Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Agreed.

Hmmm, I wonder why quality took such a sharp hit after 05...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

Agreed.

Hmmm, I wonder why quality took such a sharp hit after 05...

real_scud when did you start working there

kidding

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

i just recovered an onside kick

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

zimbomonkey posted:

i just recovered an onside kick

i returned one for a TD like the 3rd day i had this game with Wes Welker :getin:

I have never recovered one this year. I recovered *many* of them last year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
the only way i have been able to recover an onside kick this year is by using squib kick and flicking the stick so fast that there is no power so that if i get the direction of the kick is perfectly straight the ball will bounce off the first blocker's helmet

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Dubious posted:

i returned one for a TD like the 3rd day i had this game with Wes Welker :getin:

I have never recovered one this year. I recovered *many* of them last year.

does madden actually allow you to do this? IIRC it's illegal to advance a recovered onside kick.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Metapod posted:

the only way i have been able to recover an onside kick this year is by using squib kick and flicking the stick so fast that there is no power so that if i get the direction of the kick is perfectly straight the ball will bounce off the first blocker's helmet

i used the onside, didn't change the direction and flicked the stick really fast. the end result is that the ball lands and stays in the middle of a bunch of opponents and they all try and fail to scoop it up while one of my players runs in and grabs it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

zimbomonkey posted:

does madden actually allow you to do this? IIRC it's illegal to advance a recovered onside kick.

It does. My opponent called me a human being then ragequit.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I don't have any idea where to ask this so here it goes: is Front Office Football Seven a decent game? I played ungodly hours of Elifoot 98/Football Manager 2005-2008 back in the day, but never a manager game about football.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 13, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna cook up a new thread today/tomorrow.

also, lol at you guys hyped for Joe Montana football, that poo poo is on mobile

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
How were we supposed to know :shrug:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Looks pretty drat good for a mobile game.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Metapod posted:

How were we supposed to know :shrug:

they hid that really well.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Wow I absolutely hate hate hate how Madden 16 looks in the gameplay video that's been posted. The button icons that pop up after you throw the ball look like they came straight out of Madden 2005. loving hate the guy playing for choosing the worst camera angle in the game too.

We'll see though.

Edit: I also chuckled when they demonstrated an "aggressive catch". Guess aggressive catch sounds better than face catch!

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 17, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
the game is going to ascend to new levels of bullshit cheese catches based on that trailer and it's going to be infuriating.

get your 6'6" wideouts ready

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dubious posted:

the game is going to ascend to new levels of bullshit cheese catches based on that trailer and it's going to be infuriating.

get your 6'6" wideouts ready

Dgb will definitely be on my ultimate team :getin:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

My ultimate team will be comprised of nothing but Beckham Jr's. Every. Single. Position.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna play Levine Totilo and his 6'8" rear end out of position at WR at x,y and z

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If Brandon Lloyd has his usual 90+ spectacular catch rating he could be broken

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHX30qR_ky8

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol we now can use the Seahawk strategy of they are not going to call every penalty

Now I want to see if crossing routes are fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Here's the new thread, closing dis

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726512

• Locked thread