Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Sarx posted:

The more I play this the more I am confused by the decision to not just make this Warmachine snapped to a grid.

Its close, but as a player of the tabletop game I would just prefer it to be an analog of the game I love as this is often confusing with its differences. Was it thought that the actual table top game thought too complicated? I'm curious because literally every Warmachine player I know has the same complaint about the game.

Seconding Sarx, I'm not automatically spending $65 (or even $45) to buy this because it's not the actual game ported to PC. The changes you've made are interesting, but I'll be waiting for a 50-75% off sale before pulling the trigger on close-to-Warmahordes-but-not-quite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

DiHK posted:

So, for an outsider this very much looks like "TT is my precious, and they changed my precious, and I hates them."

You can't understand why someone who has played Warmahordes in person doesn't like the PC port having different rules? If we see the Warmachine name on something we expect certain things from the product and when those basic expectations aren't met, it's going to be jarring. The reason why these rules couldn't have been ported over straight has little to do with making a better digital experience and much to do with protecting physical sales, and as a player that sucks.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Yeah, God forbid the takehome from your hyperbolic example of all the complaining nerds would be "Maybe they wanted the actual game, not so much a 'pretty close facsimile'."

Mindblowing, I know.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

rantmo posted:

As a bit of a digression but since it keeps coming up, are there any videogames that are 1:1 translations of a tabletop game? I can't think of any beyond Magic (I assume) and I'm genuinely curious if any exist.

On the top of my head, Cyanide's Blood Bowl was a mostly 1:1 translation, might be 100% depending on the rules as they stand now. And there are a bunch of non-miniature boardgames with proper ports over PC, Android, and iOS.

Surprisingly, the Magic games on PC started with a good 1:1 port and then put in various limitations for future games.

• Locked thread