Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

yeah my health insurance is real expensive i wish i was american

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

i wonder if euros ever find out just how cheap everything is over here theyd revolt immediately. Because whenever some eurodude says rent is so cheap here its X, or this belgian chocolate is so cheap at Y.

I lol.

i might die because our medical system is utterly broken but hey at least i got that bomb rear end smartphone on the cheap

it's a matter of priorities i suppose

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I see the OP is still super insecure about America's inherent superiority over his lovely island full of ugly douchebags

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

the jizz taxi posted:

i might die because our medical system is utterly broken but hey at least i got that bomb rear end smartphone on the cheap

it's a matter of priorities i suppose

try again

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
*spends 1/2 of monthly salary on health care that doesn't even cover anything worse or less malign than a broken arm*

yeeeuppp sure is the land of the free here gimme that 59c cheeseburber

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
*thinks their drastically higher cost of living even including things like that has nothing to do with it

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
It doesn't, I pay way less for health care than you do. It's expensive here cause of taxes n that

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

all milk chocolate is poo poo. dark chocolate is fine

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Sheen Sheen posted:

I see the OP is still super insecure about America's inherent superiority over his lovely island full of ugly douchebags

I'm terribly sorry i couldn't quite hear you over the noise of our superior healthcare, culture, chocolate, cheese and cricket team.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

concerned mom posted:

It doesn't, I pay way less for health care than you do. It's expensive here cause of taxes n that

Thank you for this post.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

A misanthrope posted:

i'm not an expert or anything, but as i said i do work in a loving chocolate factory that has an attached store that sells every chocolate ever made and

yeah hershey's aint bad

it is different, but I agree that doesn't make it automatically inferior. If you're used to Hersheys some euro chocolate actually tastes kinda bland. Some traditional cheeses have butyric acid or similar compounds in them also and again only people who aren't accustomed to them dislike it.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

I'm terribly sorry i couldn't quite hear you over the noise of our superior healthcare, culture, chocolate, cheese and cricket team.

oh no not the cricket team!

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
*watches a bunch of uk mutants eat pansy chocolate and play a more feminine form of baseball*

Truly.... A great nation....

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

chocolate is for wimmins and fat people OP. i mean shoving some processed-to-hell-and-back chocolate/sugar/fat product down your throat is fine and all but that's not really the same as enjoying the fine qualities of aroma and taste or whatever the gently caress you limp wristed pinkos across the pond have in mind. also that's still for fat people

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 8, 2014

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i shoved cheap chocolate with hazelnuts down my throat, again forgetting that my digestion reacts to nuts like they were shrapnel

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

big duck equals goose posted:

*watches a bunch of uk mutants eat pansy chocolate and play a more feminine form of baseball*

Truly.... A great nation....

Baseball is rounders for pansies
Basketball is the same as netball (netball is a girls game)
Ice Hockey is just Hockey except on ice and they wear pads for some reason?! Maybe to help pull off their pirouettes easier?
American football is like a wimps version of Rugby with massive pads so you can't feel anything, except they wear lycra trousers cos I guess it makes it easier to penetrate or something idk

Let's not even get into wrestling, it's like the gayest thing ever grabbing each others sweaty ball sacks I bet the orgies are epic.

Nascar?! Great, let's drive in a circle for hundreds of laps what a boring lovely race.

I cannot think of a single US sport that isn't something where they have taken an existing sport and changed it so that they can say they are the best at it and it fits around their regular ad breaks every 5 seconds so they can be sold more consumerist rubbish.

:smuggo:

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
in the nation of america, jaywalking is a crime

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Dravs posted:

Baseball is rounders for pansies
Basketball is the same as netball (netball is a girls game)
Ice Hockey is just Hockey except on ice and they wear pads for some reason?! Maybe to help pull off their pirouettes easier?
American football is like a wimps version of Rugby with massive pads so you can't feel anything, except they wear lycra trousers cos I guess it makes it easier to penetrate or something idk

Let's not even get into wrestling, it's like the gayest thing ever grabbing each others sweaty ball sacks I bet the orgies are epic.

Nascar?! Great, let's drive in a circle for hundreds of laps what a boring lovely race.

I cannot think of a single US sport that isn't something where they have taken an existing sport and changed it so that they can say they are the best at it and it fits around their regular ad breaks every 5 seconds so they can be sold more consumerist rubbish.

:smuggo:

I like your attitude kid, I would be proud to adopt you as an American.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Canadian Smarties are much better than American Smarties.

davestones
May 7, 2009
At what point does milk chocolate become dark chocolate?

Also 80-100% cocoa chocolate just tastes like poison. Everyone knows milka is the best milk chocolate.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

davestones posted:

Also 80-100% cocoa chocolate just tastes like poison. Everyone knows milka is the best milk chocolate.

80-90 is best. Milk is for babies and if you need milk in your chocolate you are a big loving baby.

"oh no my chocolate is slightly bitter, better mix in some buckets of sugar and milk!!!"

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Why the gently caress do people put rose petals in white chocolate.

Leave that poo poo for the bees.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

white chocolate is vile heresy

chocolate is the one instance where white is not right

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

davestones posted:

this is the european chocolate pro-choice. 70% is the sweet spot between unpleasantly bitter and too sweet.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I always thought milk chocolate was gross. But really strong bittersweet chocolate isn't really good outside of baking either. 70% Dark Chocolate is definitely about the sweet spot for me. Trader Joes sells a huge rear end block of it for $4 and it's pretty good.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

white chocolate is vile heresy

chocolate is the one instance where white is not right

counterpoint: white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies are loving good

but yeah white chocolate is just chocolate fat or something, it has it's uses but not for general eating

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

godiva is really popular among rich white mexicans with ferarri shirts, like buying tons of it

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Bedshaped posted:

this is the european chocolate pro-choice. 70% is the sweet spot between unpleasantly bitter and too sweet.

Truth. On a lark I've tried some 90% once, but at that point it's really just bitter and nothing else. 70% owns, though.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

When someone from England comes over for the first time, I usually give them a Hershey's bar and look at the reaction on their face when they eat it.

Also, Crunchie bars are the best

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

lol at all of these people who think they know a thing about chocolate

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

WhyteRyce posted:

When someone from England comes over for the first time, I usually give them a Hershey's bar and look at the reaction on their face when they eat it.

Also, Crunchie bars are the best

Give them Reeses afterwards and they'll love you forever.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

gggiiimmmppp posted:

lol at all of these people who think they know a thing about chocolate

lol if you buy that literal slave child process garbage you sick gently caress

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
what the gently caress, there sure is some chocolate elitism in this thread. you know, the thing you dont have direct involvement in how "good" it is.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Cadbury is pretty bad now especially after Kraft bought them out and moved all production to a sweaty builder's rear end in a top hat. If you want good mass produced chocolate now you have to buy foreign muck at Aldi/Lidl.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

the jizz taxi posted:

chocolate and beer are both pretty cheap and high-quality in belgium, the premium price people abroad pay is because they're willing to pay it (+ import taxes I guess)

before you might think of moving here, however, this is our outgoing secretary for immigration and many an immigrant's dark nemesis

and she's aiming for minister of health care!

a morbidly obese minister of health care would be a great combo with a prime minister that wants to dissolve the country come to think of it.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

davestones posted:

I prefer 45% dark milk, anything beyond 50 is in (semi)bitter territory imo.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 8, 2014

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
turns out galaxy is the same stuff as dove, who knew

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
This thread is so wrong I think you should see a doctor to schedule a MRI

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug