Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013
People should stop doing it. Here are some actual lines from a slam poetry show (didn't visit, had these texted to me):

"nickelodeon can kiss my rear end"

"I'm finished searching"

"To be an artist you have to bleed"

"Open your mouth cocoon caterpillar tongue"

"I am a black hole, sucking everything into me," then "I am a shell of a body" -- 450lbs dude

"Investigate yourself because liquor isn't quicker to happiness"

"Some days I feel so high it's fantastic like I was on acid"

"I would change you into a skin-flavour latter so I could suck on you all day" -- dude talking about how much he likes going down on his girlfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
art sucks

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ya its pretty bad

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

those sound funny on their own but it's hard to convey how gut busting they really are because you can't type the very deliberate cadence and intonation they do, which adds just so much profundity and layered meaning let me tell you

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
remember that autistic guy that made the ocd slam poetry everyone cried over and then jerked off

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

LifeSizePotato posted:

those sound funny on their own but it's hard to convey how gut busting they really are because you can't type the very deliberate cadence and intonation they do, which adds just so much profundity and layered meaning let me tell you

This IS
the MOMENT
we MEET
the MEAT
and KNOW
the NOW,
you know?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013

LifeSizePotato posted:

Sad thing is that in proper poems you can actually read the cadences because of things like rhythm and stress, etc. In slam it's just completely arbitrary, which makes me even more sad.

Petekill
May 14, 2005

Where's Hammond?
Well I'll call him!

Prallax Litovsk posted:

Sad thing is that in proper poems you can actually read the cadences because of things like rhythm and stress, etc. In slam it's just completely arbitrary, which makes me even more sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh3f9Uhhdoo

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ADgCeYJMN4

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Slam whale poetry

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSizePotato posted:

poetry sucks

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

there's a related video of a genuine slam poetry girl and the audience actually does the beatnik snap "applause." i didn't realize that was still a thing.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Slam poetry is just people talking impassionedly, which is actually pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Ocean Book posted:

Slam poetry is just people talking impassionedly, which is actually pretty cool.

No its bad

• Locked thread