Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

oldskool posted:

Most annoying thing. You get used to mashing a particular button to get through cutscenes and then on 4th down when the play call is most important you inadvertently call a mystery play because the playcall rules changed. :argh:

True madden players never kick anyways. You should be able to run a play blind and go through your progressions to put the team on your back Greg Jennings style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eternity test
Apr 30, 2006

real_scud posted:

It's actually setup so that on punts it will default the punt option to whatever your primary button layout is. So if you have it as Y/X/A from top to bottom it'll be the Y play, if you have A/X/Y it'll be the A play. Also you can hit any of the buttons to skip through the post-game play stuff, so hit A instead. Also you don't need to mash it to skip, just press it once and it should skip.

I'm on PS4 but yeah I get what you mean. The problem is hitting buttons to skip only seem to work after a certain point in the post-play animations so I hit the button maybe 3 times before I get to the point in the animations where it 'takes' and sometimes I push one too many times.

Anyway, was there a very slight delay between the point when you could see the play call menu and when you could actually select a play in the last gen Maddens?. I don't recall ever inadvertently selecting a play in last years version but in this it happened 10+ times before I learned not to try to get past the animations ASAP.

Edit: Also for the love of god please tell someone to look over the sack rates from the offenses right side vs the left side in singleplayer. Since at least Madden 12 the OLB/DE on the left side hasn't ever had more than like 5 sacks in a season in my franchises unless I control them manually, even when I have guys like Clay Matthews or JPP on the left. ~75 OVR scrubs on the right side routinely have 20-30 sack seasons though for some reason.

eternity test fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 27, 2014

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Are you playing with a team that has a garbage left tackle?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Knivbjorn posted:

I'm on PS4 but yeah I get what you mean. The problem is hitting buttons to skip only seem to work after a certain point in the post-play animations so I hit the button maybe 3 times before I get to the point in the animations where it 'takes' and sometimes I push one too many times.

Anyway, was there a very slight delay between the point when you could see the play call menu and when you could actually select a play in the last gen Maddens?. I don't recall ever inadvertently selecting a play in last years version but in this it happened 10+ times before I learned not to try to get past the animations ASAP.

On xbox one there seems to be some intentional annoying as all gently caress delay thing going on where they REALLY want you to see these loving interstitials and menus and bullshit left and right.

Is there a menu setting I'm not noticing that enables "just get to the loving game and don't show me a floaty thing with some dumbshit talking about my RB going for a -1 run" or something?

The game is not nearly as frustrating as the interface. It's been 26 years and we're still fighting the goddamn interface on the game while we play. Makes me remember why I stopped buying Madden games but I just had to pick up the latest-gen one now that I got an xbox one to replace my poor old dead 360.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Ty1990 posted:

Playing some exhibition games against the cpu on all madden.

Defense hard.
Passing hard.
Game hard.

Same here. Hopefully it's just a learning curve because I was getting killed last night. Will do some more drills and try again today

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Telex posted:

On xbox one there seems to be some intentional annoying as all gently caress delay thing going on where they REALLY want you to see these loving interstitials and menus and bullshit left and right.

Is there a menu setting I'm not noticing that enables "just get to the loving game and don't show me a floaty thing with some dumbshit talking about my RB going for a -1 run" or something?

The game is not nearly as frustrating as the interface. It's been 26 years and we're still fighting the goddamn interface on the game while we play. Makes me remember why I stopped buying Madden games but I just had to pick up the latest-gen one now that I got an xbox one to replace my poor old dead 360.

Madden might not be for you my friend......

eternity test
Apr 30, 2006

waah posted:

Are you playing with a team that has a garbage left tackle?

Why would my left tackle affect how many sacks my pass rushers get?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Knivbjorn posted:

Why would my left tackle affect how many sacks my pass rushers get?

Reading comprehension fail, Off my game lately holy poo poo. Sorry

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Yuzenn posted:

Madden might not be for you my friend......

Well until EA decides they want to pay the NCAA for using their likenesses, I'm stuck with it if I want to play football aren't I?

It had the better interface for the last 10 years or so and I'm pretty loving sad it's gone. Madden's the bloated bigger brother and it's a chore just to play it.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I like the new play calling menu except for how slow/unresponsive it is. Definitely enjoying the game though, best Madden since whenever the last PC release was.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Playing a preseason game, and Ponder is subbed in in the 4th quarter. He gets sacked, fumbles, and the LB takes off with it. Ponder then gets up and runs his rear end down and tackles the LB at my 20, and then gets called for a facemask on the tackle :v:

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
My favorite part of Madden so far is how the code from the Xbox One bundle still doesn't work.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Your first problem was buying an xbox. :(

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Dubious posted:

Playing a preseason game, and Ponder is subbed in in the 4th quarter. He gets sacked, fumbles, and the LB takes off with it. Ponder then gets up and runs his rear end down and tackles the LB at my 20, and then gets called for a facemask on the tackle :v:

How much did Goddell fine him?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Anyone see this yet in your game?

https://vine.co/v/Ml6vwDpYedA

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

MrChupon posted:

Anyone see this yet in your game?

https://vine.co/v/Ml6vwDpYedA

:allears: I could watch this all day

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
it's just like in M25 on PS4 where a QB would wind up to make a pass and then the ball would shoot 70 yards backwards in an instant and result in 3rd and 75

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Cool, someone bought by Terrelle Pryor card in MUT for 5,300 coins.

Edit: Got another Pryor card and it sold for 5K again lol.

Javes fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 28, 2014

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Javes posted:

Cool, someone bought by Terrelle Pryor card in MUT for 5,300 coins.

Nice, i just got 7K for MJD.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Anyone live streaming?

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

AfterFather posted:

Anyone live streaming?

I will, just playing some MUT. https://www.twitch.tv/elimanningintz

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

AfterFather posted:

Anyone live streaming?

streaming on twitch psn davidbonham

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Anyone wanna play a bit tonight? PSN Anubis_Ankh_

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
someone in ps4 land trade me a WR in MUT, my best one is Jacoby Ford :stonk:

I have an ..81 cutler.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This was an interception with one second reminding in the 4th quarter, so it was just a massive gently caress you.

D_I
Aug 31, 2004

Dubious posted:

someone in ps4 land trade me a WR in MUT, my best one is Jacoby Ford :stonk:

I have an ..81 cutler.
I got deandre Hopkins Brandon cooks and joe Morgan, who ya want?

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
This MUT poo poo is so confusing

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Played 3 online MUT games and won them all via rage quit in the 4th quarter. Why do people quit so much? It's not like you avoid the loss by quitting.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Javes posted:

Played 3 online MUT games and won them all via rage quit in the 4th quarter. Why do people quit so much? It's not like you avoid the loss by quitting.

Dey mad.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
I'm mad that I didn't realize you could get Clowney... Mack is ok I guess

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I've been having fun playing the solo challenges in Ultimate Team but earlier I played a head to head game against a young child who shrieked into the mic the entire game. It was sorta funny at first, then became infuriating when he started kicking my rear end. Anyway, is there a way to permanently mute other players?

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Wish I had a kinect to record awesome plays whichever I don't. Easiest way?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

der juicen posted:

Wish I had a kinect to record awesome plays whichever I don't. Easiest way?

Press the share button on the PS4 controller.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

davecrazy posted:

Press the share button on the PS4 controller.

Sorry about last night, I had work early in the AM. I'm down to play sometime tonight if you want.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Inside Outside posted:

I've been having fun playing the solo challenges in Ultimate Team but earlier I played a head to head game against a young child who shrieked into the mic the entire game. It was sorta funny at first, then became infuriating when he started kicking my rear end. Anyway, is there a way to permanently mute other players?

It is a PS4 profile option. I think if you go into friends > recently played you can find the profile there and mute them forever.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Fun facts!

EA is so goddamn lazy for TCF Bank Stadium, they copy and pasted it over the Metrodome's files in CFM. So it's a 32 year old shithole with no concessions and loses you money every week :bravo:

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Dubious posted:

Fun facts!

EA is so goddamn lazy for TCF Bank Stadium, they copy and pasted it over the Metrodome's files in CFM. So it's a 32 year old shithole with no concessions and loses you money every week :bravo:

I feel like I know the answer but do they get the (or a) new stadium after two seasons.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

I feel like I know the answer but do they get the (or a) new stadium after two seasons.

haven't got that far yet.

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla
Does anyone know if you can apply two Ultimate Edition MUT codes? I've got two of them and was wondering if I could double up on packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

GeauxSteve posted:

Does anyone know if you can apply two Ultimate Edition MUT codes? I've got two of them and was wondering if I could double up on packs.

You were not able to in previous Maddens.

• Locked thread