Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
controversial thread. the guy who posts the gifs everybodys seen is running wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

the jizz taxi posted:

now you know how retarded this debate sounds to the Belgians and the Swiss

swiss chocolate is pretty tasty

sometimes a friend sends me over a package of sweets for christmas and I love the plopp bars!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Cucking Mama posted:

controversial thread. the guy who posts the gifs everybodys seen is running wild

and cucking mama is doing...what she does

we don't know yet

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

Also, don't forget that Cadburys make chocolate differently in different countries. North American Cadburys is loving horrendous compared to European Cadburys.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

when we sign that free trade agreement with america, they'll have to start calling their chocolate something like 'milk powder and vegetable oil product, chocolate flavoured, may contain chocolate'. lol, am i right my fellow europeen chaps? lol america, bunch of loser. let's all go and have some pint at the pub

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

and cucking mama is doing...what she does

we don't know yet

did you not know that cucking mama is my own personal heckler/stalker? i do not feel satisfied unless he has shat all over my thread which he has now so i feel complete :)

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Tesco Finest Swiss choc - few diff flavours, yum fuckin yum!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

did you not know that cucking mama is my own personal heckler/stalker? i do not feel satisfied unless he has shat all over my thread which he has now so i feel complete :)

she's not a very pleasant person

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Moola posted:

swiss chocolate is pretty tasty

sometimes a friend sends me over a package of sweets for christmas and I love the plopp bars!

Plopp's not Swiss it's Swedish argargargargagrh

But yeah, US chocolate is crap tier, UK chocolate is medium tier, Belgian chocolate is good tier.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

english toffee is p good

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hersey just makes that chocolate to piss off Europeans. They sink millions of dollars every year manufacturing it, but it's worth it to see englishmen complain about it on the internet.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Arian_Samurai posted:

Hersey just makes that chocolate to piss off Europeans. They sink millions of dollars every year manufacturing it, but it's worth it to see englishmen complain about it on the internet.

does anyone give a decent explanation as to why they think it's poo poo?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

A misanthrope posted:

she's not a very pleasant person

i think maybe just in desperate need of a cuddle, have offered this before but wasn't interested

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Arian_Samurai posted:

it would have been a great troll, if you americans didn't actually eat that disgusting mess every day. the joke is on you

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Lol if you eat the poo poo that is made without cocoa butter and real vanilla.

At my dicounter you can get a house brand 125g bar of real chocolate for 99c, only literal retards go for the 'brand' stuff made with cowbutter fat or hardened veggie oil.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 8, 2014

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
You mean countries that have been making chocolate since the 17th century do a better job than Hershey ?! Shocking

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

A misanthrope posted:

does anyone give a decent explanation as to why they think it's poo poo?

People treat chocolate like beer, where if you don't pay 4x as much for it its automatically poo poo.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Jimong5 posted:

People treat chocolate like beer, where if you don't pay 4x as much for it its automatically poo poo.

chocolate and beer are both pretty cheap and high-quality in belgium, the premium price people abroad pay is because they're willing to pay it (+ import taxes I guess)

before you might think of moving here, however, this is our outgoing secretary for immigration and many an immigrant's dark nemesis

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
a goon who cares enough about chocolate to appreciate the difference? color me surprised

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

rcman50166 posted:

a goon who cares enough about sex to appreciate the difference? color me surprised, stick your dick in there, if it exists it has given consent

really hosed up, you

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I buy whichever brand sources its cocoa from the most brutal and inhumane sources. Like fois gras, suffering tastes good.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Jimong5 posted:

Good chocolate isn't expensive, you're just used to paying 500% markup for biological waste products because advertising I guess.

But if more people demanded the real stuff, we might get another cocoa crisis so nevermind all that.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Jimong5 posted:

yup that's what i thought

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I prefer toblerone chocolate. Dunno OP if it tastes good, it is alright with me.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Never EVER put ketchup on chocolate

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

texaholic posted:

I prefer toblerone chocolate. Dunno OP if it tastes good, it is alright with me.

Cheap crap with butterfat, almonds roasted in butterfat and sugrar, milk powder, vanilla "aroma" and only 28% cocoa in the choc part.

But hey a Swiss name and great marketing.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 8, 2014

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

concerned mom posted:

jesus christ why would you even acknowledge the possibility of the two substances coming into contact you psychotic fuckjob

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
hershey's chocolate is good

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

sauer kraut posted:

Cheap crap with butterfat, almonds roasted in butterfat and sugrar, milk powder, vanilla "aroma" and only 28% cocoa in the choc part.

But hey a Swiss name and great marketing.

Listen kid, either take the candy or egg my house. The pagans didn't start halloween so I could get a lecture on chocolate quality.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

rcman50166 posted:

captain dipshit weighing in

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
tastes like chocolate to me

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

concerned mom posted:

bbq sauce all the way

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
When i visited America some years back i smuggled a packet of minstrels over in my luggage and when i shared these with my hosts they practically orgasmed having been used to the rubbish you get in the states all their lives and i think they had no idea how good chocolate can be, i think companies like hershys take advantage of the fact that their audience don't know any better and save on pennies.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
Hehehehehehe... I like how the UK and other poo poo bag countries full of hosed up weirdo's of the world have to come up with nonstop foolish attempts to knock America down a peg.

"We are better public transportation!" - no one gives a gently caress, only poors use the train. Real men drive around in kick rear end huge jeeps.

"We have better chocolate!" - Congratulations, us buff supermen of the state don't even eat chocolate and when we do it's going to be body paint on a killer blonde strippers titties.

"We are less fat and more intelligent and -" - Let me stop you right there. My little brother says the same things just because I whoop his rear end daily. Perhaps, if you think about it, America is like your older brother and you are just little whiny babies sad because you can't be top dog. It's cool, I get it.

What a shameful thread OP. I'm sorry you and your small euro-wiener had to make this childish op. Perhaps one day you will gain some knowledge and try some real bomb rear end American chocolate out of the small and far superior indie shops we have here (I suggest looking up GWS on this!) before you make such ignorant statements. Thanks.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

big duck equals goose posted:

"We have better chocolate!" - Congratulations, us buff supermen of the state don't even eat chocolate

lol ok fatty

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

rcman50166 posted:

i'm not an expert or anything, but as i said i do work in a loving chocolate factory that has an attached store that sells every chocolate ever made and

yeah hershey's aint bad

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

big duck equals goose posted:

Hehehehehehe... I like how the UK and other poo poo bag countries full of hosed up weirdo's of the world have to come up with nonstop foolish attempts to knock America down a peg.

"We are better public transportation!" - no one gives a gently caress, only poors use the train. Real men drive around in kick rear end huge jeeps.

"We have better chocolate!" - Congratulations, us buff supermen of the state don't even eat chocolate and when we do it's going to be body paint on a killer blonde strippers titties.

"We are less fat and more intelligent and -" - Let me stop you right there. My little brother says the same things just because I whoop his rear end daily. Perhaps, if you think about it, America is like your older brother and you are just little whiny babies sad because you can't be top dog. It's cool, I get it.

What a shameful thread OP. I'm sorry you and your small euro-wiener had to make this childish op. Perhaps one day you will gain some knowledge and try some real bomb rear end American chocolate out of the small and far superior indie shops we have here (I suggest looking up GWS on this!) before you make such ignorant statements. Thanks.

Technically due to age and maturity we would be your older brother or at least father figure of some kind. P.S. I do not want to try rear end bomb chocolate or whatever it is thank you all the same I'll stick with the real deal.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
This is like getting angry at campbell's soup

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Arian_Samurai posted:

This is like getting angry at campbell's soup

I'm very passionate about my culture... which I guess includes Hershey bars. Please understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
i wonder if euros ever find out just how cheap everything is over here theyd revolt immediately. Because whenever some eurodude says rent is so cheap here its X, or this belgian chocolate is so cheap at Y.

I lol.

• Locked thread