Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
And was the author of the piece an SA lurker?

http://rt.com/usa/171220-obama-white-house-racist/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
these are good questions to ask

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

quote:

President Obama made an official response to the West Village News : gently caress you, CRACKERS!

- Fox News

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I don't really see the problem with the headline, it's meant to draw attention to the article being about clear and present racism and highlight that being subtle about it only makes it easier for people to deny their racism by hiding behind what language they did or didn't use. People who dislike obama's presence in the white house may not call him a friend of the family among company, but their opinion of him isn't any less racist just because they avoided a specific word. I guess maybe the problem here is the writer is a white person?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Seems more like a publicity stunt for the paper imo.
They could have used N****r instead, nobody would have noticed. But the problem does need to be addressed.
Personally the headline shocked me, only insofar as that it was a newspaper, not GBS that printed it lol.

• Locked thread