Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

This seems pretty neat. Acquired the TT books etc for the game setting, so will read up about it like a real sperg-lord and might give the game a shot :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

just got my access code. first impressions:

this game runs really poorly I had to go low/off settings to get the sound to stop stuttering and the menu screen background to scroll smoothly and i've got a fair bit more than the minimum reqs. (hopefully they optimize for release)

The UI is a horror show that makes setting up my gaming table and cajoling my wife to play less work than playing the game instantly on the pc. things that take 2 seconds in real life take like 3 menus in game.

The gameplay is really slow. I got through 2 turns of the single player mission in about 10 minutes and realized after killing the first wave of dudes that i still had to turn base my way with 10 guys across the entire map and just quit there from not wanting to deal with the UI anymore.

Hoping the next update improves on the quality of life things the way other games in the genre like xcom have done.

glad I at least got my limited edition models for my money.

Well poo poo :( How far along is the game towards full-on release? I hope there's a way to go, as I was hoping to pick this up for SP mainly.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Det_no posted:

I guess it's not really surprising considering this is not a big budget title but in my mind I always thought a game for a franchise like this would be a F2P 1:1 copy with DLC for stuff like models, decals, color schemes/army painter/customization bits and maybe something like terrain or tilesets or whatever.

It's kind of a bummer that the best way to play WM online is still some lovely fan made module for Vassal.

I'm really surprised people would think that. While at first that seems like a good idea, from a business perspective it just isnt wise (as well as other reasons that folks more knowledgeable than I have listed). I can understand why they went the route they did, and I hope it'll be an enjoyable enough product in its own :)

I just want to be Cygnar and shoot some fools. Ratta tat tat. Long Gunner all up in ya. ATGM making double-orphans outta orphans.

• Locked thread