Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
One thing to keep in mind is that despite all the things that Cyanide bloodbowl does for you automatically a game on there still takes longer than a game on the actual board(provided both players know the rules and aren't looking things up). A 50 pt game of warmachine already takes a good period of time, just think how much longer it would take on a 1:1 translation computer game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Len posted:

So the single player went up today. And unless I'm missing something mission 1 is a little unplayable.

Looks more like mission 3 to me, and you probably just needed to reposition the camera with the middle mouse button.

Overall I'm not entirely sure how happy I am with the game at this time. My biggest problem with playing the single player campaign is that the AI is still pretty piss poor, the allied AI being the worst but even the enemy AI is very poor. There are still lots of camera issues. Performance is better than it was but still overall rather poor. The gameplay itself is mostly fine, but it does have some issues.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Brainbread posted:

I was hoping that squads would have been made into squads by the time of release :/

It was a stated design decision from when before the kickstarter that they would all be treated as solos so not really sure where you got this hope.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Washout posted:

Yeah, there is no reason why this should take longer to play than a tabletop game, you should be able to just click and drag your mans around inside the pre approved movement radius and put them in position and then just hit the attack button or whatever, or charge for a squad etc. Pretty bad UI overall I'd say. I hope further patching makes this into a decent game, but the decision to use a square movement grid instead of hexes at the very least is pretty dumb imo. This was the one game I decided to kickstart because hell yes I can play WM on my computer! Except uhhh it's somehow more tedious and less fun than tabletop...

Sounds like you just want to play vassal, or an improved version that does all the rolling for you. In which case, go ahead and play vassal, it is even free!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Washout posted:

I bought it on Kickstarter too, it looked good in beta, because it was well, beta. But then it was like they said "Good enough!!" and stopped developing the game and just finished the art assets and rules. So for a release game, yeah it's terrible. Never backing anything on kickstarter ever again, if a game is good enough to get made it will get made despite kickstarter funding.

I had such high hopes, all it needs is a switch to hex movement and a better camera but they just could not make the jump to it actually being a good game, it honestly looks like either they gave up on it halfway through, or they are just a terrible development house. And after looking at the current state of the game my bet would be they are a terrible development house.

I've heard that Mordheim is actually looking pretty good, so pinning my new hopes on that instead. I don't think White Moon is going to do the work required to turn this game into something playable.

Ummm, not sure where you got the "stopped development" thing. They are still actively working on the game despite calling what is out there the release version.

It has also been heavily implied by the WMD people(who have been perhaps the most open developers with their community of any game dev studio I've ever seen) that the decision to "release" the game was not theirs.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Dreadwroth posted:

You're pretty much better off just playing the TT Warmachine, this game is hot trash. I grabbed this thinking it would be a fun alternative to the minis game, and it's been an unoptimized mess for at least a year. XCOM is so much bettter and it's not early access! poo poo, Blood Bowl is better and that should say something about this crap.

Cyanide had a game much simpler to make by orders of magnitude, had over twice the development time that WMD has had, and has had 6 years now to polish it, and it still has game breaking bugs like your players disappearing if you select them while your opponent is deploying or occasionally having 12 players on the pitch.

X-com was made by a AAA developer with a much bigger budget and way bigger team and much longer development time frame.

I won't deny this game has issues, but it has made huge strides in the relatively short development time that a very small team has had. It is unfortunate that PP forced them to take it out of early access, games have been in there a lot longer than this was.

• Locked thread