chryco nowadays, as all you ever hear are horror stories now.

Plus the new Ford's are just loving nice.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

pr0k posted:

the hell that is the early 2000s Explorer/Excursion with lemon-as-gently caress transmissions. Two exploders returned, and he's easily led so kept getting upsold.

The 5 speed auto in the Explorer was a pile of poo poo to begin with, and beyond undersized for what it was put in.

Though I know some people are notoriously hard on transmissions and no matter what they are driving manual/automatic are just going to manage to blow it up. Dr. Pain could attest to this.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Fords have massive back seats which is pretty nice.

I'd still go Ram all the way, I've driven a 2014 Ram Big Horn, and a F150 Ecoboost. Never driven the new GMC/Chevy but a friend I know that bought one over the winter doesn't like it and wishes he had bought the Ram.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

"Aww, I forgot."

I have no truck opinions to offer, but movie quotes all day long.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
:thumbsup:

I am calling junkyards trying to get a cheap set of 20's so I can salvage my Cooper Zeons. It finally occurred to me to ask:

What the gently caress good is putting 20" rims on a truck? Is there an advantage to that that I am not seeing? A cursory google search says pretty much no. The only reason I had 'em on the '08 was because that was what was on it and I bought off the lot. I actually would have preferred 17s. Cheaper tires and I think 20s look stupid tbh.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

pr0k posted:

I am calling junkyards trying to get a cheap set of 20's so I can salvage my Cooper Zeons. It finally occurred to me to ask:

What the gently caress good is putting 20" rims on a truck? Is there an advantage to that that I am not seeing? A cursory google search says pretty much no. The only reason I had 'em on the '08 was because that was what was on it and I bought off the lot. I actually would have preferred 17s. Cheaper tires and I think 20s look stupid tbh.

Because bigger wheels = make you look like you have more money. Duh.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

pr0k posted:

Then sell your 20s to someone who buys into that nonsense, and get the 17s?

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Slow is Fast posted:

The 9 speed in the Cherokee was the one that has been re-flashed a bunch. The 4 speed works awesome, it just needs a lot more care and feeding and people working on them who understand that a no shift can be as simple as a sensor, broken wire or solenoid issue and not "needs rebuild". It also should have been retired 10 years earlier than it was, its biggest fault was it was way outclassed by the competition long before it was put out to pasture (you can still get the FWD version of it in a 2014 Avenger if you can believe it).

BrokenKnucklez posted:

At the rate I see American trucks rust, yeah it wouldn't be a big concern. Kind of like Chevrolets with only 200k miles on the engine and the body falling off.

I haven't heard much about the transmission issues, but then again, I don't pay attention to Chryco products.

Still Chryco.

Your kidding right? Just American trucks rust?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/263311-frame-rust-recall.html

http://www.tacomacorrosion.com/

http://jalopnik.com/5412206/toyota-recalls-110000-tundra-pickups-for-frame-corrosion

Rust is and always been an issue for anything made out of steel if your in a rust belt state, I don't care who builds it.

We have cars routinely getting 200K without a hitch these days, when just 20 years ago near 100K was junkyard bound.

Mighty Horse fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 9, 2014

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Mighty Horse posted:

We have cars routinely getting 200K without a hitch these days, when just 20 years ago near 100K was junkyard bound.

I wasn't aware of the Toyota issues. But then again, where I live in the US, its all Chevrolets and Fords. FWIW, there's still tons of those 20 year old Ford and Chevys still out working just like any other day. Plus, I really have not looked at new trucks in ages.

Edit: Holy crap.... just browsed the Ram site. Air suspension? On a truck? Land Rover has been doing this for years, I am shocked some one else is doing this. These are nicer than most cars.... what happened to a work truck that you were lucky if it had an AM radio and AC?

I guess it looks like RAM basic model is pretty stripped, but still.... :drat:

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 9, 2014

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Edit: Holy crap.... just browsed the Ram site. Air suspension? On a truck? Land Rover has been doing this for years, I am shocked some one else is doing this. These are nicer than most cars.... what happened to a work truck that you were lucky if it had an AM radio and AC?

Trucks are luxury rides now. They are very much a status symbol in Alberta, for one thing, and that lets car companies build a truck that gives them 50% or more raw margin on every unit.

There's a regional Ford corporate commercial where they advertise the Ecoboost with "real Canadians" and the one guy keeps going on about how the King Ranch tells his workers that "the boss is here."

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Does anyone test fuel mileage with a load? My dad has a 2000 Dodge 2500 with the Cummins diesel, I've never had to stop for fuel on a trip with that truck which is not something I can say for the gas trucks I've used.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I wasn't aware of the Toyota issues. But then again, where I live in the US, its all Chevrolets and Fords. FWIW, there's still tons of those 20 year old Ford and Chevys still out working just like any other day. Plus, I really have not looked at new trucks in ages.

My 2000 was affected - went from fine in July 2012 when I got it safetied, to not road-worthy in May 2013. That being said - Toyota of Canada bought me out for the max blackbook value for my truck - I got just under $14,000 (Canadian) for a 2000 Tacoma 5-speed 4x4 with A/C and almost no other features, with somewhere around 250,000 km. I have zero issues with Toyota because of that - they admitted the fault, and dealt with it.

New truck chat - if I was buying brand new, I'd 90% likely get a Ford. Seen too many issues with Dodge Transmissions on the newer stuff, Chevy is likely going to kill me with an exploding radio button, and Toyota's are awesome but gently caress the price tag atm. That being said, I just bought a used Tundra and I love the hell out of it, so I still am a Toyota fan.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Mighty Horse posted:

Now, now. The Taco is American-designed and American-built. Let's not throw too many stones at our own glass house. There are plenty of Japanese Toyotas with rust and/or frame issues to have used as an example.

That being said, the Tacoma is impressive in its unmatched ability to develop frame rot even in the arid southwest.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I don't know why you'd buy anything other than a Tundra or F150 for towing less than 10k, Tundra's are rock solid and great trucks inside and out. Buy a up model 2011 used with 40-50k miles on it and stomp on it for another 200k and save your money. The Ford's have some interesting engine options if you were going to buy new right now. The Tundra's are due a real mechanical update soon so I wouldn't buy bran new anymore.

Bias: Owned a 2011 Tundra 4.6 V8 and loving loved it

There are some cool technologies in the new RAM's but being a Dodge/Chrysler product is enough for me to wait until a better brand copy cat's the features I like.

Edit: This post is just general truck chat because AI doesn't have enough truck chat. If you do get the RAM tell us all about it, because I'm still interested. Trucks doing truck stuff is the best stuff.

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 9, 2014

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

thebigcow posted:

Does anyone test fuel mileage with a load? My dad has a 2000 Dodge 2500 with the Cummins diesel, I've never had to stop for fuel on a trip with that truck which is not something I can say for the gas trucks I've used.

I thought everyone just assumed single digit MPG with a load.. A guy I work with tows his boat with his Toyota Sequoia and it's something ridiculous like 8MPG while he's doing it.

The only thing I have to add is the deals on trucks here in Texas are ridiculous. 14K off F-150's. 8100 off RAM 1500 CC Express (26,995), Tundra's 12K off all day every day. We had some contractors from California out here for a few weeks doing some work on one our buildings, and 2 of the guys bought trucks out here and drove them back the deal was so good.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Siochain posted:

My 2000 was affected - went from fine in July 2012 when I got it safetied, to not road-worthy in May 2013. That being said - Toyota of Canada bought me out for the max blackbook value for my truck - I got just under $14,000 (Canadian) for a 2000 Tacoma 5-speed 4x4 with A/C and almost no other features, with somewhere around 250,000 km. I have zero issues with Toyota because of that - they admitted the fault, and dealt with it.

New truck chat - if I was buying brand new, I'd 90% likely get a Ford. Seen too many issues with Dodge Transmissions on the newer stuff, Chevy is likely going to kill me with an exploding radio button, and Toyota's are awesome but gently caress the price tag atm. That being said, I just bought a used Tundra and I love the hell out of it, so I still am a Toyota fan.

They really did handle it well for the consumer.

I have a friend who is a deal tech for Toyota and he bought a used Tundra and got it claimed in under the last few days of the extended warranty. They put a new frame under the truck, the frame also comes with almost the entire front suspension and the rear minus the axles. Something like 13K of work (dealer prices obviously) covered on a nearly 10 year old used truck with nearly 100K on it.

The Taco buy-back they did just made the values of used ones skyrocket too, so now it made more sense for a while to just buy a new one.

Spiffness posted:

I don't know why you'd buy anything other than a Tundra for F150 for towing less than 10k, Tundra's are rock solid and great trucks inside and out. Buy a up model 2011 used with 40-50k miles on it and stomp on it for another 200k and save your money. The Ford's have some interesting engine options if you were going to buy new right now. The Tundra's are due a real mechanical update soon so I wouldn't buy bran new anymore.

They are really, really expensive comparatively vs the "Domestics"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The problem with considering a ford right now is the 2014 is in high demand with low supply because of how long the plants are down for the changeover, so there will be very little discount on the old model, and there obviously won't be any real discount on the 2015s for some time, as they're miles ahead of the rest of the market.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Mighty Horse posted:

They really did handle it well for the consumer.

Yeah, I was really, really impressed. The dealership said they'd likely make a buyout offer, and I was figuring 5 grand or so. Then I got the offer. Its like, yes, okay! And my new (to me) Tundra with the 5.7 loving moves, gods its a nice engine. If I'd have been shopping new, the Ford Ecoboost looks awesome. The used Chev I test drove was just...a vehicle. Didn't have any personality.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Mighty Horse posted:

They are really, really expensive comparatively vs the "Domestics"

Yeah, I wouldn't buy a showroom new Tundra right now, but I'd happily cross shop a few years old well optioned tundra with 10-40K miles on it. They haven't changed much in the last few years, but haven't really needed to. You can get a truck that does everything you need and is comfortable for not a bad price if you go that way.

If you want more engine options and want to buy new, I'd shop F150's. My experience with both doesn't lend me to looking at other options seriously for less than 10K towing.

None of that is really the discussion here. I like what Dodge is doing to try and move trucks forward but it's under the wrong company for my dollar.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
The problem, or lack thereof, depending on your point of view, is that good trucks maintain value that's actually higher than they're worth. My point of view is that most vehicles go 100k or ten years or so, then they start to need a lot of maintenance. So 40k miles represents 40% of the vehicle's value to me. But I only get about a 20% discount compared to buying new. And buying new gets me knowledge that the thing was broken in and maintained properly in the beginning, which is important. I begin every car search at carmax. I can find at least one of any make or model I want to see and drive it without a lot of fuss. So I see all the used trucks on the lot. Interestingly this time - only one 1500. Half a dozen Tundras. Just sayin'. edit, come to think of it not a lot of F-150s either, iirc.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Probably because Carmax is a pretty giant ripoff. And I don't know what them having more Tundras is supposed to mean either.

They list 340 2010-2014 Ram 1500s, 165 2010-2014 Tundras, 395 2010-2014 F150s, and 312 2010-2014 Silverados.

Not that any of that means a drat thing about any of the trucks, except for the given that the Chevy will be Kevorkianesque.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I'd argue that 40K miles on a Tundra is 5K miles on a RAM, BUT! I'm just some rear end in a top hat who owned a Tundra and really liked it so to each their own.

If your heart wants a new truck for all those special new car reasons I'm not gunna tell you to gently caress off, because I've owned my share of new vehicles and totally get it.

• Locked thread