Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia the Travelling Merc

Severia finally picks herself up from the ground. Stretching, she says, "Oh that was a loving crappy nap. So, what're we talking about?"

Noticing the guy in the corner and what he said, "That sounds like loving prophecy. I hate loving prophecy."

She turns to the rest of the group. "Anyway, any headway on getting the hell out of here?"

Icons (Fighters Guild 2 Positive, Imperial Legion 1 Conflicted, Cammona Tong 1 Negative): 4d6 1, 5, 4, 2
Oopsies. hosed the notation up a bit. Anyway since K'zan rolled a 5 with the Imperial Legion, I start the next battle with greatness. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

Severia, under no delusions about her own sneakiness, lets the rest of the party go before her, before she tries to leave.

"C'mon Sev. This is just like that time when you had to sneak around that sabertooth tiger," she thinks to herself. She steps on a twig, making a snap noise. "Oh right. I ended up fighting that."

Sneaking (Dex+True Daughter): 1d20-1+1+5 12

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

From the pile of stuff, Severia pulls several spiked pieces of wood. She quickly uses them to put up her hair. "I'm a bit surprised they thought to take these. Usually I can hide them in my hair."

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

Severia pauses for a second at "Cult of the Ancestor Moth". She then looks really pissed off. "Oh not those fuckers, again. loving prophecy."

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

Severia smirks as the dark elves come in. "Ooh, no guards, eh?" She grabs one of her hair spikes, throwing it next to the dark elf who climbed over the bar. "Hey, fuckers! I'm really loving annoyed right now and you're giving me a really good loving reason to kick your rear end," she shouts, cracking her knuckles. "Either you leave, now, or I'll make you leave."

Preemptively rolling this.
Initiative: 2#1d20 9 19

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

"loving casters. Can't even clean up their own mess. Always have to do it instead," Severia says annoyed. She then charges at the mage, grabbing him by the head and smashing his face into the wall. "See how easy that was?"

Giant Strike: 1d20+5+1 22
Giant Strike damage: 1d10+5+4 18

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

Severia tosses the mages dead body away and charges for the leader, although, the bar between her and it trips her up a bit.

Giant Strike: 1d20+5+1+1+1 13 One miss damage.

And I lose greatness. gently caress.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia
36/36
I'm never gonna get greatness.

Severia's plan goes up in flames as the Leader is thrown into the wall, so she's unprepared when she charges for the rogue.

Giant Strike: 1d20+5+1+2 15
One miss damage.

Someone hurt me!

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
I take 2 damage, gain greatness and since I'm under a save ends effect with greatness, I can use indomitable.

Saving Throw against Ongoing: 1d20 9

Oh well. It's still one less damage in general.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia
34/36

As the fire salts land on her shoulder and weaken the ice, Severia flexes her arm and the ice shatters. "Thanks for the assist!"

Saving Throw against Ongoing: 1d20 20

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia
34/36

Seemingly changing her mind on a whim, Severia moves away from the rogue, giving him an opening to engage with the healthiest Thug and kicks him in the chest hard.

Eating the OA so I don't have to bother with disengaging.
Giant Strike vs. AC: 1d20+5+1+3 27
Giant Strike damage: 1d10+5+4 18

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

Severia looks annoyed at the moths and gives them a wide berth as she approaches the chest to open it.

"May as well get this prophecy poo poo done. It'll keep bugging the poo poo out of you if you don't."

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

"Magic, Dwemer, prophecy, and Ancestor Moths, huh? I don't know what the hell I did, but I musta pissed off one of the Nine big time," Severia sighs, leaning against the wall. She gestures to the Dunmer, "May as well. Knowing my luck so far, a Centurion will bust in if we don't."

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

Severia tries to think of where to get stuff. "The fighter's guild handles requests of all kind. And they tend to not like dealing with the Mage's Guild. Some dumb old rivalry. They probably have silver weapons. Although they don't give anything for free..."

Spending my Fighter's Guild 5

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

Severia, never much a fan of wizards, heads out with Zairan to see how hard it'd be to get a pair of silver gauntlets.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

"Both technically I guess? I need some kind of silver gauntlet or glove. Something for people who punch ghosts."

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

Severia shrugs at Wayn. "I'll see what I can do. Anything to give the shaft to the wizards, eh?"

loving wizards and their inability to post.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

"I never understood why Dunmer have such a hang up about tombs. I mean in Skyrim, tomb raiding is basically a national pastime, second only to freezing your tits off. I mean what do those assholes need with the stuff? They're dead."

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

"See, I get that they're still around. But I don't really get what makes them so wise. My grandpa was an rear end in a top hat and his grandpa was an rear end in a top hat and his grandpa was an rear end in a top hat. At what point do they stop being crotchety old men and become venerated wise men? And does it stop at some point? Because I certainly wouldn't ask a Draugr for wisdom, despite them being so old."

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

Severia decides to break the tension after Wayn's last comment. "So. We'll get you the daggers then. How soon can you have the silver stuff ready for us?"

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

Severia tries her best to ignore the awful singing and falls in line with the non-singing member of the group. "If there's one thing I miss from Skyrim, it's the songs. None of this milquetoast Imperial stuff. Songs about ancient heroes! And I suppose heroes to come as well."

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

"Stomp in there, kick their asses, get what we came for, then leave? It's not exactly dewmer science here."

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

Severia grabs the dagger and cuts her hand, joining the ritual.

One less recovery which brings me down to seven because everybody was too much of a chump to attack me last battle.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

Severia gets tired of all this faffing about and opens the door to the tomb.

gently caress it! Tank's walking in.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

"So what kind of ghost uses steel darts?"

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia
HP: 34/36 Recoveries: 7/8 AC: 16 PD: 16 MD: 12

Severia moves ahead towards the right path, stepping over the pressure plates. "I'll take the lead considering you all seem to be made of varying thicknesses of paper," she says, moving ahead and bracing herself against possible traps.

Bracing Self (Con + True Daughter): 1d20+4+5+1 12
Ugh. Judging by an earlier thing I did I just can't catch a break on dice today.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
None of us are ever allowed to roll ever again.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia
HP: 34/36 Recoveries: 7/8 AC: 16 PD: 16 MD: 12

Severia puts her hands up in a fighting position. Tombs and ghosts, she doesn't really get. But fighting? Fighting she knows well.

Initiative: 2#1d20 18 7
Also as a reminder, when you list their stats could you list their level?

Edit: Forgot about my power stunt which I also forgot last fight entirely.
Power Stunt: 1d6 3

djw175 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 22, 2014

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia
HP: 29/36 Recoveries: 7/8 AC: 16 PD: 16 MD: 12 Greatness: Yes

Severia grins at the skeleton, despite the wound she just received. She used the closeness to grab the skeleton's head and start crushing. "I don't know," she shouts to the rest of the party. "They don't seem much of a threat to me.

Giant Strike vs. AC: 1d20+5+1+1+1 20
Forgot Tombak's thing so I added it manually.
Giant Strike vs. AC: 1d10+4+5+1 19
Jesus loving Christ, Giant Strike. You know you don't have to always roll near max damage every time, right? Also just as a reminder I use fists which are probably blunt.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Severia
HP: 22/36 Recoveries: 7/8 AC: 16 PD: 16 MD: 12 Greatness: No

Severia swings at the other guardian although the other two get in her way.

Giant Strike vs. AC: 1d20+5+1+1+1+1 11
Severia might be the most consistent character I've ever played. I could set my watch by her cycle of misses and one less than max damage hits. .

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia
HP: 30/36 Recoveries: 6/8 AC: 16 PD: 16 MD: 12 Greatness: Yes

Severia grabs the skeletons spear and laughs at its assault on her.

Oh no I dropped to staggered!
Oh wait!
Divine Stamina Recovery: 1d12+4 13 +17 to a total of 30 HP
And thus I completely invalidated most of the attacks against me. I'll post my actual turn after the round goes by to make things less confusing.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia
HP: 30/36 Recoveries: 6/8 AC: 16 PD: 16 MD: 12 Greatness: Yes

Severia decides she's had enough of this skeleton's bullshit. "They might, but I think it's time I dealt with the bigger one!" she shouts, grabbing the skeleton by the spine and slamming it into the wall. After that, she swings it over her head and slams it into the ground.

Giant Strike vs. AC: 1d20+5+1+1+2+2 28
Giant Strike damage: 1d10+5+4+1 20
Well I finally did something other than 1 less than max damage. :v:

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia
HP: 31/36 Recoveries: 5/8 AC: 16 PD: 16 MD: 12

Severia shakes off the bone dust on her and goes over to Cassius. "And this is why you don't just rely on Magicka. Hold on one second," she says reaching around for two intact bones. After finding them, she removes her bandanna. She rips it into three pieces. "This is gonna hurt like hell, but it'll make your life easier in the long run." With that, she places the two bones on either side of his leg and ties them together in different places using the scraps of her bandanna, making a makeshift splint. After that, she stands up. "I'll carry you out when we come back this way."

Turning to the rest of the group, she says, "So where to next?"
Recovery: 1d8+4 6

Edit: Dammit Melvin, I was typing that at the moment you made that post. Now it looks like your idea!

djw175 fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Oct 9, 2014

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia

Severia walks in casually, cracking her knuckles. "Finally a real fight."

Initiative: 2d20k1 14
Power Stunt: 1d6 3
Divine Stamina Recharge: 1d20 15

One day I'll remember to recharge my powers before the next combat.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Oh right. Nix hounds are dead aren't they?
Severia

"Goddamn nice, Tombak!" Severia shouts as she heads toward the wraith. She starts her assault on it with an elbow jab, forgetting her fists are the only things covered in silver.

Giant Strike vs AC: 1d20+5+1+1+1 12

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Severia
HP: 28/36 Recoveries: 5/8 AC: 16 PD: 16 MD: 12

Severia readjusts her stance after the miss with the wraith. "Guess I'm gonna have to fight smarter, huh?" With that, she partially takes her hand out of her left gauntlet so that it's barely on her. She moves her hand up and the gauntlet comes off in the air. When the wraith focuses on the gauntlet, she brings her leg around to do an axe kick directly down on the wraith, hitting the gauntlet on the way down so that it slams into the wraith with all the force of the kick.

Normal Attack vs AC: 1d20+5+1+1+1+1 29
Normal Attack Damage: 1d10+5+1 13*2 = 26!
Forgot I couldn't do Giant's Strike on a staggered target, not that it mattered here. Also I forgot I didn't get the E.Die, but it still didn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Oops. I'm up.
Severia

"Bah. I thought these guardians might pose a bit of a threat. Nope," Severia says annoyed as she heads toward the skeletal nix hound. She tries to kick it, but her heart's just not in it.

Attack vs. AC: 1d20+5+1+2 9

• Locked thread