Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

K'zan Redpaw

"Relax, scale-friend; you sound like little Ja'Khajiit with not enough moon-sugar in your belly."

K'zan shifted slightly, leaning with practiced laziness against the wooden walls of the "jail", which was a laughable imitation of a real prison - his grandmother's time-out corner was more secure than this, though he grudgingly allowed that these cells were perhaps slightly better-guarded.

"It's just jail, after all. If the Empire meant to have heads, these cells would be quieter. So, no worries. We'll be out by Frostfall, maybe earlier."

Eyes fell on the unconscious figure sharing the cell with them - part of him what the poor fellow did to wind up clubbed, as he himself had wound up in the cells with nary a scratch.

Faction: Thieves Guild: 1d6 1
Faction: Imperial Legion: 1d6 5
Faction: Tribunal Temple: 1d6 6

So. Relationship checks - bombed my positive, succeeded on my negative and conflicted relationships. Jone and Jode have mercy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit felt his eyes roll moonward for a moment before glancing at the group, sighing quietly. Honestly, it was like these people had never escaped from prison before!

"As I said friends; out by Frostfall, or maybe earlier.", he repeated, stressing the last pair of words with a bit of a frown.

He took a quick glance to make sure guards weren't paying all this conversation too much mind, and then addressed his 'cellmates' again, more quietly than his last words.

"Try not to get worked up; panicked people make mistakes, and mistakes are something prisoners cannot afford, yes? Look at our Imperial comrade; no panic there, or resignation, already making travel plans. Very wise, if not so subtle."

Punting fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 10, 2014

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

"This one is sure it is not" he agreed, quite amiably.

That all said, the Khajiit slowly rose from the floor, and casually wandered towards their Imperial comrade and the loose patch of wall.

"Khajiit is sure that none of us want to remain in here, but we need to make sure we are not spotted leaving. Perhaps some of our larger companions can block the view of our little bolt-hole until we are all gone, and follow us out?" he suggested.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

"...Indeed. Fortunate timing, the gods have." he commented rather drily, and shrugged.

He certainly wasn't one to waste good fortune, and so ambled close to their soon-to-be escape hole, claws out and ready to run once it was open.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

Getting into a random barfight right after a prisonbreak was hardly wise.

Then again, no one ever accused a Khajiit of possessing an overabundance of caution.

"First a prisonbreak, now shared bloodletting, and not even whisker-deep into a cup yet. This one is going to be part of a pack by the time this is over..." he murmured under his breath, claws quietly unsheathing behind his back.

Initiative: 1d20+4 19

Finally back, and since everyone else is doing so, I will roll initiative and join our merry band of hellraisers for what seems to be a lovely tavern brawl.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit winced at the blow, staggering a bit from the force - he was reminded, quite viscerally, just why he hated face-to-face fights like this. He let out a loud, feline hiss, and then lashed, clawing at his attacker's gods-cursed face.

Basic Attack: 1d20+4 21
Damage: 1d8+3 11

M-m-m-max damage :black101:

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit watches the blow just miss him, lightly clipping an ear tip as he ducked under the blow.

"Oooh, almost, friend. Might have hit if you had both eyes to aim with, silly s'wit!" he taunted, already pivoting in place to return the favor...

Basic Attack: 1d20+5 7

...and whiffs as well, apparently too wrong-footed by his sudden dodge to strike properly.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

First things first, in the interests of not being left with 4 HP, I'll use Roll With It to bring that down to 5 damage, leaving me at a comfortable 9/18.

A quiet hiss escapes the Khajiit, cringing from the badly-dodged blow; he didn't often find himself bloodied quite this much in a fight!

"Ah~! So the s'wit has some sting left, good!" he roared, lashing out once more. Sure, it probably wasn't wise to keep nettling the elf, but what the hell; it wasn't like keeping his mouth shut was going to make it better.

Basic Attack: 1d20+6 17
Damage: 1d8+3 5

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

'Ah, bless the Argonians, they do make for such wonderful distractions', he thought, and while the one-eyed elf was distracted, it was the perfect opportunity for the Khajiit to go for the soft spots.

Sneak Attack: 1d20+7 12

...only to swing wide once more. Apparently the gods only favored every other strike. Such is the fickleness of fate.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

"Well, why not go to the Tribunal? Not every outlander pays lip service to the Imperial Cult; as a matter of fact, this finds the sermons of the Temple rather soothing to one's soul." he adds, quietly licking his wounds (metaphorically) now that the fighting had died down.

"Have you checked for hidden compartments?" he asked Crassius, watching their Imperial companion search the room. "A loose floorboard or two can conceal much more than any nightstand or bedroll, after all."

Sorry to be absent (again) from the thread, big storm rolled through and killed power for a few days. K'zan will help Crassius search, with an eye for any hidden nooks or crevices in the walls, if my Thief background might be of any additional assistance.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

"Aha! Not quite a book, but maybe useful all the same." he said, tossing a little key from paw to paw.

"Here, my scaly scholarly friend, catch." he added, giving the key a little flick towards Digs.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit tsked softly under his breath, a small frown crossing his lips.

"Ominous words. Red Mountain is not a place to take lightly." he murmurs, looking a bit unsettled himself, though not quite as pale as the Argonian.

"The lands are all awash with prophecy these days; this one begins to wonder if it was a coincidence we all found ourselves jailed with a priest of the Moths."

A soft snort of amusement followed that; he couldn't imagine an unlikelier band of companions if he tried.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

A thought occurs to the Khajiit, listening in; it's not, in any particular manner, a thought that he likes, but it might just be a way to get more information on the mystery they seemed dead-set on unraveling.

He leans out of the room and flicks some debris at Digs and Zairan to get their attention, and gestures for them to rejoin the rest of them in the room; he had no particular interest in explaining his idea more than once.

K'zan takes a moment to make sure no one outside is listening in, and sighs as he starts to explain. "This one has a possible idea. The Great Houses often keep private crypts - and House Hlaalu's happens to be close by Balmora - and lists of relations both live and dead within them; if we truly need to find a scion of House Hlaalu born under a certain sign, it might be possible to learn this information with a bit of, ah, careful excavation, if you get this one's drift."

He felt a bit dirty just suggesting the idea, honestly; new arrival to the neighborhood or not, there was something unwholesome about breaking into your neighbor's tomb.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit shrugged his shoulders, directing a frown towards the elf.

"You preach to the choir, friend. Note that this one did not say he had a good idea, merely a possible one. This Khajiit is not, in general, fond of the idea of crypt-breaking."

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

"Yes. If we are going to do this thing, then let us not waste our time; get it over with and be done with it.", the Khajiit agrees.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit found himself without anything in particular to do, here; he wasn't a wizard, and not much for weapons when his claws were, heh, on-hand.

He did, though, know a thing or too about the fine art of medicine, and that gave him an idea. While the rest of their little group busied themselves with spell and sword, K'zan wandered the guildhall looking for the local alchemist; perhaps there would be some materials he could acquire and refine.

Sorry I've been such a no-show; been busy with work, and a memorial service over the weekend, and then more work. :( Gonna have K'zan haggle some potion supplies from whomever has some to offer and put his Apothercary skills to good use!

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit remains fairly quiet, polite to not interrupt while Guild members carry out their business; but he's quick to order supplies once a break in the conversation occurs.

"Hello, yes, this one has...somewhat large order of supplies. A few potions to cure disease and poisoning, if you've any, aaaaand...mmm, some Fire and Frost salts, a bit of solvent oil, and a few small glass jars, say...four, fives drams in volume?"

Pause.

"...Ah, and perhaps a healing potion or three, just to be on the safe side, yes?"

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

"Personally, this one agrees with our orc-friend, and advises stealth. Lots of angry ghosts indeed, especially in a crypt for a Great House." he murmured.

The khajiit had been rather quiet for most the walk, fiddling with his little jars and salts; the occasional swear had been his major contribution, as he (unsafely, in the khajiit fashion) mixed his concoctions on the road, for freshness.

An Object Lesson in Proper Potion Handling: 1d20+7 11

Sorry I haven't been posting much, in between helping with the family restaurant / working / assisting sister in her move back home / finding a new car / building doggy stairs my time has been DEVOURED. Also, uh, I guess Int+Apothecary roll to turn the fire and frost salts and oils into little tossable alchemical weapons, basically a Morrowind equivalent of Alchemist's Fire and/or Frost.

Edit: MelvinBison, K'zan bought elemental salts of his own earlier, yours are quite safe. :)

Punting fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 16, 2014

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

K'zan rolled his eyes slightly. "This one would prefer it if he were not accused of stealing his companion's belongings, especially when said companion was standing nearby when this one purchased the thing he is blamed for taking." the cat groused just quietly enough for Digs to hear, fixing the Argonian member of their troupe with a gently-rebuking glare.

Ah well. Khajiit reputations traveled faster than even the stormiest winds, it seemed! Feeling that small slight taken care of, he turned his attention to Zairan and his ritual-work.

"This one will also avail himself of your ritual, elf-friend. The curses and enchantments of a crypt are nothing to sneer at." he added, sounding a bit...well, grave.

Down a recovery to seven, and I should probably make use of an additional one to recover from the rather thorough beating K'zan took at the tavern.
Recovery Roll: 1d8 7 Not bad, should put K'zan at 16 then, just 2 points under fully-recovered. :woop:

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit snorts a bit. "Well, either he is a terrible thief, and tripped a trap, or other bandits remain, and murdered him quite dead."

With that said, he reached down to pluck said steel darts from the corpse.

"Never know when one needs to hit a switch or lever from a distance." he explains, tossing one lazily from palm to palm.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

"Well, skeletons aren't so bad. Could be worse. Could be ghosts." he murmurs, unsheathing his claws.

Initiative: 1d20+4 7

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

pre:
HP: 16/18; Recoveries: 6/8 (1d8+0); Momentum: No
AC: 15 PD: 13 MD: 13
Initiative: +4
STR 08(-1) CON 10(+0) DEX 17(+3)
INT 16(+3) WIS 14(+2) CHA 12(+1)
Yay statblocks

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit takes the hit and lashes out, not bothering to heckle this particular crowd; unlike the assailants in the bar, they weren't likely to get mad and make mistakes, nor surrender, so best to just put them down as hard and quick as possible.

Basic Attack: 1d20+4 24 Mothafuckin' critical hit on yonder skeleton what done hit me. :black101: (I realize just now after rolling I forgot to add the +1 from Tombak's ability, but I don't think it makes that much difference at the moment).

Damage: 1d8+3 10 And with a crit, total damage of 20, I think?

pre:
HP: 13/18; Recoveries: 6/8 (1d8+0); Momentum: Yes

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

Well. That went...better than expected. Deciding to leave the more intact of the skeletons to adventurers with the equipment to deal with them, the Khajiit turns his attention towards the few remaining members of the decrepit horde, hoping to help bring them down...

Basic Attack: 1d20+5 12

...and misses completely, claws passing through empty ribs.

pre:
HP: 13/18; Recoveries: 6/8 (1d8+0); Momentum: Yes

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

No worries, been super busy at work, not much time to post lately, can't say I blame anyone for getting impatient!

K'zan Redpaw

With just one skeleton left, there's wasn't much need for anything fancy - hopefully, just a quick blow to the poor thing's frame would be enough to put it out of it's misery.

Basic Attack: 1d20+6 24

Damage: 1d8+3 7

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit shrugs. "From what I've seen of temple services, could be a bit of both. It can get pretty weird in there some days." he muses with a little smile.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Agreed. Wouldn't want to get surprised later by something we ignored now.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

"Sounds like a reasonable deal to me."

The Khajiit leans over a bit, nudging Tombak with an elbow and whispering softly. "Smooth as moon sugar there, friend. Sure you're not part Khajiit?" he teases.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit facepalms. "This one officially rescinds any comment about Khajiit blood, my orc friend."

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit swears, very softly, and digs in his pockets for the bottles of frostfire; just a moment's delay, but costs precious seconds.

"Well, this should be fun..."

Initiative: 1d20+4 10

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

The Khajiit smiles grimly at the scene; one Nix hound already down, and the rest of the creatures weakened, but that wouldn't keep them alive unless they could get a few more down fast.

His target is obvious; paws flick out as he tosses the sludgy mixture of frostfire at the skeletal ranger, seeking to deny the creatures their ranged support-

Throwin' Potions: 1d20+4 18

-and manages to stick the landing, hallelujah.

Itty-Bitty Damage: 1d4 1

Not...the most devastating blow, but it didn't need to be.

"Light 'em up!" he says, giving Digs a pointed look, while gesturing at the potion-smudged skeleton.

pre:
HP: 13/18; Recoveries: 6/8 (1d8+0); Momentum: No
+2 VS. Hlaalu Spirits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

K'zan Redpaw

A smirk crosses the cat's face as he watches the skeletal ranger burst into flames - lightning worked just fine, apparently, good to know. Now there was just the hound - which Tombak seemed to have under control - and the swordsman engaging their wizard, which was unacceptable.

Attacking the skeletal swordsman with Sure Cut, since I have momentum and am free to engage an engaged enemy at long last.

Sure Cut: 1d20+5 13

Miss, but thankfully, Sure Cut ensures at least a little pain.

Sure Cut miss damage: 1d4+1 3

:cripes:

• Locked thread