Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Welp, retards at the VA pharmacy apparently don't understand what my doctor means when he says "OVERNIGHT SHIPPING - STAT" so 'ol AB here is off his meds for a few days. Thanks dickheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Welp, retards at the VA pharmacy apparently don't understand what my doctor means when he says "OVERNIGHT SHIPPING - STAT" so 'ol AB here is off his meds for a few days. Thanks dickheads.

Psych meds, pain meds, or heart meds?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Psych. Saw the doc in person at the clinic a few days ago and told him I'd be short before the refill. I get gnarly tinnitus after the second missed dose.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I haven't had my blood pressure medication for about 4 months because my school insurance paired me with a doctor who is over an hour away, and scheduling appointments is a goddamn nightmare. I also don't have insurance over the summer, so the soonest I can get it is like... late August? Am I going to die? :ohdear:

At least I still have a shitload of Synthroid left!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I thank my lucky stars that I don't have anything through the VA.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I thank my lucky stars that I don't need meds period. Sorry, bros.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You won't die, but its important to keep it at safe levels. I keep tabs on my BP since one of my meds can cause hypertension.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

GTIs are gay because they only come in 4drs. You can get a Golf R in a 2dr but its 32k.
I drive a 2011 GTI 2 door :confused:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

You won't die, but its important to keep it at safe levels. I keep tabs on my BP since one of my meds can cause hypertension.

maybe you should try not being crazy

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded posted:

maybe you should try not being crazy

maybe you should stick that cock back in your mouth

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm still waiting on an appointment to get an upper GI scope. Doctor put in for it two weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything from the nearest VA hospital two hours away. Instead I'm stuck taking 80mg of Prilosec (4x the OTC dosage) daily until they figure out what the gently caress. It doesn't appear to be gallstones at least.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
just had my first non-psych appointment after forever, but I had to wait three loving months after scheduling it. now I have to wait another six months for my follow up. suck my dick, VA.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mike-o posted:

just had my first non-psych appointment after forever, but I had to wait three loving months after scheduling it. now I have to wait another six months for my follow up. suck my dick, VA.

Yeah my GI troubles started the week before and culminated with me in the ER at 1:30 in the morning on my 30th birthday. The next day I walked in to the VA to try to get my prescriptions from the ER unsuccessfully filled. They offered me an appointment with my doc by it was over a month away. Luckily he had a cancellation and I was able to come back and see him later in the day. Still wish I could figure out what was loving wrong with my guts.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
same here man, my guts are all sorts of hosed up.

here's to hoping I can get it service related and bump my 90 to 100, no way in gently caress can I work right now because of my guts

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Still wish I could figure out what was loving wrong with my guts.

?
http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/02/military-to-stop-adding-saltpeter-to-chow/#!bc5G2X

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Vasudus posted:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

shyduck posted:

2010 (mk6) was the first year for the 4-door in the US. I don't see a 2-door 2015 (mk7) on VW's site.

http://www.vw.com/models/gti/

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm still waiting on an appointment to get an upper GI scope. Doctor put in for it two weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything from the nearest VA hospital two hours away. Instead I'm stuck taking 80mg of Prilosec (4x the OTC dosage) daily until they figure out what the gently caress. It doesn't appear to be gallstones at least.

That's hilarious. My VA doctor prescribed me the exact same thing. I was scheduled for an upper GI, but it took more than 6 months, and my doc finally said "is the omeprazole working?" and said gently caress it, take that poo poo forever.

I've never had an upper GI and have been slamming generic Prilosec for 3 years. I only take 40mg daily because it still gets the job done.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah last thing I want to do is be on this poo poo forever. It kindof works but definitely not a permanent solution.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

shyduck posted:

2014 and 2015 are all 4dr models.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Vasudus posted:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I tried to go in there twice to get my drat VA ID card and was turned away for bullshit reasons both times. I have zero patience for their poo poo, and it's not like they'd pay me for my hearing problems anyway. gently caress the VA.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm really glad I got issued sordins. Only shot a gun a couple times forgetting to wear ear pro. I think rock concerts have done more damage than army stuff.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
about 6 months after my eas i was probably at the lowest point in my life, sitting in my old room at my moms house with a condition one 9mm handgun against my temple and applying light pressure to the trigger. what stopped me from going thru with it was thinking about my mom in the next room and what a lovely thing to do to her. but here i am 7 years later, still alive somehow, only medication ive had is booze and occasionally ibuprofen, and im like 100 times less suicidal. still probably gonna blow my head off when im old and broken and in constant pain. welp thats my story, bye

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

about 6 months after my eas i was probably at the lowest point in my life, sitting in my old room at my moms house with a condition one 9mm handgun against my temple and applying light pressure to the trigger. what stopped me from going thru with it was thinking about my mom in the next room and what a lovely thing to do to her. but here i am 7 years later, still alive somehow, only medication ive had is booze and occasionally ibuprofen, and im like 100 times less suicidal. still probably gonna blow my head off when im old and broken and in constant pain. welp thats my story, bye

hey man it's cool I understand where you're coming from

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

DownByTheWooter posted:

hey man it's cool I understand where you're coming from

thanks for reading m8

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
the several times i've been close to suck-starting a gun i've realized how hard it would be. mainly because i had to sell all my guns several years ago except one to fix my POS truck. it's a loving goddamn musket length mosin nagant. at least that 7.62 round would have made sure i didn't gently caress it up and survive with half a face or some poo poo.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Sell any guns you still own, Mr. Fistfuck.

Whether or not to do the same with what I assume is an impressive battle-axe and crossbow collection is entirely up to you.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
np bro
I'm getting med boarded out of the Navy right now. I was a little bitter about it at first because I'm a first class with ten years in, and like, what else do I do and I wanted to tell the doctors and poo poo that depression is not even a real problem that actual grownups have, but gently caress it I am gonna get on the dole and go to college and the VA has to pay me beer/weed money forever which is pretty fuckin sweet.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Victor Vermis posted:

Whether or not to do the same with what I assume is an impressive battle-axe and crossbow collection is entirely up to you.

i wish i owned some cool viking poo poo

alas ill just console myself with this safe full of guns :smith:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i wish i owned some cool viking poo poo

alas ill just console myself with this safe full of guns :smith:

welp.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Victor Vermis posted:

Send them to me.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Godholio posted:

Send them to me.

never

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Send them to Africa so they can kill browns as they were intended to

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Booblord Zagats posted:

Send them to Atlanta so they can kill browns as they were intended to

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah last thing I want to do is be on this poo poo forever. It kindof works but definitely not a permanent solution.

At least it works. Prilosec made everything in my stomach go loving crazy. The many joys of IBS. I suppose I could have Crohns, I never bothered to get the colonoscopy to find out since it's fairly manageable so long as I avoid an ever growing list of different foods.

Hope you get your issue sorted out though, I dont wish gut problems on anyone.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

My stomach acid is so hosed up that if I don't take Omeprazole daily it inflames my esophagus to the point where I can't eat properly. Food gets stuck in my throat, and I have to puke and start over. It feels like you are loving drowning on food and drink.

gently caress the VA.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Sounds like you weren't meant to live.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Pretty much. I was fine before the army took my Thyroid. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I suppose I could have Crohns, I never bothered to get the colonoscopy to find out since it's fairly manageable so long as I avoid an ever growing list of different foods.

If you haven't already done it, there is some kind of blood test to rule out Crohns too. If I recall what the doctor told me correctly, it is a dna test and if you don't have a specific gene then you can't have Crohns. If you do have the gene then they can do further testing like the colonoscopy to see if you have it. You can also just try a gluten free diet for awhile and see if it makes you feel any better.

• Locked thread