Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Gotta love sitting at home looking at a boring timer instead of all that crap.

Stream is going live ASAP : https://www.twitch.tv/EliManningINTZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Only 30? GOW had over 200 of them nasty nerdlingers

I've heard Call of Duty ones are the worst, with people wearing their finest airsoft gear

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Few guys are having a heated argument about payer ratings. Like not just bullshitting around arguing, like going to get in a fight over Clowneys Madden OVR number.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Only 30? GOW had over 200 of them nasty nerdlingers

Like another 20 just showed up.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

davecrazy posted:

Few guys are having a heated argument about payer ratings. Like not just bullshitting around arguing, like going to get in a fight over Clowneys Madden OVR number.

Yell, "Sammy Watkins should have gone 1st overall" then point to some nerd and record the aftermath.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Tell them that Mike Alstott's 100 rating in Madden 2000 means that he is the greatest player to ever grace a football field

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I'm trying to make myself as small as possible. Not going to interact with anybody.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Alright, it's unlocked. Let's do this thing!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

10 SECONDS

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
YESSSS

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

One argument dude just challenged another one to a game of madden, offering up his gamertag. They can not play because one has ps4 the other is an xbox guy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

wow the preload actually worked!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Going to be streaming in a few minutes, probably some ultimate team: http://www.twitch.tv/radvaltar

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe
Anyone wanna goof around in a 1v1 match? This is my first time playing a football game on a playstation and I'm not a regular madden nut so I'm just looking for a friendly.

Anubis_Ankh_

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm ready to go. Who wants a game? PSN: dpcv8

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

davecrazy posted:

I'm ready to go. Who wants a game? PSN: dpcv8

I wanted to familiarize myself with the new Redskins playbook but if you wanna play one I'm down.

Just sent you an invite.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 26, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I just beat the Seahawks. Cool way to cover the installation of the game into the HD.

E: Streaming twitch.tv/dpcv8

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 26, 2014

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I haven't owned a football game since Joe Montana's Sportstalk Football.

People add and embarrass an old man PSN: ComradeFlynn

EDIT: Is there an online league thing?

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 26, 2014

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Is this how we call plays now? Did I not pick the right option?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Yeah it's all new.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Huh? So I don't get to look through and go through formations anymore? This is awkward to say the least.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Santheb posted:

Huh? So I don't get to look through and go through formations anymore? This is awkward to say the least.

There was an option to change it to the old way when i first loaded the game

edit: after i beat the seahawks

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Santheb posted:

What the gently caress? Really?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

There was an option to change it to the old way when i first loaded the game

edit: after i beat the seahawks

Yeah I thought I picked that. Man this is goofy. Nice drive Dave.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Dubious posted:

What the gently caress? Really?

Never mind I'm an idiot. Circle button.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Getting motion sickness from the constant camera panning between plays.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Has anyone that bought on PSN got the preorder bundle to work?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

It took my GameStop code no problem.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm watching Dave's stream. Is that defense cone thing as stupid as it looks?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

jabro posted:

I'm watching Dave's stream. Is that defense cone thing as stupid as it looks?

its a lot better than the qb cone

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Comrade Flynn posted:

Has anyone that bought on PSN got the preorder bundle to work?

If you go into the Madden store page there should be a Preorder Bundle section you can click on, go in there and click download and you should be good.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

Fun Shoe
First game I was completely unable to stop his run game. (I also fumbled once and had 2 picks but one was at a hail mary end of the 1st half). Lost 17-14. I was able to get over his CBs a few times and get some long throws in so that's still certainly a viable strategy. Just gotta figure out how to key my guys into run defense better.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
It still hasn't unlocked the XBOne digital download. I should have just saved 3 of my hours :(

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
TITANS WIN!! great game if not a bit unintuitive so far.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

human being Guy posted:

TITANS WIN!! great game if not a bit unintuitive so far.

Your drunk rear end better be up when i get this game

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

No idea why half the time you get a pulled back view and half the time and up close view.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Good game davecrazy. Thought you had me. Sorry about all the pauses and stuff while I figured out how to do poo poo. Play of the game was your TE stuff arming the gently caress out of my DB en route to a TD.

The directional buttons had something to do with it. I didn't like it, hosed with my pre-play offense too much.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

zimbomonkey posted:

It still hasn't unlocked the XBOne digital download. I should have just saved 3 of my hours :(

Xbone preload unlocks at 12 pacific unfortunately.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

The playcalling is extremely akward.

Picked it up at Walmart by the way. Stood in line for about 5 minutes with some smelly rednecks. Not the worst experience.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Also if any goons wanna play tomorrow night my gamertag is tylerdonchez. Add me on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Dubs I should be up.

Okay, so for the camera. What I have found so far is that the up and down buttons on the D-Pad are to zoom in and zoom out form your current view. Also, L3 may for some reason lock you to a certain player on offense or D, not quite sure yet after only 2 games.

e: My main problem was trying to press D-Pad "up" every play for hot routes, and changing the camera. To use hot routes you have to press triangle first then select a player.

Faggot Guy fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Aug 26, 2014

• Locked thread