Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
You head towards the stairs with the Atronach floating along behind you. As you approach the top of the stairwell, the Daedra stops. "I ssshall wait here. The door at the bottom ssshould be sssafe to open; the elvesss trussst thessse ancessstorsss. Return when you have finissshed. Pray to Nocturnal for luck, little thiefsss. You will need it."

Are you ready to step through the door?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I am not going anywhere near that door. I've learned my lesson.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Tombak gro-Murati
HP: 27/27 Recoveries: 5/8 AC: 14 PD: 13 MD: 12

"Well thank you kindly, ma'am," Tombak replies with a bow, before charging heedlessly down the stairs and leaping, coming at the door with a drop kick and a whoop. Back in the Legion, they taught that surprise was often the best advantage.

Breach! (Str + Imperial Spearman (Retired)): 1d20+7 14

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit facepalms. "This one officially rescinds any comment about Khajiit blood, my orc friend."

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Digs-A-Hole

"Not my fault. You all saw it."

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Tombak kicks the door open and rushes in. The crashing sound echoes through the dusty room. The burial chamber is dark and cavernous, illuminated only by a small blue paper lamp at the top of the wide room. In the center of the room, you see two skeletal warriors standing on each end of a central sarcophagus on a raised pyramid-like platform, their heads slumped over. He can see that one of them is armored in traditional chitin and is clutching a small and jagged war axe made from the same material as its armor. A quiver full of arrows and a shortbow are slung over its back. The other champion is armored in bonemold. It is clasping an Akaviri longsword in both of its hands, and you can a pouch of daggers on its side.

For a moment, you think you have the elements of surprise, until you hear a loud hissing scream. Suddenly, the rest of the room illuminates with an eerie blue light; sconces previously unseen burst into flame. A cold chill falls over you all as you see what has caused this. A wraith, clad in bloody robes, hovers over the center of the tomb. Most of its face is torn off, perhaps indicating the way it died. The specter glares at you with its one remaining eye, the rest of its face stuck in a permanent skeletal grin, as its companions rise and shake off their dust in preparation for the fight to come. The archer raises its hand and casts a spell, animating a pile of bones at the foot of the platform. They assemble into two Nix Hound skeletons, snarling and hissing as they rise up to join the battle.

Roll initiative.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Tombak gro-Murati
+2 vs. ghost things"S

Tombak pauses as he sees the whole whack of supernatural poo poo in the room he's just entered. After a split second, he dusts off his sleeves and reaches for his spear, glancing back up at the rest of the party-- and the Daedra-- as he does.

"Well, sometimes it works."

Initiative!: 1d20+2 19

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Digs-A-Hole

Digs goes somewhat pale at the sight of the disfigured wraith and stiffens. He only readies himself after enough prodding from Ingot.

Initiative: 1d20+2=4.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit swears, very softly, and digs in his pockets for the bottles of frostfire; just a moment's delay, but costs precious seconds.

"Well, this should be fun..."

Initiative: 1d20+4 10

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia
HP: 31/36 Recoveries: 5/8 AC: 16 PD: 16 MD: 12

Severia walks in casually, cracking her knuckles. "Finally a real fight."

Initiative: 2d20k1 14
Power Stunt: 1d6 3
Divine Stamina Recharge: 1d20 15

One day I'll remember to recharge my powers before the next combat.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Zairan Hainnabibi
24/24 HP, 4/8 Recoveries, 16 AC, 14 PD, 11 MD
+2 to defenses against Hlaalu spirits

Zairan slinks in behind the others, bow already raised as the undead become mobile.

Initiative: 1d20+5 20

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Alright, now I'm done with visiting almost every single relative I have for Thanksgiving to eat as much turkey and drink as much booze as physically possible, let's get back to it. By the way, I hope you guys had a nice Thanksgiving too (or if you're not American, had a nice Wednesday-Friday)! I'll have a map drawn up tomorrow; I wanna break in my printer's scanner as well as make something that looks nice and Morrowind-y.

Turn order is:
Zairan
Tombak
Skeletal Nix Hound
Severia
Wraith
Skeletal Nix Hound
Skeletal Ranger
K'Zan
Skeletal Swordsman
Digs-A-Hole

Monster stats
Wraith (LVL 1): 50 HP, AC 14, 10 PD, 14 MD, Spectral (Ignores all physical attacks made with non-silver or unenchanted weaponry)
Skeletal Nix Hound (LVL 1): 24 HP, AC 15, PD 13, MD 13, Skeletal (Takes half damage unless attack was a natural 16+, or made with blunt force, or dealt holy damage)
Skeletal Nix Hound (LVL 1): 24 HP, AC 15, PD 13, MD 13, Skeletal (Takes half damage unless attack was a natural 16+, or made with blunt force, or dealt holy damage)
Skeletal Ranger (LVL 1): 24 HP, AC 15, PD 10, MD 15, Skeletal (Takes half damage unless attack was a natural 16+, or made with blunt force, or dealt holy damage)
Skeletal Swordsman (LVL 1): 40 HP, 17 AC, PD 15, MD 11, Skeletal (Takes half damage unless attack was a natural 16+, or made with blunt force, or dealt holy damage)

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Updated to the latest version of the seeker. tl;dr: damage dice is a d10 instead of a d12, PD went down by 1, Devious Trapper now works once per round instead of once per battle.

Zairan Hainnabibi
24/24 HP, 4/8 Recoveries, 16 AC, 14 PD, 11 MD

Standing in the back of the room near the doorway, Zairan fires an arrow at the wraith. Unfortunately, the spirit is much quicker than he expected and the shot goes wide. Cursing, he tosses a complicated looking pile of ropes, springs, and sharpened sticks onto the ground in front of him.

RBA at wraith vs. PD: 1d20+6 8 1d10+5 10
Doesn't trigger any flexible attacks, sadly.
The first enemy that moves to engage me will get hit by a trap. I'm spending a Spirit Boon to make it have two effects, so it's going to deal 1d8 damage and daze the target until the end of it's next turn.

Flame112 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 2, 2014

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Tombak gro-Murati

As soon as he's done with his quip, Tombak launches himself into the action. His spear flickers, slapping the floor to start the beat.

Super Overdrive: You and your nearby allies gain a +1 attack bonus until the start of your next turn.

As he rushes forward, the beat of the spear on the floor grows more and more urgent, quick, frantic... and the orc begins a low, feral growl in the back of his throat.

Soundburst: Targets: 1d4 4 - Wraith, Nix Hound, Nix Hound, Ranger

His lips peel back from his teeth, tusks gleaming in the fitful light, as his growl-- and the beat-- reach a crescendo. Tombak slams the but of his spear into the ground, and the very earth sounds as a great drum. At the same moment, he roars out a wordless challenge to the undead creatures. His short, spiky hair dances in an unseen gale, and his greatcoat flutters about his legs as if caught in a roiling storm.

Soundburst: Attacks: 4#1d20+5 20 24 14 14 All hit vs. PD

Soundburst: Damage: 5d6+3 28

All targets are Dazed until the end of my next turn.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Oh right. Nix hounds are dead aren't they?
Severia
HP: 31/36 Recoveries: 5/8 AC: 16 PD: 16 MD: 12

"Goddamn nice, Tombak!" Severia shouts as she heads toward the wraith. She starts her assault on it with an elbow jab, forgetting her fists are the only things covered in silver.

Giant Strike vs AC: 1d20+5+1+1+1 12

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
:captainpop: Holy moley that damage. Well, you flat out shook one of the poor skellington dogs to pieces and staggered all the other targets you had. Good job.

As Severia's elbow phases through the beast, she suddenly begins to feel sick to her stomach. She tastes blood in her mouth after she recovers from the missed blow. It seems like the wraith has enchanted itself to drain the health of those who fail to hit it.

The wraith's punishing aura takes 3 of your health for every missed attack made upon it, whether ranged or close-quarters.

The wraith stares at Severia with its dead eye and shoots out its palm, trying to grab her. Severia manages to avoid the spirit's grasp for the moment, thanks to Zairan's protective spell; the ghost seizes nothing but air.

Life-Draining Touch: 1d20+1 6

The ranger staggers to its feet and moves to the back of the room. It then fires an arrow at Zairan. The arrow hits him in the chest, and immediately Zairan feels dizzy. His vision blurs and distorts.

Attacking Zairan with Bow: 1d20+2 18 You take 5 damage and are dazed. You may end it on your turn by using a quick action to pull the arrow out of yourself, which will do 3 damage to you.

The remaining Nix Hound charges at Tombak, and lunges at him. It misses completely, but stays close to him, ready to ward the orc away from his master.

Attacking Tombak with Bite: 1d20+2 9

I forgot some of the targets were dazed, so I had to manually subtract from their scores.

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 6, 2014

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit smiles grimly at the scene; one Nix hound already down, and the rest of the creatures weakened, but that wouldn't keep them alive unless they could get a few more down fast.

His target is obvious; paws flick out as he tosses the sludgy mixture of frostfire at the skeletal ranger, seeking to deny the creatures their ranged support-

Throwin' Potions: 1d20+4 18

-and manages to stick the landing, hallelujah.

Itty-Bitty Damage: 1d4 1

Not...the most devastating blow, but it didn't need to be.

"Light 'em up!" he says, giving Digs a pointed look, while gesturing at the potion-smudged skeleton.

pre:
HP: 13/18; Recoveries: 6/8 (1d8+0); Momentum: No
AC: 15 PD: 13 MD: 13
+2 VS. Hlaalu Spirits
Initiative: +4
STR 08(-1) CON 10(+0) DEX 17(+3)
INT 16(+3) WIS 14(+2) CHA 12(+1)

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Digs-A-Hole
pre:
HP: 27/27; Recoveries: 5/8 (1d6+3); Gathered power: No
AC: 14(15) PD: 13(14) MD: 12(13)
STR 10/00 CON 16/03 DEX 12/01
INT 16/03 WIS 10/00(02) CHA 12/01
+4 Digs-A-Hole +4 Digs-A-Grave
Gear: Staff, Mage Robes, Fire salts, 60gp
Ingot: Alert, Maybe Even Insightful
"Got it!" Following K'zan's lead, Digs fires at the Ranger.

Random energy type: 1d4=3. Lighting damage.
Chaos Bolt attack: 1d20+2=22. Crit! :toot:
Damage: 1d8+3=612.
Chaotic benefit for rolling even: 1d6=5. 1 damage to a nearby enemy.

Digs fires off what should have been a fire spell and blasts the Ranger with an enormous lightning bolt. 13 damage to the ranger.
"Oh. Wrong spell. Well I think that counts 'lighting' him up. If you add a letter, I mean."

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The ranger violently explodes into a pile of scorched bones as Digs strikes it with a lightning bolt, igniting the gel it was coated in and sending the parts flying across the room. The swordsman responds by charging the Argonian and violently slashes his chest with a two-handed swipe of its Akaviri katana.

Attacking Digs with Katana: 1d20+5 20 6 damage.

As the fight goes on, the living combatants begin to feel as if they are unnaturally winded, despite only fighting for a minute. The remaining undead, on the other hand, seem to be just fine. In fact, they seem to move more fluidly, as if some of their life was being restored to them.

The Escalation Die is set at 1. However, only the enemy team benefits from this thanks to the Wraith's Wrack and Ruin ability.

Turn order is:
Zairan
Tombak
Severia
Wraith
Skeletal Nix Hound
K'Zan
Skeletal Swordsman
Digs-A-Hole

Currently, Severia is engaged with the Wraith, Tombak is engaged with the remaining Skeletal Nix Hound, and Digs with the Swordsman.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Zairan Hainnabibi
11/24 HP, 4/8 Recoveries, 16 AC, 14 PD, 11 MD

"Urrgh, is this...some kind of poison?" Zairan pulls the arrow out of himself, hoping for the best. No point in worrying about the poison when there's still all the undead trying to kill him.

Seeing that the wraith is busy with Severia, Zairan takes two quick shots with his silver arrows, sending one right through the wraith. As the silver head comes in contact with the spectre, it shudders and seems visibly weakened.

Pulling the arrow out for 3 damage to me.
shoot that wraith vs PD: 1d20+6 22 1d10+5 10 damage
Hit, triggers follow-up strike.
follow up attack on wraith vs PD: 1d20+6 8 1d10+5 9 1 miss damage
Miss, taking 3 damage. My health up at the top of this post includes all this.

The first enemy that moves to engage me will get hit by a trap. I'll spend a Spirit Boon to make it have two effects, so it's going to deal 1d8 damage and daze the target until the end of it's next turn.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Tombak gro-Murati

"Pretty sweet, huh?" Tombak shouts back, fending off the remaining hound with his spear. The two go back and forth for a while, circling and testing each others' defenses. The orc manages to keep the beat going with his heels and weapon while they feint at one another.

Sustain Super Overdrive: 1d20 18 +1 to attack remains in effect this round!

"Ah-hah!" he crows, seeing an opening and lunging for it. The enchanted spear is knocked aside by the nimble skeleton, unfortunately, and the spearman misses his strike.

Spear lunge: 1d20+6 9
1 miss damage.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia
HP: 28/36 Recoveries: 5/8 AC: 16 PD: 16 MD: 12

Severia readjusts her stance after the miss with the wraith. "Guess I'm gonna have to fight smarter, huh?" With that, she partially takes her hand out of her left gauntlet so that it's barely on her. She moves her hand up and the gauntlet comes off in the air. When the wraith focuses on the gauntlet, she brings her leg around to do an axe kick directly down on the wraith, hitting the gauntlet on the way down so that it slams into the wraith with all the force of the kick.

Normal Attack vs AC: 1d20+5+1+1+1+1 29
Normal Attack Damage: 1d10+5+1 13*2 = 26!
Forgot I couldn't do Giant's Strike on a staggered target, not that it mattered here. Also I forgot I didn't get the E.Die, but it still didn't matter.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The Wraith bursts into ectoplasm as Severia's fierce blow connects with it, splattering the dais and herself with a green gel. Whatever spell was cast over the living in the room dissipates upon the ghost's banishment; the party regains their strength. You regain the use of the Escalation Die.

The remaining hound stumbles and falls as it tries to attack Tombak, having been knocked off balance by Tombak's previous strike. It fails utterly at doing any sort of damage to the bard.

Attacking Tombak: 1d20+6 7

Just a heads up, I'll be a little out of it this week; getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. poo poo is gonna suck. Hope you guys had a merry CHIM-mas.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

A smirk crosses the cat's face as he watches the skeletal ranger burst into flames - lightning worked just fine, apparently, good to know. Now there was just the hound - which Tombak seemed to have under control - and the swordsman engaging their wizard, which was unacceptable.

Attacking the skeletal swordsman with Sure Cut, since I have momentum and am free to engage an engaged enemy at long last.

Sure Cut: 1d20+5 13

Miss, but thankfully, Sure Cut ensures at least a little pain.

Sure Cut miss damage: 1d4+1 3

:cripes:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The swordsman's skeleton reacts to K'zan's blow almost immediately and counterattacks, slashing at the Khajiit with surprising speed. The katana, despite its apparent age, cuts through the Khajiit's leather armor with some ease and opens up a wicked-looking gash on his chest.

Attacking K'Zan: 1d20+5 18 6 damage

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug
Digs-A-Grave
pre:
HP: 21/27; Recoveries: 5/8 (1d6+3); Gathered power: No
AC: 14(15) PD: 13(14) MD: 12(13)
STR 10/00 CON 16/03 DEX 12/01
INT 16/03 WIS 10/00(02) CHA 12/01
+4 Digs-A-Hole +4 Digs-A-Grave
Gear: Staff, Mage Robes, Fire salts, 60gp
Ingot: Alert, Maybe Even Insightful
The slash from the swordsman staggers Digs for a moment, but before he has time to lament his situation he sees the same skeleton wound K'zan, causing the Argonian to see red. "I AM ONE HUNDRED AND TEN PERCENT DONE WITH YOU STUPID UNDEAD... N'WAHS!"
Digs extends his arms forward at the back of the skeleton's head and lets loose a massive stream of freezing air.

Frost Storm (BotW): 1d20+2+1=10 vs. PD. Misses, but deals full damage thanks to Guerrilla Tactics. I think.
Damage: 3d6+3=11.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The Escalation Die is set at 2.

Turn order is:
Zairan
Tombak
Severia
Skeletal Nix Hound
K'Zan
Skeletal Swordsman
Digs-A-Hole

Currently, Tombak is engaged with the remaining Skeletal Nix Hound, and Digs and K'zan with the Swordsman.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Zairan Hainnabibi
11/24 HP, 4/8 Recoveries, 16 AC, 14 PD, 11 MD
1/2 Spirit Boons

Zairan breathes a sigh of relief as the wraith's draining aura is dispelled with its death. He draws an arrow and mutters "Ancestors, curse these undead Hlaalu fools," before shooting at the skeletal swordsman. The arrow strikes true, and suddenly the skeletal swordsman seems to be distracted by some unseen force.

Shooting the swordsman, vs P: 1d20+8 21 1d10+5 10 Half damage, so 5 damage to the skeleton. Spending a spirit boon to make him vulnerable (attacks against it have crit range expanded by 2, so for most people an 18-20 will crit).

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
Tombak gro-Murati

"You don't have to be so... cold to them, Digs!" Tombak yells from across the room, and is immediately punished by stumbling over a loose rock and losing the beat. "poo poo!" he grunts, struggling to regain his balance.

Sustain Super Overdrive: 1d20 4 No more +1 to attacks.

He does so, continuing to hold off the skeletal and stubborn nix hound until he sees an opening. "Ah-hah!" he cries, stabbing with the spear and scoring a hit on the beast's skull.

Spear attack: 1d20+7 21

Unfortunately, the blow doesn't seem to do much to the hound, glancing off its skull without leaving much of a mark. Tombak frowns.

Spear damage: 1d8+5 6 3 damage as it wasn't a natural 16+

Seeing Zairan launch an arrow at the swordsman harassing Digs, Tombak gives the guy an encouraging gesture and some supportive words. "Yeah! Turn 'im into a pincushion!"

Battlecry! Come On, Come On! Zairan can heal using a recovery.

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011

Whycalibur posted:

Battlecry! Come On, Come On! Zairan can heal using a recovery.
Zairain recovery: 1d8+1 8

Zairan Hainnabibi
19/24 HP, 3/8 Recoveries, 16 AC, 14 PD, 11 MD
1/2 Spirit Boons

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Oops. I'm up.
Severia

"Bah. I thought these guardians might pose a bit of a threat. Nope," Severia says annoyed as she heads toward the skeletal nix hound. She tries to kick it, but her heart's just not in it.

Attack vs. AC: 1d20+5+1+2 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The hound continues to assault the bard. It jams its thin mouth through the orc's armor, tearing a wound in his gut. He doubles over in pain reflexively, and the barbed proboscis breaks off into his gut, along with a fairly large chunk of the creature's skull.

Attacking Tombak: 1d20+6 16 Tombak takes 5 damage and 5 ongoing damage (normal difficulty save to end)
Self-Damage: 1d6 2 Hound takes 2 damage to itself.

• Locked thread