Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Have you grown a beard because of reasons?

Do you wish you could spend a few thousand dollars to go camping?

Would you enjoy a nice Gin and Tonic with muddled mint from a small garden in the Napa valley?

GET MANNED UP
http://wildernesscollective.com/

Buy the gear, experience the experiences, grow a beard, meet bros you can later friend on facebook and linkedin, throw an axe because of danger!

Source: http://gawker.com/5980261/artisanal-manliness-for-fun-and-profit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

gently caress Gawker, and gently caress you

TheBlackPharaoh
May 8, 2007
Is it ok if i throw the axe like a girl?

Also, artis-anal lol

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:gas:
:tutbutt:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Can't grow a beard, can still gently caress whoever I want.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

VendaGoat posted:

Can't grow a beard, can still gently caress whoever I want.

Doubtful at best, but I like your confidence.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I dunno. Off road motorcycling sounds fun as gently caress with or without the beard.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
i will provide you a heirloom cucking op

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
beards are only used by fat guys to feel good about themselves and their ugly down syndrome faces.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There's some stupid ginned up crisis of masculinity where dumb nerds and desk jockeys are obsessed with proving what real grown-up men they are. I guess this is one of the less harmful ways to express it but it's still funny and stupid as hell.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

prezbuluskey posted:

beards are only used by fat guys to feel good about themselves and their ugly down syndrome faces.

Only time I wore a beard, I was fat.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Don Tacorleone posted:

gently caress Gawker, and gently caress you

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
cargo_cult_masculinity.jpg

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2014/jun/22/end-of-the-hipster-flat-caps-and-beards

The Guardian posted:

So what next? "I think hipsters will have an overhaul. There will be a downturn in this skinny-jean, long-haired feminised look over the next few years owing to the rise of the stronger female role model," says Chris Sanderson." And in its place? "A more macho look, almost to the point of caricature, in a bid for men to reinforce their identity."

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
why don't these guys just buy an assault rifle? it's cheaper and it lasts forever

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
oooh an artisanal assault rifle.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

porkchop_express posted:

i will provide you a heirloom cucking op

lol

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Omi-Polari posted:

why don't these guys just buy an assault rifle? it's cheaper and it lasts forever

Because they dont live in some worthless southern state where people do that.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Omi-Polari posted:

oooh an artisanal assault rifle.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I will scalp you and use your hair for my beard. Bacon.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

1. This has been going on for years now, get with it theguardian.com

2. People were saying the same thing over a decade ago when the word "metrosexual" was still being used and men are still buying more skincare products than ever.

Lotta young guys out there wringing their hands cause they secretly or not-so-secretly fear they're not manly enough lol.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if you call me a pussy i will lock eyes with you and ride your cock until you're blind

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

BKPR posted:

if you call me a pussy i will lock eyes with you and ride your cock until you're blind

Thats the stellar level of posting I expect.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
i live in Brooklyn, I have a beard, and im gay. how much manlier can I get, really?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

this is my fetish

naem
May 29, 2011

A lot of very good posts itt

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

thanks alot assbag posted:

i live in Brooklyn, I have a beard, and im gay. how much manlier can I get, really?

Are you a lumberjack too?

Im not impressed.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

psyopmonkey posted:

Are you a lumberjack too?

Im not impressed.

UH NO, i said i live in BROOKLYN therefore im vegan!!! I only purchase artisanal bbaaaggghhhhhhhhhhhh joke's over everyone just go home

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

UH NO, i said i live in BROOKLYN therefore im vegan!!! I only purchase artisanal bbaaaggghhhhhhhhhhhh joke's over everyone just go home

YES, AND...

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

I live in Portland. I dont eat the Artisanal...

I am the Artisanal.

:colbert:

naem
May 29, 2011

The hipster movement as it began was an attempt to be so bland there was nothing to mock, while still being showoff-y in an obscure way so that others could identify you as such.

The fact that it could verge in a new direction in which the classic era hipster is presented in a new way only now they workout a bunch makes sense even though it invalidates the whole point of original hipsterdom

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Artisanal cock sucking.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

JebanyPedal posted:

Artisanal cock sucking.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

JebanyPedal posted:

Artisanal cock sucking.

Artisanal Sock Cucking.

Your welcome. :smug:

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
you're going to kill yourself one day

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Art is anal.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
This is probably better and more fun than most things money is spent on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

if you see a guy who looks like this irl run like gently caress because he is a serial killer

• Locked thread