Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Dooky Dingo posted:

But if you've changed the past in the future, the past is still already changed. :colbert:

Let me explain how this conversation has always will be happened:

Red Dwarf Season 1 Episode 2: Future Echos posted:

LISTER: Hey, it hasn't happened, has it? It has "will have going to have happened" happened, but it hasn't actually "happened" happened yet, actually.

RIMMER: Poppycock! It will be happened; it shall be going to be happening; it will be was an event that could will have been taken place in the future. Simple as that. Your bucket's been kicked, baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Dooky Dingo posted:

But if you've changed the past in the future, the past is still already changed. :colbert:

Um, excuse me, but if there's anything Chrono Trigger has taught me about time travel, it's this. :colbert:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

Mr. Soop posted:

Um, excuse me, but if there's anything Chrono Trigger has taught me about time travel, it's this. :colbert:

Are you saying that we should go back in time and replace Sif with a doll version of himself and he can join our party as our new dog-bro?
I am completely okay with this.

Also, "But you still feel hungry..."

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:siren::ducksiren:NEW VIDEO DAY!:ducksiren::siren:
Chapter 13: The Pinwheeliest

Turn annotations on for the first part of the video. It will make more sense. :)

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Dooky Dingo posted:

Chapter 13: The Pinwheeliest

Turn annotations on for the first part of the video. It will make more sense. :)

Oh poor Jotsam, he's going to get all the way to Nito's boss door only to realize that he needs to pick a creepy penis serpent and hit the Abyss first

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I'll be honest, my butt clinched a bit when you walked into the boss room without retrieving your souls before the boss as there's always a tiny chance that going there can just end up getting you killed as Pinwheel has some really nasty attacks, but roughly zero defense.

You can pretty much kill Pinwheel right after the Moonlight Butterfly and the tomb will still have been the hardest part.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

I'll be honest, my butt clinched a bit when you walked into the boss room without retrieving your souls before the boss as there's always a tiny chance that going there can just end up getting you killed as Pinwheel has some really nasty attacks, but roughly zero defense.

You can pretty much kill Pinwheel right after the Moonlight Butterfly and the tomb will still have been the hardest part.
Yeah, Jotsam gives me a lot of flak for not actually being the one playing the game, but GOOD GRIEF does some of the weird crap he chooses to do make my stomach do backflips...

Also, Pinwheel is a jerk and some kind of sexual deviant. Just sitting in there... touching his skeletons...

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Aawwww, you didn't have a chat/show off Paladin Leeroy, my favorite way of dealing with those wheelskeleton jerks (and the Knight, and the necromancer, and the bossfight).

And you didn't grab the Great Scythe. You're playing this game all wrong :tizzy:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

double nine posted:

Aawwww, you didn't have a chat/show off Paladin Leeroy, my favorite way of dealing with those wheelskeleton jerks (and the Knight, and the necromancer, and the bossfight).

And you didn't grab the Great Scythe. You're playing this game all wrong :tizzy:

Leeroy doesn't show up until closer to Nito, but the Great Scythe is a legitimate complaint. I've been telling Jotsam the whole time he has been playing the game wrong, but he just keeps telling me to shut up. :(

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Dooky Dingo posted:

Leeroy doesn't show up until closer to Nito, but the Great Scythe is a legitimate complaint. I've been telling Jotsam the whole time he has been playing the game wrong, but he just keeps telling me to shut up. :(

Nope. You can summon him before the Pinwheel bossfight.

Not the best video, but it'll have to do. Note his damage per hit (he didn't get lucky with skeleton positions, I've seen him kill all of the ground floor-level enemies losing only 30% health. https://youtube.com/watch?v=_-B_jag1pn0&t=23m20s

And he heals himself!

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Dooky Dingo posted:

Also, Pinwheel is a jerk and some kind of sexual deviant. Just sitting in there... touching his skeletons...

Ah-hah... The thing about pinwheel is that it isn't a 'he', it's a 'they'.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

double nine posted:

Nope. You can summon him before the Pinwheel bossfight.
Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about his invasion.

Well, that's horrifically disturbing. :shepicide:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Dooky Dingo posted:

Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about his invasion.

Well, that's horrifically disturbing. :shepicide:

The backstory is even more disturbing and tragic.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eJeUG1m6eI

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

double nine posted:

The backstory is even more disturbing and tragic.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eJeUG1m6eI
Oh man, can you imagine having your child and wife literally on your back forever?
"Dad? Dad, I have to go to the bathroom again."
"Honey, do you think this cloak makes my hips look big?"
"Dad, what are you doing with that skeleton, huh? What are you doing? TELL ME!"
"Dear, again with the skeletons? Why don't you ever take me anywhere anymore?"

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
the only thing that makes that weird is the kid looks like he's like the same height as his dad.

Like I'm taller then my dad but how old of a kid are we talking that it looks like he's the same relative size as his father?

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

:shrug: The kid looks to be a couple feet shorter than the dad, relatively speaking so it's not that far-fetched if the kid was 9-14.
The worst part, looking at that, is that the boy has to be in the most awkward position ever.
A pair of breasts pressed into your back, feet in your crotch and your junk pushed up against your dad's back.
Sure hope the necromancy-gone-wrong removed the kids libido or dad's going to be pissed pretty soon.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
I like to imagine that when the cast of Grizzled Beagle dies, you guys will all continue to do your videos as a Pinwheel-like entity somehow. :)

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Soop posted:

I like to imagine that when the cast of Grizzled Beagle dies, you guys will all continue to do your videos as a Pinwheel-like entity somehow. :)
I call top. :getin:

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Dooky Dingo posted:

I call top. :getin:

Everyone on the Grizzled Pinwheel will have Priscilla Tails, but the person on top gets 3.

Too late, you've already called it. :smug:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

So, we have something a little... special... for you today.

:siren::ducksiren:NEW VIDEO DAY!
Dark (Knight) Souls: Chapter 1

More info to come after I let that one sink in.
Dark Souls LP WILL continue, Jotsam just needed a break/game is broken

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
That's a shame, I just caught up and you guys are pretty great!

Also, coming off your blightown video, I should tell you that while you can punch men in the taint on ladders, you can also deal with guys below you by repeatedly hitting the slide down command, essentially twerking them off the ladder :eng101::hf::fap:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Oh, don't worry, we aren't going anywhere, just taking a quick hiatus from Dark Souls to do Batman: AA.
It's a fairly short game, we should be done with the whole thing before Christmas and, by that time, GFWL should have all their stuff figured out and Smushy can ride again.
Also, the idea of twerking someone to death sounds like a weirdAWESOME fetish. :flashfap:

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Dooky Dingo posted:

So, we have something a little... special... for you today.

:siren::ducksiren:NEW VIDEO DAY!
Dark (Knight) Souls: Chapter 1

More info to come after I let that one sink in.
Dark Souls LP WILL continue, Jotsam just needed a break/game is broken

Batchman: Arkham Assylum. :getin:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

It really is disturbing how much sexuality they try to shoehorn into this game about giant, burly men in their underwear beating each other.
:gooncamp:

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Dooky Dingo posted:

It really is disturbing how much sexuality they try to shoehorn into this game about giant, burly men in their underwear beating each other.

Batman does beat off pretty much every burly man he sees in this game. Large groups of them at a time, actually. :heysexy:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Y'all should put on subtitles for the batman in case other people like me haven't played it yet and are trying to follow along with the story. Also, the only legitimately good Nolan film is Dark Knight thanks to the fantastic acting of Heath Ledger and some pretty good stuff with Aaron Eckheart, everything else is so dour and boring. I love me some Michael Keaton. And Val Kilmer. And maybe even George Clooney because it was that magical kind of awful.
Even though Burton's movies were creepily sexual and gothic, they had a lot more heart and knew how to have a little bit of fun with the premise of "rich billionaire gets bat themed life and beats up mental patients" besides the research scenes between Morgan Freeman and Christian Bale.

Dooky Dingo posted:

You need to watch the first 2 batmen, I think Burton had some real issues :bigtran:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

You need to watch the first 2 batmen, I think Burton had some real issues :bigtran:

What was your first clue? :shepface:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Dooky Dingo posted:

What was your first clue? :shepface:

http://youtu.be/hyEs0ZSsAh0
And people say that the Nolan movies were dark

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

http://youtu.be/hyEs0ZSsAh0
And people say that the Nolan movies were dark
The first time I ever saw that movie, I expected WAAAAY worse to be under that mask. Instead of "frightened", I just felt kind of sorry for the lady who obviously used to be pretty. :(

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Dooky Dingo posted:

The first time I ever saw that movie, I expected WAAAAY worse to be under that mask. Instead of "frightened", I just felt kind of sorry for the lady who obviously used to be pretty. :(

Especially since she was an innocent bystander in the whole double cross scheme :smith:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Dark (Knight) Souls: Chapter 2

(Or, "How I learned to love the chatter teeth")

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

So, quick question:
Are you guys okay with me keeping the Batman updates in this thread? Do you want me to close this thread and open a separate one?
It will probably be near the end of December before we get back to Smushy, I just want to know what you goons think.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I came here for funny Dark Souls action. :/

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I came here for funny Dark Souls action. :/
Then go help Jotsam fix his game! :argh:

Lateinshowing
Oct 10, 2012
Fun Shoe

Dooky Dingo posted:

So, quick question:
Are you guys okay with me keeping the Batman updates in this thread? Do you want me to close this thread and open a separate one?
It will probably be near the end of December before we get back to Smushy, I just want to know what you goons think.

Go ahead and keep it here. I don't mind. Never played the game, but the commentary is what I mostly listen to with you guys anyways.

And SO many bullets to the chest.... poor batman, what are you doing to the poor man?

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Lateinshowing posted:

And SO many bullets to the chest.... poor batman, what are you doing to the poor man?

Maybe Batman is actually a Saiyan, in where the closer he gets pushed to death the stronger he is when he comes back from the brink of it.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Soop posted:

Maybe Batman is actually a Saiyan, in where the closer he gets pushed to death the stronger he is when he comes back from the brink of it.
Batman can't be a Saiyan, he doesn't spend 3 episodes screaming and on fire. :colbert:

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Dooky Dingo posted:

Batman can't be a Saiyan, he doesn't spend 3 episodes screaming and on fire. :colbert:

Google Image Search disagrees with you, Dingo. :smugbert:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Oh no guys, looks like I've offended Soops Trans-Hero Crossover otherkin waifu!
Basically, what I'm saying is that DeviantArt BS can :fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Dark (Knight) Souls: Chapter 3

Today, Batman meets Scarecrow and TRIPS BALLS. :catdrugs:

• Locked thread