Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
If it plays like the tabletop game, it should be pretty fun. I have heard nothing but good things about the Warmachine game, I just don't feel like painting minis anymore these days so this is a pretty drat attractive alternative for me. I think this has been in development for a long time from what I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I just bit the bullet and bought this on Steam. I played through the existing single player portion, and it is a blast. It's basically a tactical turn based game with a timer, and you really need to pay attention to your unit's facing. Always keep your Warjacks within a certain distance of your Warcaster or you can't add action points to them. Overall, the only major issue I saw was the FPS seems to be really drat low for some reason, but I gather it's just because they haven't optimized it yet. I would wait until full release, this game is going to be really goddamn awesome when they get done.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I had my first multiplayer match against someone the other day, I played Cryx vs their Khador. I was actually rolling over them until my dumb rear end left my Deneghra too close to their Sorcha, who promptly stomped the crap out of my poor caster. If I had any criticism of the game so far, it's that the character selection interface feels really floaty and laggy, and this game is absolutely going to need a tutorial.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I believe the current pricing is something along the lines of Early Access, fundraising mode. The release version should be less expensive, I would hope.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah tabletop minis are criminally expensive these days. I remember back when I got into Warhammer 40K in the Rogue Trader days(1987 holy crap!), you could get 10-man metal squads with a leader, standard bearer, and musician along with the troopers for like $10 or so.
EDIT: After some research, I found the original listing of the plastic Space Marine boxed set. It came with 30 dudes and cost around $18, and came with a bunch of options.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 7, 2014

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh drat sorry I started a derail, I'll stop doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You're pretty much better off just playing the TT Warmachine, this game is hot trash. I grabbed this thinking it would be a fun alternative to the minis game, and it's been an unoptimized mess for at least a year. XCOM is so much bettter and it's not early access! poo poo, Blood Bowl is better and that should say something about this crap.

• Locked thread