Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
every time I'm in the regular grocery store (or Target) I see people whose carts have like, you know, really obvious "we are poor" food in it, tons of ramen, canned meat, that kind of poo poo, but then they also always have like literally $40 worth of name brand soda (usually Mt. Dew or Dr. Pepper or Coke). why? if they need caffeine and sugar so bad, just drink coffee with a lot of sugar in it? and why name brand instead of store brand at least? do they really not realize what a tremendous waste of money it is and they could use that money to like you know get actual people food instead of tinned Vienna sausages?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
because poors and fats are dumb

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
shut up, mom

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
soda tastes pretty good op.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Local Forums Poster A Leading Authority On What Shouldn’t Be In Poor People’s Grocery Carts

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Ask them instead of us

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
those are working class OP

I was a poor and we always ate grass fed beef straight from our backyards

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

because i like injecting my belly with insulins.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Local Forums Poster A Leading Authority On What Shouldn’t Be In Poor People’s Grocery Carts

i just want them to be healthier :ohdear:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

uG posted:

because poors and fats are dumb

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

if they were really poors they would steal the soda

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Some people just enjiy eating poo poo be they rich or poor op, short of a tax statement you cant tell how rich someone is just from their shopping

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OP, soda is one of those things that you can't just cheap out on and go with the store brands. Store Brand soda always tastes like something made to taste like the name brand soda, but somehow they failed to get it right.

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
because of commercials and from seeing other people drinking it

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Poors shouldn't be allowed to have anything ever.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Because the legal repercussions of stealing it can be quite discomfiting.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
ALso i dont think op really kniws what 40 dollars of soda looks like

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
addiction, stupidity, and being too stubborn to try different things

it's me i am the guy i just described. i am a pop drinker.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

when they got the big rear end cart full it USUALLY means that its like 4 for $10

or else they just fat

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

because cream soda is really good in almost any form

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
serious answer, because when you're poor spending $5 a week on soda makes a much bigger difference on your quality of life than putting that $5 towards the tens of thousands of dollars of debt your uninsured rear end incurred that one time your kid broke their arm that you will never, ever be able to pay off

people who think that that lifelong poors could bootstrap themselves up out of poverty if they didn't nickel-and-dime away their money their creature comforts are inevitably suburban kids who think that that one crazy week in college where they had to live off of ramen for a week because they spent all their money before their student loans came in means they totally know what they're talking about

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Hello, what do you expect them to cook the Ramen in?

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
If poor people were capable of making informed, intelligent decisions, they wouldn't be poor, OP.

See also: dropping out of education early, having kids they can't really afford and a whole host of other dumb as gently caress choices. Buying soda is bad decision one of, like, a thousand.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
WELFARE STEAKS :argh:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
i'm sure that the people in this thread never, ever drink pop or juices or any of the wide variety of sweet calorie-laden drinks

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Kirk Johnson posted:

If poor people were capable of making informed, intelligent decisions, they wouldn't be poor, OP.

See also: dropping out of education early, having kids they can't really afford and a whole host of other dumb as gently caress choices. Buying soda is bad decision one of, like, a thousand.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha good one

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

another thread where a goon is too autistic to comprehend why people in society do things

naem
May 29, 2011

Sugar is way addicting duh

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

naem posted:

Sugar is way addicting duh

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Effectronica posted:

i'm sure that the people in this thread never, ever drink pop or juices or any of the wide variety of sweet calorie-laden drinks

all goons treat their bodies as temples, never play video games and only watch arthouse films that see a limited release in just 5 U.S. theaters.

at least going by most of their posts in gbs they do.

edit: also, they've never even seen a cartoon. don't even know what one looks like.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
when you are poor you can pay for a really easy to obtain dopamine fix through high calorie food and drinks.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
if people's first concern was health, they'd also be arguing against people buying beer and wine

naem
May 29, 2011

I dropped 15 pounds by not drinking soda and not eating ice cream in like a week

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Kirk Johnson posted:

This is true.

I drink a 1 liter over the course of about three weeks and feel bad about it because I know it's terrible. But imma do it anyway.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

naem posted:

high-fructose corn syrup is way addicting duh

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

naem posted:

I dropped 15 pounds by not drinking soda and not eating ice cream in like a week

naem do you have cancer :ohdear:

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

i can't find diet grape soda anywhere in my town anymore and it's kind of upsetting

Kirk Johnson
May 25, 2014

by Ralp
If you drink soda, try not drinking it for a while - like six months at least - and then come back to it and have a can of Coke. It will blow your loving mind. You probably won't be able to finish it but you'll marvel at how people can drink that poo poo liters at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

A misanthrope posted:

naem do you have cancer :ohdear:

the only alternative is that his diet previously consisted of 80% ice cream and soda

• Locked thread