Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
yesterday i almost bought a prius.

then i came to my senses and got a mustang instead :homebrew: :horse:

gently caress the environment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
convertible right?

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jul 8, 2014

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ded posted:

prius would be less gay

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

prius would be less gay

Holy poo poo, Canada really is wrong about everything

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
mustangs are a loving stupid car though

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Mustangs are hella gay and everywhere, the white trash luxury car. Its like the 2000s version of the late 80s irocs

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Mustangs are hella gay and everywhere, the white trash luxury car. Its like the 2000s version of the late 80s irocs

im working on a mullet just for you

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
When i picture mustang drivers i think 300 pound dudes with rat tails or women

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I picture E5 and below who owe $18,000 at 19% interest on a 2006.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I picture a dude driving a v6 automatic and brags about it until you ask him if its a v8

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
if your stang doesnt have the words shelby or boss on it then youre now required to perform the 7 divine cuts of hara kiri to restore your familys honor

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

if your stang doesnt have the words shelby or boss on it then youre now required to perform the 7 divine cuts of hara kiri to restore your familys honor

I like the newer Mustangs, but this is the truth.

I had a rental GT in 2010 with the 5.0 and it was pretty fun. I still wouldn't buy one though.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Just got a job that's about 50 miles from my home. Looks like my dreams and aspirations of owning a v6 Camaro are over :(

pro edit: lol naw i'll just forego health insurance to pay for gas.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded posted:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

ded posted:

Right thought process, wrong car.

gleep gloop posted:

I picture E5 and below who owe $18,000 at 19% interest on a 2006.

Pretty accurate.

Godholio posted:

I like the newer Mustangs, but this is the truth.

I had a rental GT in 2010 with the 5.0 and it was pretty fun. I still wouldn't buy one though.

I don't know about Mustangs, but SS Camaros have two problems. They are loving cop magnets. Like I got pulled over in a 5 mile test drive and pass at least one a week sitting on the side of the road with blue lights behind it. And they are loving undrivable in the rain/snow/ice if you have to turn. So the 6 is a better car if you actually have to drive it.

Regardless, anyone who buys a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger in an automatic gargles cum in rest stop bathrooms.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Genocide Tendency posted:

Regardless, anyone who buys a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger in an automatic gargles cum in rest stop bathrooms.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i think challengers are neat looking :(

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
In 2009-2010 I went to a neat little race track in SoAZ about once a month when I first picked up a turbo'd MX-5 (Miata). It was a lot of fun, they even had two sets of hair pins pretty close, with a nice 1/8th mile straight away between them. It was fun to race down in a Mazda, Porsche or Lotus because all three cars could handle the hairpins at speed without much trouble, even a few GTI drivers could do it if they goosed it ~*just*~ right. But this is when Camaros and Challengers first started showing up in packs.

Mustang guys seemed to realize they had to slow down for the hairpins, probably down to 35ish to keep traction. Camaro people kept trying to power through the pins, so much so that the track guys ended up calling the gravel pits next to the turns "Camaro graveyards" because without fail you'd always see them, almost always in either black or yellow with black stripes and a transformers window sticker, stuck in them, rims buried atleast 5 inches in the gravel pit.

This is what led some of the people at the track to ban muscle cars, Camaros, Challengers, Mustangs and Chargers, Corvettes driven by anyone who owned a trucker hat, from running the track without the Hairpins blocked off and rerouted. Which was a bummer, because I really enjoyed lapping brand new Camaros driven by 20 something dirtbags in a faggy little Nip car

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Muscle cars and the people who drive them have been going downhill since the '80s.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
In other car news. I'm seriously debating a new Fiat 500 Abarth

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Booblord Zagats posted:

Have you sat in one? I'm by no means a small guy, but My CRX felt like a full size sedan compared to the Fiat.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Booblord Zagats posted:

Are you Vasudus short? If not, lol enjoy your clown car.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Are you Richard Hammond short? If not, lol enjoy your clown car.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Carteret posted:

Have you sat in one? I'm by no means a small guy, but My CRX felt like a full size sedan compared to the Fiat.

I'm 5'10" 150lbs, I had a regular 500 as a rental not long ago, after a few hours driving it I got used to the smallness and found it to be pretty comfortable. Test drove an Abarth after and was really pleased with the smoothness of the gearbox and how tight the steering felt. I'd still keep my Mazda, since it's paid off. Just looking for something a bit more gas efficient and still fun to drive.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
"I want to save money on gas by spending more money on another car."

If you want another car, cool, but don't try to justify saving money by spending a lot more of it. Justify it by how much pussy it'll probably get you.

But you're a goon so getting pussy lol

Carteret posted:

This is how the Nissan Juke felt compared to my Soul.

Can't wait to sell that drat thing in March.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 8, 2014

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

:wtc:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Seriously.

The Soul is hideous, the Juke isn't a looker either, but the AWD version handles better than it has any right to.

If you NEED a micro SUV, why not just get a used BMW x3, they often sell cheap, they're reliable, the look nice and they've got plenty of space. You can pick one up for only 2-4K more than a new Kia/Nissan. And really, if that extra 2-4K is more than you can afford, maybe cars aren't for you. Bus passes are pretty cheap, and there's always sucking off truckers to get where you're going

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

He was quite taken by the dancing hamsters commercials.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
You said "I would like that one, please" and handed over money for the hamster car.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
At least he didn't buy the Nissan cube. I'll give him that

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Should have just grabbed a clean, unmolested used xB for cheap. Those motherfuckers are massive on the inside, and the backseat is like a couch. All the other variants are just trying to be that cool.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

elite_garbage_man posted:

DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!

That aint no not truck boat truck. One a them fee-ats might be an escape pod from one though.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Carteret posted:

Should have just grabbed a clean, unmolested used xB for cheap. Those motherfuckers are massive on the inside, and the backseat is like a couch. All the other variants are just trying to be that cool.

Seriously, just buy a used X3. Or if you're REALLY dead set on a beach-bum wagon, a Honda Element, since they're designed to be cleaned with a hose, since everything on the interior is water-proof

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Carteret posted:

As long as it's the first gen xB. The larger model has issues from what I've heard.
The old one (2005-2007 iirc) has hella room and is decent on gas. It's a Toyota, so except for the o2 sensor they basically never die.

I've had my xB for almost 10 years now, it does everything I want and runs cheap. I'm just gonna drive it until it dies.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My mother has a soul and hates it.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Buy a smart car and park like a dickhead everywhere you go, gently caress the police.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

As long as it's the first gen xB. The larger model has issues from what I've heard.
The old one (2005-2007 iirc) has hella room and is decent on gas. It's a Toyota, so except for the o2 sensor they basically never die.

I've had my xB for almost 10 years now, it does everything I want and runs cheap. I'm just gonna drive it until it dies.

Totally a first gen. I worked at Carmax for a while and those things were great. Elements were cool because of the hose out feature and the folding table in the back, but it's really a van with an SUV front end. The xB is a big roomy car-box. gently caress SUVs. :colbert:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I bought a Soul because:

A. ex-wife wanted something new with a warranty
B. I wanted a manual transmission
C. the 2.0L for '12 came with 160~hp, double of my previous car
D. I love ugly as gently caress cars
E. Kinda thought I'd eat the contents of my medicine cabinet by now so what other people thought really didn't matter. And still doesn't.

It's not a bad car. Decent pick-up, plenty of space, good ride height since clawing your way in/out of a car that has your rear end 6 inches from pavement sucks giant monkey cock with a bad back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Mmhmm

• Locked thread