Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

mr.capps posted:

when 8 years old do it is sometimes cute

when grown adults act that way its just sad

Yes, when grown adults act like adults, pobresita, muy tristo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Maoist Pussy posted:

Yes, when grown adults act like adults, pobresita, muy tristo.

stop purposely being a dumbass

acting like an adult is adult behavior, yes. because you are a adult being an adult.

liking only "adult" things is childish behavior, because you are a adult who cares too much that you look like an adult.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Liking a whole shitload of childish poo poo and having negligible capacity for adult tastes is the main channel here, though, not whatever dumb fantasy you are yammering about.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Maoist Pussy posted:

Liking a whole shitload of childish poo poo and having negligible capacity for adult tastes is the main channel here, though, not whatever dumb fantasy you are yammering about.

you just said "having negligible capacity for adult tastes" unironically.
you are part of the problem.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Things mature grown-ups do: Get real mad about other peoples' dicks

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Al Cowens posted:

i just throw a fit when i watch labyrinth

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Al Cowens posted:

I'm really mad that a lot of people's dicks aren't in my mouth and rear end in a top hat, personally. Absolutely furious. If only I didn't have this job and this stupid wife and kids I could live this dream life of dicks in my mouth, unfortunately I have obligations and that's what being an adult is all about.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
just chiming in to say mr. capps is 100% correct in this argument maoist

ok gotta go be an adult at work byeeeeee

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Everything Maoist Pussy posts stinks of teenage boy trying way too hard to be a grown-up

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Patrick Nagel paintings on every wall. A copy of Sports by Huey Lewis and the News. Water activated gel cleanser, an exfoliating gel scrub, a deep pore cleanser lotion, herb and mint facial mask, apricot honey body spray and a protective moisturizing facial lotion. A chainsaw.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

God Of Paradise posted:

Patrick Nagel paintings on every wall. A copy of Sports by Huey Lewis and the News. Water activated gel cleanser, an exfoliating gel scrub, a deep pore cleanser lotion, herb and mint facial mask, apricot honey body spray and a protective moisturizing facial lotion. A chainsaw.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

also lol this is me

:newlol:

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
i just mostly like to know if i invite a person to a wedding or something that the person will show up dressed clean and normally and not like a retarded clown.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ZombieParts posted:

i just mostly like to know if i invite a person to a wedding or something that the person will show up dressed clean and normally and not like a retarded clown.

Last wedding I went to a few members of the bride's hillbilly family wore sweatpants and t-shirts. Although they were so fat it may have been hard to find formal wear. Also I live in the Midwest. What I'm saying is I didn't think much of it at the time.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Anyone mention vapes?

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

vOv posted:

You know when you were a kid and your dad was shaving and you'd pretend-shave beside him because you thought it made you look grown-up? Everything Redditors do is that same talismanic grasping at symbols of adulthood and sophistication tinged with an air of desperately overthinking it while completely missing the point.

If I use a real straight-razor and make my own lather with a badger brush then that makes me manly and attractive, even though I have scraggly unkempt hair and I'm 50 pounds overweight. If I wear a fedora it will make me cool and sophisticated, even though I'm wearing it with jorts and a le meme t-shirt. If I smoke an ecig then I look hard-boiled and interesting, even though my baby palate means I have to puff candy-flavored clouds of nicotine water from a robot's dick.
hth

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

it does! this is awesome! mods please sticky

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

It is a FACT that the downfall of world society began as soon as it stopped being socially acceptable for ladies to wear thong leotards at the gym.

and shaved pussy. Show a dude under the age of 25 an unshaven oussy and they'll scream it's a dude or something

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Armani posted:

and shaved pussy. Show a dude under the age of 25 an unshaven oussy and they'll scream it's a dude or something

you know who's a big fan of hairless pussy?

hint: he also likes star trek

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

Paper towels, as many as possible

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

ZombieParts posted:

Do u get married a lot? Or do u like to invite people to other people's weddings or something? If u had 1 wedding u already failed let alone multiple

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Sancho posted:

If u had 1 wedding u already failed let alone multiple

I like you sancho :hf:

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

hey honey u want to have sex tonight?

hm maybe lets negotiate!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Sancho posted:

hey honey u want to have sex tonight?

hm maybe lets negotiate!

hey i didn't put "gross sex" in my things adults like list. Thanks for reminding me!

*goes out to buy duct tape and condoms*

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i'm the adult who makes over 40 shitposts per day in GBS

also all the stuff about expensive cigars and liquor, and being really fat

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

A misanthrope posted:

Last wedding I went to a few members of the bride's hillbilly family wore sweatpants and t-shirts. Although they were so fat it may have been hard to find formal wear. Also I live in the Midwest. What I'm saying is I didn't think much of it at the time.

What did you wear?

Sancho posted:

Do u get married a lot?

yes

Sancho posted:

Or do u like to invite people to other people's weddings or something?

or something

Sancho posted:

If u had 1 wedding u already failed let alone multiple

what

phobo
Aug 7, 2008
aw gee i sure would like another cup of coffee but i'm cutting back on caffeine!

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

you clear that post with the old lady?

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

let me add another piece of GBS wisdom to the pile:

quote:

moving trucks are how grown ups move their things from one home to another, not being able to fit all your belongings in the bed of a pickup is a sign of maturity

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

ZombieParts posted:

What did you wear?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

the true mark of adulthood is unhappiness, overcompensation, emotional repression and a lack of meaningful relationships

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

icantfindaname posted:

the true mark of adulthood is unhappiness, overcompensation, emotional repression and a lack of meaningful relationships

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

icantfindaname posted:

i'm the adult who makes over 40 shitposts per day in GBS

also all the stuff about expensive cigars and liquor, and being really fat

mark me down for "in the process of getting fat"

icantfindaname posted:

yeah :(

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

Some guy from my ex-job gave me a whole bag of comic books that had been sitting in a drawer(the throw this away for me special.) I am 30 years old and have never touched a comic book. I was taken aback by how brightly colored, flimsy, and filled with ads for children they where and couldn't even read a single one because they where filled with 'super heros' which where pretty clearly authoritarian comfort food for vile little kids. Being an adult is pretending to appreciate this gift and hiding it in my own home for months in case he ever wanted them back. If I ever have children I will most definitely throw them out to make absolute certain they never find them and become comic fans. When I was a little child I liked Underworld, Steven and Mankies in the New York Press and I feel these are proper comics for young kids.

Those sound like DC Comics, you need to read some Marvel. Hawkeye, Daredevil and Superior Foes of Spider-Man are all good right now.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

AdvancesMONKEY posted:

Some guy from my ex-job gave me a whole bag of comic books that had been sitting in a drawer(the throw this away for me special.) I am 30 years old and have never touched a comic book. I was taken aback by how brightly colored, flimsy, and filled with ads for children they where and couldn't even read a single one because they where filled with 'super heros' which where pretty clearly authoritarian comfort food for vile little kids. Being an adult is pretending to appreciate this gift and hiding it in my own home for months in case he ever wanted them back. If I ever have children I will most definitely throw them out to make absolute certain they never find them and become comic fans. When I was a little child I liked Underworld, Steven and Mankies in the New York Press and I feel these are proper comics for young kids.

american comic companies haven't bothered marketing those comics to kids in 30+ years. literally 100% of the audience is adult men.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah it has been pretty much that way since the 60s when Marvel was like "huh all these college kids like this crazy Nick Fury badass and Silver Surfer hippie poo poo"

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't read your list or this thread because I'm an adult and I'll like whatever I please *fires up teletubbies on netflix*

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Warchicken posted:

I didn't read your list or this thread because I'm an adult and I'll like whatever I please *fires up teletubbies on netflix*

bu-bu-but i need you to validate me as an adult by noticing how suave and better than you i am!!!!!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

hey guys you remember that thread about watches months and months ago and there were people talking about their loving rolexes and that one guy told everyone he had like a $40,000 watch and goons were defending his purchase?

"well it depends on where he works, because if his bosses and clients have expensive watches then he also has to wear a down payment on a house!"

why not just strap on a laser that burns the eyes out of homeless people? just go ahead and eat a crack baby.

the more expensive the thing is, the more adult you appear right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

A misanthrope posted:

the more expensive the thing is, the more adult you appear right?

no it depends what kind of thing

• Locked thread