Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
Just learned that my nephew is autistic. He even does that autistic laugh/tick like this autistic savant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

autism is the missing link between homosapien and homosingularity

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

a practising clinical psychologist told me with a really earnest expression that autism is the next evolutionary step

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
he will be able to make really good minecraft mods, so thats something

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007

Corridor posted:

a practising clinical psychologist told me with a really earnest expression that autism is the next evolutionary step

If we're going backwards. Which wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Find ways to identify savants, and place them into a sort of slavery where they toil in a field the excell in for the greater good of humanity, and castrate the rest.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
One of the things that people don't understand about evolution is that it is about the survival of the group and not the individual. So like gay people, if we were to take a very narrow view of evolution it would be easy to ask the question why are there still gay people if they don't reproduce very often, well many scientists say that having gays in the family/social unit would be very beneficial over all because of their fabulousness and for example as gays would not be viewed as a threat they could stay back with the womans and gossip and decorate and protect them with their hot gym bods while the grunts go out and hunt/gather which means families with gays tend to be more successful long term leaving gays everywhere.

So if you look at it in a broad way you have really lovely genetics and any woman considering mating with you should consider the obvious warning sign that your family does not have the superior gay genes and instead has lovely autist genetics that will bring down humanity if any of you are allowed to continue to breed.

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

in the future all money will be colored blocks and all autists will be bankers

utopia

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Three Olives posted:

One of the things that people don't understand about evolution is that it is about the survival of the group and not the individual. So like gay people, if we were to take a very narrow view of evolution it would be easy to ask the question why are there still gay people if they don't reproduce very often, well many scientists say that having gays in the family/social unit would be very beneficial over all because of their fabulousness and for example as gays would not be viewed as a threat they could stay back with the womans and gossip and decorate and protect them with their hot gym bods while the grunts go out and hunt/gather which means families with gays tend to be more successful long term leaving gays everywhere.

So if you look at it in a broad way you have really lovely genetics and any woman considering mating with you should consider the obvious warning sign that your family does not have the superior gay genes and instead has lovely autist genetics that will bring down humanity if any of you are allowed to continue to breed.

lol

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
wikipedia is pretty great to have so thanks autism

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

THS posted:

autism is the missing link between homosapien and homosingularity

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

It is an evolutionary step. But the bigger brains that got us to where we are today as well as Cystic Fibrosis are both evolutionary steps.

Whether a mutation will advance humanity remains to be seen as it depends on long term environment and overall society. Just remember that a lot of what we deem to be the fittest doesn't necessarily correlate with how nature works.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Corridor posted:

his guess is as good as mine

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
legos, sonic, and trains will be the main forms of entertainment in the future

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
what if they called for a war, but all the soldiers were too socially inept to understand what an order is, and instead started collecting butterflies?

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

can a austist have children who are not austists? does anyone know? has it happened?

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
sonic the hedgehog technology will rise and eventually you will be able to spin dash in green hill zone in perfect 3d

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Tim Raines IRL posted:

what if they called for a war, but all the soldiers were too socially inept to understand what an order is, and instead started collecting butterflies?

Then someone will explain the second tile in the third zone of the new sonic re-release of the original HD collection is out of alignment and then the soldiers will go commit genocide.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
It Won't.

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Why do autists obsess over Sonic while normal people like Mario?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Chris Awful posted:

Why do autists like Sonic while normal people like Mario?

Because sonic is fast like a train

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
in the future, war would cease to exist. not because of world peace but due to the extreme stimulus it brings in the form of noise and light.

five star restaurants would serve delectable dishes such as chicken nuggets, pizza, macaroni and cheese, and fish sticks.

instead of cars, people will run from to point a to b with their arms swept back like an anime ninja

drugs and alcohol will be illegal, cause they are icky and bitter

video game music played at various speeds will top the music charts

jorts and fedoras will be the mainstay of fashion

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
you think people like ulililia are the future? no, they are only alive because normal people go through the trouble of keeping them so. unless your idea of the future is having autistic slaves we lead around in chain leashes now that I can get behind

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

lonesomedwarf posted:

can a austist have children who are not austists? does anyone know? has it happened?

They'd have to have sex with someone first, so it's a moot point.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

uG posted:

you think people like ulililia are the future? no, they are only alive because normal people go through the trouble of keeping them so. unless your idea of the future is having autistic slaves we lead around in chain leashes now that I can get behind

normal people in the future are referred to as mom units

they are a servant class, merely existing to feed, clothe, and maintain the status quo

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Glasgow Kiss posted:

in the future, war would cease to exist. not because of world peace but due to the extreme stimulus it brings in the form of noise and light.

five star restaurants would serve delectable dishes such as chicken nuggets, pizza, macaroni and cheese, and fish sticks.

instead of cars, people will run from to point a to b with their arms swept back like an anime ninja

drugs and alcohol will be illegal, cause they are icky and bitter

video game music played at various speeds will top the music charts

My nephew watches youtube let's play all day and plays minecraft when not playing with legos. He's seven years old and home schooled. Pretty accurate about the food too. Also he thinks you are supposed to narrate as you play video games thanks to those loving youtube let's plays. He hasn't watched Naruto yet, thankfully.

Also, I took him to the movie theater for the first time. He wouldn't go in because of the loud noises. I acted like a father of the year to get him in a seat without disrupting other movie goers.

Chris Awful fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 9, 2014

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

america will finally have a good mass transit network and everyone will be vaccinated

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Wild T posted:

They'd have to have sex with someone first, so it's a moot point.

Sex with an autistic person is basically pedophilia since they have the mental and emotional maturity of a 5 year old.

And autism mostly affects white males so when all white males have autism no one will breed with them and the white race will go extinct.

That's how autism will advance humanity.

Drunk Johnny
Jul 8, 2013

ripvb
was forest gump autistic

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
guys

autism

roflmao

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
have you heard about autistic people? hilarious

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Yaldabaoth posted:

Sex with an autistic person is basically pedophilia since they have the mental and emotional maturity of a 5 year old.

And autism mostly affects white males so when all white males have autism no one will breed with them and the white race will go extinct.

That's how autism will advance humanity.

... but white men have contributed the most to the advancement of humanity ...

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
whenever I'm feeling down about life i just write "AUTISM" in big letters on a piece of paper and look at it. Cheers me right up and i laugh for five minutes straight.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ladyboy pancake posted:

whenever I'm feeling down about life i just write "AUTISM" in big letters on a piece of paper and look at it. Cheers me right up and i laugh for five minutes straight.

me too

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Sometimes i write it in even bigger letters and laugh for eight minutes.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

or ill watch that youtube video about garfield but everything is drawn really badly and everything is spelled wrong. who ate the three cheese pizza garfielf, lol

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ladyboy pancake posted:

Sometimes i write it in even bigger letters and laugh for eight minutes.

that is taking it too far you should be ashamed.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Seriously, there's nothing cool about being autistic. Autism can only advance humanity through its comorbid depression and eventual suicide :smith:

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

This thread is autastic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
Worked out pretty great for Tesla, Mozart and Turing.

Wait, no it didn't.

• Locked thread