Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

1gnoirents posted:

alright this thread has learned me that I do in fact want to go to any of these for lols or rare hot p00n

thanks SA you always help me out

same. would totally do tolki for sloppy octets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
with a shape of an L on his forehead

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Is an anime convention different than a comicon? I went to a comicon one time and it was just a yard sale in a building that I had to pay $60 to get in and was super lame.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
dudes got eyebrows that just keep on going. almost looks like he is p.crosseyed too

Decrepus posted:

Is an anime convention different than a comicon? I went to a comicon one time and it was just a yard sale in a building that I had to pay $60 to get in and was super lame.

no but more guests that people have heard of show up at comicon to 'interact with fans'

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

BigBoss posted:

sexy cosplay

good art goon

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Decrepus posted:

Yes, Comic-Cons lately bring in movie/TV show guests which greatly expanded the demographic (though comic books are still the anchor) so you get a lot more socially able and well-functioning people that want to meet the "guy from Sons of Anarchy". There are weirdos there, no lie, but they are so few and far between you can laugh at them and feel better about yourself as everyone else does.

That's assuming you go to one of the bigger regional ones that rents a proper venue and books quality guests (a hotel ballroom rented is a big red flag, avoid).

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
I have had sex at a scifi/comic convention. AMA

Aug 4, 2010

Big McHuge posted:

how big was his penis?

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

www posted:

how big was his penis?

Thankfully there were never any "surprises" like that.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Big McHuge posted:

how groomed do those nerds keep their fun parts?

i assume 0 cause why would you waste effort on that when your not using it lol

also takes time away from levelz

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

BadLlama posted:

I don't recall any massive bushes. Neatly trimmed or shaved. I'm sure there are cases of poor grooming, but that's probably true from any pool of people.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
not sure about nerdcons but i heard furcons are really bad about spreading HIV because when a bunch of losers get together in a suck n gently caress for 3 days straight people do stupid poo poo like not wrapping up

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

wonder wich tier of attractive woman i am...

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cool Blue Reason posted:

considering you're a goon you could be either landwhale or crossplay, likely a combination of both with some neckbeard thrown in for good measure

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

naem posted:

Why do they call talking to women game, personally I like women and enjoy talking to them and also sometimes they smell nice.

they're all big fans of classic ice cube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STtwzLVAa1s

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

wait that webpage wasnt written by the onion or something holy poo poo rofl god dman

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

BadLlama posted:

lets just put it this way, :nws:stuff like this almost certainly never happens:nws: unless it's slamwhales

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cool Blue Reason posted:

redpiller1985 is a dude who has been taught the red pill thanks to the greats like Roosh, El mech, and many countless other RVF contributor

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

Some guys on Indiegogo are prototyping busses full of showers to help the homeless, I'd like to see a version that can fit inside the Double Tree exhibit hall B for these pathetic wastes.

lmao if u dont go to that con and just sleep in the space lounge the whole time

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

real life ash ketchum. Gettin cucked by brock and the boys.

Cool Blue Reason posted:

whats your viewer rating?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
the costume i'm gonna wear next convention is an alien spaceship and i'm just gonna stand too close to people

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Lazerbeam posted:

The guy on the right looks so smug

Because his codpiece is much bigger

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Melchior posted:

i know someone who literally married a guy because he cosplayed a certain character from Metal Gear. Her dating pool was "Metal Gear Cosplayers". Guess where they met?

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > METAL GEAR SOLID V - The Phantom Pain

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i went to otakon once. it was this big anime convention at the baltimore inner harbor. a friend of my best friend got him to go so my friend bought me a ticket and talked 16yo me into it by telling me it was going to be a convention full of girls wearing almost nothing. he was kinda right except instead of "full" it was about a dozen and maybe two of them were not gross lookin. i didnt know poo poo about anime really so it was really fuckin weird. i saw a bunch of dudes near the entrance with an "ADTRW" banner. everyone was talking about japan and eating pocky. a couple people had headbands with metal plates on the front and like every alcove had a dozen guys surrounding a single girl. there was some punk stringbean.guy dressed in a black costume lookin all brooding and walking down the center of every walkway and making everyone walk around him. like the fourth time i saw him i played chicken w/ him and he moved and i bumped him w/ my shoulder and he just awkwardly kept walking with his mean mug on.

satisfied with beating the boss of the otakon we went next door and ate at hooters for a pallette cleanser. we went back to the convention to the hall where people were selling poo poo and some of it was creepy as hell. they announced the dance floor was open so we went there and there was just a single guy dancing to trance and doing all kinda hand flourishes while a couple people watched. we wanted to get the heck outta there but hadnt seen the dude we came with since an hour or so after we got there. i was like gently caress it and led my friend to camden yards and took the light rail and a bus then walked like 5 miles to his car to get out of there.

never go to an anime convention. i think it was a three day thing but we never talked about it again. the things people say about the BO smell is 100% true. i had conversations with a few people who werent intolerable japophiles but they were the exception by far. the whole place had this cloud of desperation hanging over it. the adtrw gyys looked like some of the most normal people there if that tells you anything. well thats my trip report. it was gay as hell.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

no they met at several cons, and the facebook drama in regards to the few she dated was interminable and annoying

the really hilarious part is it wasn't even all characters. it was limited to the gay lover of a character she cosplayed, so basically one character from one game was her dating pool.

Necros posted:

i went to otakon once. it was this big anime convention at the baltimore inner harbor. a friend of my best friend got him to go so my friend bought me a ticket and talked 16yo me into it by telling me it was going to be a convention full of girls wearing almost nothing. he was kinda right except instead of "full" it was about a dozen and maybe two of them were not gross lookin. i didnt know poo poo about anime really so it was really fuckin weird. i saw a bunch of dudes near the entrance with an "ADTRW" banner. everyone was talking about japan and eating pocky. a couple people had headbands with metal plates on the front and like every alcove had a dozen guys surrounding a single girl. there was some punk stringbean.guy dressed in a black costume lookin all brooding and walking down the center of every walkway and making everyone walk around him. like the fourth time i saw him i played chicken w/ him and he moved and i bumped him w/ my shoulder and he just awkwardly kept walking with his mean mug on.

satisfied with beating the boss of the otakon we went next door and ate at hooters for a pallette cleanser. we went back to the convention to the hall where people were selling poo poo and some of it was creepy as hell. they announced the dance floor was open so we went there and there was just a single guy dancing to trance and doing all kinda hand flourishes while a couple people watched. we wanted to get the heck outta there but hadnt seen the dude we came with since an hour or so after we got there. i was like gently caress it and led my friend to camden yards and took the light rail and a bus then walked like 5 miles to his car to get out of there.

never go to an anime convention. i think it was a three day thing but we never talked about it again. the things people say about the BO smell is 100% true. i had conversations with a few people who werent intolerable japophiles but they were the exception by far. the whole place had this cloud of desperation hanging over it. the adtrw gyys looked like some of the most normal people there if that tells you anything. well thats my trip report. it was gay as hell.

the thing you have to keep in mind about anime cons is if you're there for a specific purpose like attention whoring in a costume, or going to the dealers room, or meeting a VA, you have to deal with a lot of awful smelly people who have questionable limits on personal space. There ARE cool things that happen at them, but you have to be willing to ignore the majority of whats actually going on around you to be at the cool things. For me it was meeting cool people. Someone earlier said that normal people get bored and leave while the crazies stay; this was pretty much my experience as time went on.

this doesnt make me any less nerdy but whatever, sorry about the :words:

the Pixies fukken SUCKED fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jul 10, 2014

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

there were panels and stuff but i didnt know any of the things they featured. the only brushes id ever had with anime was a dude i knew from korea showing me his korean subtitled vhs of dragon ball and the first bit of berzerk. i might try watching the rest of that some time if i come across it because i actually liked it.

apparently otakon has 30k people attend now. it wasnt anywhere near that big then so theres probably a lot more to do.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Necros posted:

there were panels and stuff but i didnt know any of the things they featured. the only brushes id ever had with anime was a dude i knew from korea showing me his korean subtitled vhs of dragon ball and the first bit of berzerk. i might try watching the rest of that some time if i come across it because i actually liked it.

apparently otakon has 30k people attend now. it wasnt anywhere near that big then so theres probably a lot more to do.

i strongly doubt it. The last time I went there it was around 12k people and it was impossible to walk anywhere without being surrounded by walls of BO and gokushirts.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

lol

Melchior posted:

i strongly doubt it. The last time I went there it was around 12k people and it was impossible to walk anywhere without being surrounded by walls of BO and gokushirts.

haha i didnt realize you had been there. if you went about a decade ago you might have been one of the ADTRW crew in the lobby or somethin. i didnt talk to any of those guys. i think their sign was an old feudal japan style banner though.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
1) be a woman / look like a woman

Mr.Rabbit
May 17, 2013

Considering loving a rosy skinned dough fleshed naruto cosplay girl with wierd teeth at a con.

I have no idea why im aroused by this but there you go

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

This would probably get it done.

there are two boners in this thread, the one in that picture and the one I got from that picture and am telling you about now

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

big bulging gundamn meat seeking all the white women

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

after reading this thread i have to rethink this whole anime thing.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
itt nightcrew

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

BIG RED
in the back, with so much soul /
make snacks and operate the remote control /
you ain't gotta hate on the way i roll /
if you wanna pick a movie, just vote in the poll ♫

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Xaris posted:

with a shape of an L on his forehead

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Necros posted:

lol

haha i didnt realize you had been there. if you went about a decade ago you might have been one of the ADTRW crew in the lobby or somethin. i didnt talk to any of those guys. i think their sign was an old feudal japan style banner though.

no that group was part of the problem tbqh :v:

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Necros posted:

big bulging gundamn meat seeking all the white women

thats not a gundam cosplay, its just two dudes wearing what is literally the costume for two female protagonists in a recent series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Decrepus posted:

its a comic con for bugeyed chinese comic books

also the big comic cons have branched out into other stuff besides comics so there are people there less broken and pathetic than people who would go to a convention for comic books, anime cons dont have that

• Locked thread