Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
the following list of GBS Approved Things You Can Like™ was created to help you!

being an adult is NOT about deciding for yourself what you will wear, watch, eat and listen to, but rather it's making sure you conform to certain GBS-approved standards as much as possible.

LIKE THESE OR YOU ARE A MANBABY

- steaks (expensive cuts and only rare)

- swim briefs that show off your dick

- arthouse films

- fedoras

- music made before 1965

- cigars (only super expensive)

- golf

- expensive clothes

- expensive food

- expensive drinks (remember -- if it costs lots of $$ that means it's for adults)

What does GBS NOT approve of? Well gosh are you in for a ride! We don't have room for everything so here are the highlights:

HATE THESE OR YOU ARE A MANBABY

- ketchup

- hersheys chocolate (lol gross right? lol it's literal poop)

- pretty much all food that isn't handpicked by an organic farmer and delivered by wagon to an upscale grocery store

- regular swimming trunks for some reason

- any popular movie

- any popular music

- cartoons

- video games

- cheap clothing

- fun

- colors

I know I missed a bunch of stuff so please help me add to the list! We need to teach newbies how to stop making decisions for themselves.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jul 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
http://www.buzzfeed.com/justinabarca/things-every-self-respecting-man-over-30-should-own

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

you are wrong, expensive clothes are for gay dumb babies

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a good post AL Cowens you'll fit in great here *offers you cigar and expensive whiskey*

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~
As a fully-functioning adult, you must ABSOLUTELY hate reddit, as our forums are much better. You must also hate MLP but tolerate/enjoy Adventure Time, a cartoon made for children

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

A misanthrope posted:

the following list of GBS Approved Things You Can Like™ was created to help you!

being an adult is NOT about deciding for yourself what you will wear, watch, eat and listen to, but rather it's making sure you conform to certain GBS-approved standards as much as possible.

LIKE THESE OR YOU ARE A MANBABY

- steaks (expensive cuts and only rare)

- swim briefs that show off your dick

- arthouse films

- fedoras

- music made before 1965

- cigars (only super expensive)

- golf

- expensive clothes

- expensive food

- expensive drinks (remember -- if it costs lots of $$ that means it's for adults)

What does GBS NOT approve of? Well gosh are you in for a ride! We don't have room for everything so here are the highlights:

HATE THESE OR YOU ARE A MANBABY

- ketchup

- hersheys chocolate (lol gross right? lol it's literal poop)

- pretty much all food that isn't handpicked by an organic farmer and delivered by wagon to an upscale grocery store

- regular swimming trunks for some reason

- any popular movie

- any popular music

- cartoons

- video games

- cheap clothing

- fun

- colors

I know I missed a bunch of stuff so please help me add to the list! We need to teach newbies how to stop making decisions for themselves.

thats a weird way to spell hipster, op.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jul 9, 2014

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
don't forget cars because goons are poors that would rather make oil tycoons richer rather thank keep their own money

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

thank you mods for adding fedoras to my list! can't forget the classy hats of the true adult gentleman as seen on popular hit series Mad Mens

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
WHICH ONE OF YOU MODS TOUCHED MY POST?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like getting tax deductions am I an adult

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
don't forget cartoons are fine if they're animes op

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
where do we stand on hotdogs?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
on the side of history. AGAINST

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Posting lists on the internet makes you a forever baby. Also posting on the internet at all makes you a forever baby. Stop giving advice you virgin failures.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Obscuritatem posted:

don't forget cartoons are fine if they're animes op

oh yes i forgot

remember newbies that your sense of wonder and imagination can only be expressed through watching anime jailbait hit each other with big swords

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube

hmmm, indeed. i'll buy one of these fine prints for my study. *adjusts swim briefs*

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

What's cool about this article is how it expressly says on several occasions that you should own this or that particular item not because of its utility to you but because of what it symbolically represents or in other words that you should own this not because you are a man but in order to have the appearance of a man you should own this.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

4outof5 posted:

Posting lists on the internet makes you a forever baby. Also posting on the internet at all makes you a forever baby. Stop giving advice you virgin failures.

think you i will add "using the internet for anything other than hot stock tips" to the list

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

who the gently caress writes this poo poo

is it ironic?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

hemale in pain posted:

who the gently caress writes this poo poo

is it ironic?

mag
Feb 9, 2007

fuck this

i'm out
and can i please underline the fact that a fedora is not the same as a trilby jesus christ

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
haha where did the swim trunks thing come from?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Full Metal Jackass posted:

haha where did the swim trunks thing come from?

this stupid poo poo: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3649220

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

poo poo, I just bought some trunks and not nearly enough of my tiny dick is noticeable in them. I hope nobody at the beach makes fun of me.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Full Metal Jackass posted:

poo poo, I just bought some trunks and not nearly enough of my tiny dick is noticeable in them. I hope nobody at the beach makes fun of me.

if you master the dick shake maneuver it'll make up for your size

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXHT9QgVg7U

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
I am an adult baby and I have made a big stinky poopey in my diapey. It is warm and gross but I like the way it squishes between my butt cheeks and underneath my legs.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:eyepop:

now that is the kind of take-action business suit with no-tie adult we need around here *gives you promotion to VP of Anime*

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Once I tried to put ketchup on my burger and out of nowhere a razor sharp demonic fedora flew in from left-field and severed my burger-arm off clean. Through the ringing pain in my head I heard the ghostly hat speak "try reading goons with spoons once in a while"

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

concerned mom posted:

Once I tried to put ketchup on my burger and out of nowhere a razor sharp demonic fedora flew in from left-field and severed my burger-arm off clean. Through the ringing pain in my head I heard the ghostly hat speak "try reading goons with spoons once in a while"

When I was picking out swim trunks a large figure rose from the middle of the circular rack, wearing a half-mask so that only a neck beard was visible. The neckbeard jiggled and communicated almost telepathically with me, "don't make the conscious decision to look like a child". The figure then sank back into the rack.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
i'm on some sir poo poo atm op

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

"Hey buy this black suit so you can look like a loving dick everywhere that's not a parent's funeral or the mortuary you work at."

Edit: Also this

Jim Barris posted:

What's cool about this article is how it expressly says on several occasions that you should own this or that particular item not because of its utility to you but because of what it symbolically represents or in other words that you should own this not because you are a man but in order to have the appearance of a man you should own this.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
buzzfeed is....poo poo????

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Stocks. Sadly I'm part of the everyone who can't afford a stock

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

concerned mom posted:

Stocks. Sadly I'm part of the everyone who can't afford a stock

real post: if you have a 401K from a job or whatever that's a good place to start getting interested in it. that's how i got started and now I put my meager savings into long-term ETFs and stuff and it's actually kind of fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
drinking, fighting, and loving

• Locked thread