Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narahari
Apr 12, 2009
So Smushy rid the world of a dragonkin furry? Can anyone truly call him a monster anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

That enchanted press on nail idea is pretty brilliant.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

T1g4h posted:

That enchanted press on nail idea is pretty brilliant.
The ultimate merger of :gay: and :black101:

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
Hey Dingo I found a new wallpaper for you, I hope you enjoy it. :getin:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

It's just so... hairy and twitchy and... :barf:

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Dooky Dingo posted:

Oh no, it's full of Dingos! Priscilla Tails! :smaug:

Shedrakzo
Sep 2, 2011

Dooky Dingo posted:

You got issues, man. But, anyway, I don't remember the elite knight armor's pauldron looking so odd before. It looks like it shifts to a weird angle whenever you two-hand a weapon. Has it always done that? I only noticed it after I replayed some of the game after Dark Souls 2 came out.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Shedrakzo posted:

You got issues, man. But, anyway, I don't remember the elite knight armor's pauldron looking so odd before. It looks like it shifts to a weird angle whenever you two-hand a weapon. Has it always done that? I only noticed it after I replayed some of the game after Dark Souls 2 came out.
I'm sensing a lot of judgement right now about my prehensile appendage preferences, and I don't particularly care for it, person of indeterminate gender. :colbert:

Also, yeah, models in this game do some... interesting things sometimes.
Actually, this whole game does weird things sometimes, like the odd incident where Jotsam's multiplayer just disappeared and now suddenly it's back? :iiam:

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
Obligatory post and voting 5 after having an awesome TF2 Adventure with Dooky Dingo. Good job with the LP, keep it up!

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Obligatory post about Glaive being a good spy, etc. etc...
Thanks for watching and being a cool guy! :cheers:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:NEW VIDEO DAY!:ducksiren::siren:
Chapter 11: Pinky, The Brain, and Satan

Hey goons, fair warning, there is no game sound for this video for some reason. It will probably be fixed at some point. Maybe...

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
No, no, I get the resemblance (aesthetically at least) between Buddha and Smough. His armor looks like the two most common depictions of Buddha glued together

But Smough as a character is a monster. He was the executioner who reveled in killing people and eating their corpses and souls. He is so cruel, he murders a weakened and helpless Ornstein, who you can see move his hand before the hammer comes down, and eats his souls to gain lightning attacks. Smough is so absolutely vile that not even Frampt, the guy that you feed garbage and poop to for money/souls, will give you more than 1 soul for the boss soul of Smough. Maybe he could be a dark mirror of Buddha, but the concept art makes it seem like the resemblance is merely a coincidence based on the largely western depiction of fat Buddha

Also, your "One Ring" theory is totally true. The cutscene for Super Ornstein shows his armor and weapon growing with him when he takes all of the souls that HIS FRIEND Smough had eaten, but only after Smough had died and started to glow like corpses of enemies do.
Seriously, gently caress Smough. He's an abomination who doesn't even have cool gear or any personality to redeem him as a character. I hate that guy...

E: For even more spergy Dark Souls lore, Ornstein is the leader of the Knights of Gwyn and the only one that we see without the DLC. Smough desperately wanted to be a knight, to be honored as the best and most loyal follower of the Lord of Sunlight, but because he was grinding the bones of those he executed and eating them, he was denied knighthood. Everything beyond here is speculation, but even though some see Ornstein as the only thing holding the leash on mad-dog Smough, I see their pairing in the chapel to mean so much more. Since Smough wanted to be a knight, being in the chapel that eventually had an elevator built specifically for Smough shows him trying to repent for his sins by praying, but since there was only the Princess of Sunlight after Lord Gwyn had left to rekindle the primordial flame, he still couldn't actually be a Knight, even though Smough was buddy-buddy with the leader of the knights. A man who lamented the death of one of the most vile and evil inhabitants of Anor Londo. Ornstein being weakened by the Chosen Undead was his one chance to take the mantle of Knight of Gwyn and he jumped on it without hesitation.
I like this boss battle a lot, if you hadn't noticed, and since there was a problem with the game audio, here's the best music in a game that is filled to the brim with great music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX51T-EipOo

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 17, 2014

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Aww man, you didn't get his ring and didn't show off the boss music.

And door frame pretty much said what's to be said about Smough: bloodthirsty cannibal executioner vs badass dragonslayer. There is no contest.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

double nine posted:

And door frame pretty much said what's to be said about Smough: bloodthirsty cannibal executioner vs badass dragonslayer. There is no contest.
Counterpoint: Ornstein is a closet furry and his best friend is a goony cannibal.
He's like that one kid in highschool who got 3 chin-pubes before any of his friends and immediately became the "cool" friend who, like, totally made out with that one hot girl at the party, but he never saw her again and is going to, like, totally write a song about her some day for his awesome new garage band, "Hooker Butter". :coal:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Dooky Dingo posted:

Counterpoint: Ornstein is a closet furry and his best friend is a goony cannibal.

He's cooler than the other knights though, especially that weirdo Artorias
Spoilers in that link by the way

Dooky Dingo posted:

He's like that one kid in highschool who got 3 chin-pubes before any of his friends and immediately became the "cool" friend who, like, totally made out with that one hot girl at the party, but he never saw her again and is going to, like, totally write a song about her some day for his awesome new garage band, "Hooker Butter". :coal:

"Hey we're Hooker Butter, I'm Ornstein the Lion, this is my buddy Smough the Hammer on bass, we'll be here for all time Anor Londo, we love you!"

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 17, 2014

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

"Hey we're Hooker Butter, I'm Ornstein the Lion, this is my buddy Smough the Hammer on bass, we'll be here for all time Anor Londo, we love you!"
Solaire on lead guitar, Havel on drums. Lautrec was supposed to be lead vocals, but he started hanging out with some really clingy jealous chick...
Now lead vocals is FRAMPT. :getin:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I am rather seeing what problems the silver knights present when you don't attempt to parry them. I get why you'd suddenly find it a bit obnoxious, but oh man, that run would be more painful to me than parrying two silver knights.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Dooky Dingo posted:

Chapter 11: Pinky, The Brain, and Satan

Hey goons, fair warning, there is no game sound for this video for some reason. It will probably be fixed at some point. Maybe...

All things serve the Lordvessel. See the Smushy of enormous GIRTH, on his back he holds the EARTH. Bring on the wise motherfuckin' Fire Keepers! :getin:

That make you feel better, Dingo?

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Soop posted:

All things serve the Lordvessel. See the Smushy of enormous GIRTH, on his back he holds the EARTH. Bring on the wise motherfuckin' Fire Keepers! :getin:
O DISCORDIA! :kheldragar:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Hey guys, Steam group is made. "Grizzled Beagle"
:cheers:

bodz5150
Jun 29, 2005

I'm the only muthafukin Jedi to defeat the muthafukin Emperor! Not even Yoda pulled that shit off! I'm tired of that bitch Skywalker gettin all the muthafukin credit!
:smith: Aw man, now I really wish I had a computer that could play these games.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

bodz5150 posted:

:smith: Aw man, now I really wish I had a computer that could play these games.
Meh, feel free to join the group anyway. Who knows when you will get a gaming rig? I didn't have anything except onboard graphics until about 3 weeks ago! v:v:v

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Chapter 12: Dog Daze

Today, kids, we go play with a dog. A big, big dog. :dogout:

Also, I'm really disappointed that no one from the Steam group played TF2 with me. :smith:

Dooky Dingo fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 24, 2014

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Dooky Dingo posted:

Chapter 12: Dog Daze

Today, kids, we go play with a dog. A big, big dog. :dogout:

Also, I'm really disappointed that no one from the Steam group played TF2 with me. :smith:

As a guy who's never dated anyone shorter than him, I'm beginning to question what that's all about now thanks to you guys. :gonk:

I'm sorry I couldn't play! I've been studying for 4 midterms at once this week. I'll get around to harassing playing with you soon, promise. :smith:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Which serpent is Jotsam going to align with?? He ignored Frampt and left Gwynevere alive. I kept thinking about it the entire video..... I wish you didn't have to kill Sif. Maybe it's a "cutting down the last Redwood for kindling" kind of thing, but I can't feel good about killing him or Priscilla. Even though I always interrogate both :unsmigghh:

And once I stop working nights in October, I'll figure out how to join a steam group and play with you guys. As is, I'm too tired and distracted to play anything faster paced than FTL

Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe

Dooky Dingo posted:

Downloading it as fast as my stubby internet legs can go! Sadly that's pretty freaking slow with basic DSL.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

Which serpent is Jotsam going to align with?? He ignored Frampt and left Gwynevere alive. I kept thinking about it the entire video..... I wish you didn't have to kill Sif. Maybe it's a "cutting down the last Redwood for kindling" kind of thing, but I can't feel good about killing him or Priscilla. Even though I always interrogate both :unsmigghh:
Jotsam has already spoken to Frampt, so I'm pretty sure he can't align with Kaathe. Also, he didn't even know Kaathe existed until I told him. :v:
Also, he only left Gwynevere to be interrogated later. :getin:

As for killing Sif, I don't really feel that bad about it, considering how he got to be where he is. Honestly, he just wants to be reunited with Artorias. Via con dios, Perro Grande. :angel:
Priscilla, I actually feel bad about killing, but, well... Any child of Seath must be INTERROGATED.

Also,

Mr. Soop posted:

As a guy who's never dated anyone shorter than him, I'm beginning to question what that's all about now thanks to you guys. :gonk:
Enjoy your macro fetish, bro.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Dooky Dingo posted:

I think you sent that invite when I was crashed out after work, so there is that :v:

Plus I'm weird and was never one of those people that got into TF2. Like, I can play a decent Heavy, but that's about it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The sin in question in that video was gained by killing Priscilla.

Also, I'm almost 30 years old and playing Dark Souls. :colbert:

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Dooky Dingo posted:

Jotsam has already spoken to Frampt, so I'm pretty sure he can't align with Kaathe. Also, he didn't even know Kaathe existed until I told him. :v:
Also, he only left Gwynevere to be interrogated later. :getin:

As long as you don't put down the lordvessel you can align with either Kaathe or Frampt.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I despise the Sif bossfight. Not because of anything mechanical, but because if there is any entity in the game I don't want to kill, it's Sif. And the game mandates that you do because you need the item he drops to progress in the game. drat you Sif, why won't you let me take the ring?!

Also, the more you learn about Sif's backstory, the more you feel like a total rear end in a top hat for killing him. Even mechanically there is a connection between Sif and a future bossfight but I don't know if I should explain it.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

double nine posted:

Also, the more you learn about Sif's backstory, the more you feel like a total rear end in a top hat for killing him. Even mechanically there is a connection between Sif and a future bossfight but I don't know if I should explain it.
There is no spoilers policy, so go ahead! Go hog wild!
However, I will say that one thing that doesn't make any sense is that if you play the DLC, you can actually save Sif from death, and he can help you in the final boss fight of the DLC, right?
Except, in the future, he doesn't remember you and tries to kill you? WTF, Sif? Did you go all Cujo on me, buddy? :smith:

Mordaedil posted:

The sin in question in that video was gained by killing Priscilla.
That is probably where he got the sin from, but I'm like 99% sure those invaders are from the forest covenant. Oh well, he got one of them! :v:

Iretep posted:

As long as you don't put down the lordvessel you can align with either Kaathe or Frampt.
Interesting. It may be worth him showing Kaathe off, just because he's a weird counterpoint to Frampt. I'll let him know.

T1g4h posted:

Plus I'm weird and was never one of those people that got into TF2. Like, I can play a decent Heavy, but that's about it.
You're a talker. Start being a player. :colbert:

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!

Dooky Dingo posted:

Except, in the future, he doesn't remember you

Sorry to burst your bubble. It's really more of a WTF, From Software.
Sif absolutely remembers, but for some reason has to defend Artorias's grave.

Atomikus fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 25, 2014

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Atomikus posted:

Sorry to burst your bubble. It's really more of a WTF, From Software.
Sif absolutely remembers, but for some reason has to defend Artorias's grave.
Dear From Software: THAT IS NOT HOW TIME TRAVEL WORKS. :mad:

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Dooky Dingo posted:

Dear From Software: THAT IS NOT HOW TIME TRAVEL WORKS. :mad:

Unless it's one of those pre-destination paradoxes or whatever.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Technical Analysis posted:

Unless it's one of those pre-destination paradoxes or whatever.
Still doesn't make any sense.
If Smushy goes back in time and saves Sif, he will have always done that and Sif would ALWAYS recognize him when he shows up, even if Smushy didn't recognize Sif yet.
Now, in that video, the hero is wearing Artorias' armor, which would be a better reason for Sif to be confused, but still...
The only plausible explanation is multi-verse theory and Sif is an extraplanar being. :tinfoil:

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Dooky Dingo posted:

Still doesn't make any sense.
If Smushy goes back in time and saves Sif, he will have always done that and Sif would ALWAYS recognize him when he shows up, even if Smushy didn't recognize Sif yet.
Time travel takes place based on the player character. So unless you've played the DLC first, then you HAVEN'T yet gone back. You're CREATING the loop, so Past Sif doesn't know you yet. He'll only know you after you've done the DLC, and by then you've already killed Present Sif.

I loving hate the mechanics of time travel. Since it doesn't exist and we're all just making poo poo up based on thus far unprovable theories.

Edit: I guess it depends on whether you like the time travel theory where you can change time, or the one where you can't.

Wa11y fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 25, 2014

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Dooky Dingo posted:

There is no spoilers policy, so go ahead! Go hog wild!

Note Sif's moveset? It's extremely similar to Knight Artorias' moveset. As in, Sif seems to try and copy Artorias' attack styles.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Wa11y posted:

Time travel takes place based on the player character. So unless you've played the DLC first, then you HAVEN'T yet gone back. You're CREATING the loop, so Past Sif doesn't know you yet. He'll only know you after you've done the DLC, and by then you've already killed Present Sif.

I loving hate the mechanics of time travel. Since it doesn't exist and we're all just making poo poo up based on thus far unprovable theories.

Edit: I guess it depends on whether you like the time travel theory where you can change time, or the one where you can't.

But if you've changed the past in the future, the past is still already changed. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Dooky Dingo posted:

But if you've changed the past in the future, the past is still already changed. :colbert:

Until you go back in time in the DLC, technically time travel-wise, the undead traveling back was the undead who played before you.

Time in Lordran is convoluted, after all.

• Locked thread