Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
The scene from City of God when Benny gets killed is pretty loving ripping.

Also the scene from Children of Men where the dude and the chick are spitting ping pong balls at each other then she gets shot in the neck.

What are some scenes that despite however many times you've seen the movie you still have some sort of reaction to what happens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
i always laugh when danny devito crawls out of the rhino's rear end in a top hat buck naked

Afro Doug
Aug 10, 2007

when dennis hopper says the n word in true romance. insane. out of this world. incredible.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tmhysD7NKg

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
When Harry Dean Stanton shakes that chain link fence and is all "BOYS! AVENGE ME! AVENNNNNNNGE MEEEEEEE!"

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
i feel nothing at all times

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
bobby peru - everything

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

David Copperfield posted:

i feel nothing at all times

as a real man should.

Wanna have sex?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
The one where you get nailed to a cross and cornholed by pakistanis, OP

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i always cry at taht one

Hoedown Throwdown
Mar 30, 2004
Ich esse Scheiße

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
That woman getting her eyes gouged in 28 Weeks Later

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I still get all misty eyed over Debbie Does Dallas.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
only seen it once but i bet the cumming blood scene in antichrist would get me next time

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jesus Christ posted:

The scene from City of God when Benny gets killed is pretty loving ripping.

Also the scene from Children of Men where the dude and the chick are spitting ping pong balls at each other then she gets shot in the neck.

What are some scenes that despite however many times you've seen the movie you still have some sort of reaction to what happens?

the cease fire scene from children of men always gets me

the ending to shawnshank redemption always get me teary eyed

babypolis fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 9, 2014

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEC_lkpD3rM

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I know now why you cry

but it is something I can never do

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The tracking shot at the Copa in Goodfellas. It doesn't make me cry or anything, it's just a really well done scene

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
this guy in my spanish class told me he masturbated while he watched the scene in south park where cartman shits fake treasure all over the floor on replay over and over and he asked me if that made him gay.

so i guess that scene.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

gently caress the ROW posted:

The one where you get nailed to a cross and cornholed by pakistanis, OP

i couldn't maintain my suspension of disbelief, there's no way a pakistani would put their dick in his rear end in a top hat

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Moeka's fragile state, hysterical screaming in steins;gate 19
Mima's "rape" in Perfect Blue
Asuka getting ripped to shreds in End of Evangelion
Kevin Cosgrove's 911 call where he dies mid sentence as the WTC he's in crumbles

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Saving private Ryan when the German dude they let go earlier knifes other dude in the house at the end. Ugh, when he realizes who it is and tries to reason with him just as the knife slides in......just thinking about it ruins my good mood.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
Not that it gets me sad, but no matter how many times I watch Carrie, I know the hand is going to shoot out of the grave and I still jump every time.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
When the Chief breaks the window and runs off at the end of One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

babypolis posted:

the cease fire scene from children of men always gets me

at the end of Return of the King when they're talking about the good things they remember from The Shire and Sam is like "Rosie Cotton, dancing. She had ribbons in her hair. If ever I were to marry someone, it would have been her."

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
oh also "KANEDA! What do you see??"

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Crow_Rodeo posted:

When Harry Dean Stanton shakes that chain link fence and is all "BOYS! AVENGE ME! AVENNNNNNNGE MEEEEEEE!"

Red Dawn was on a few days ago, wasn't it?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDYBL70eReo

:nyoron::hf::japan:

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
End of the grifters gets me choked up every time

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Brodie posted:

Saving private Ryan when the German dude they let go earlier knifes other dude in the house at the end. Ugh, when he realizes who it is and tries to reason with him just as the knife slides in......just thinking about it ruins my good mood.

Good news!

IMDB posted:

Many people who saw the film were confused as to whether the German soldier that kills Corporal Mellish is also "Steamboat Willie." They are in fact, different soldiers. The soldier that kills Mellish has Waffen SS lapel insignia, while "Steamboat Willie" has the lapel insignia of an enlisted soldier in the regular German Army.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Then why did he just let the translator guy go? What would make him not kill him or at least take him prisoner? Either way it's a brutal scene, the helplessness of it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
That scene in Ice Pirates when they're on the human slave conveyor belt about to get their junk snipped off, then the princess saves them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KcTCRSZBUU

Watch that and try NOT to be moved.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
op reminded me of that part in children of men when michael caine tells the guy to pull his finger but instead the guy shoots his face off. it's not even close to my favourite probably but it's the first thing i thought of

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Brodie posted:

Then why did he just let the translator guy go? What would make him not kill him or at least take him prisoner? Either way it's a brutal scene, the helplessness of it.

because he was a giant pussy and was no threat. To take him prisoner would be to recognize him as an actual soldier.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

The final pull-back shot in the original Solaris

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Yeah, that whole scene actually makes a lot less sense this way...

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
That'll do pig. That'll do.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I can't really handle scenes where people experience real loss since my sister died, it's hosed up to use that poo poo for entertainment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

When Lassie comes home.
also when the whole town saves Jimmy Stewart's hide at the end of It's a Wonderful Life.

• Locked thread