Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bodz5150
Jun 29, 2005

I'm the only muthafukin Jedi to defeat the muthafukin Emperor! Not even Yoda pulled that shit off! I'm tired of that bitch Skywalker gettin all the muthafukin credit!

Dooky Dingo posted:

It's actually even more complicated than that.
Kreslev has never played the game, nor really has any kind of knowledge of it. :downs:
I have never played the game, nor do I even own it, because I am broke and my current graphics card couldn't handle it. However, I love the lore and the world and the mechanics, so I've watched enough LP's of it to be pretty knowledgeable. :spergin:
Jotsam, on the other hand, owns the game and has sunk quite a few hours into it, but has no real love or affection for the lore or the world and is really only interested in chopping dudes in the face. :ese:

I fail to see the problem here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bodz5150
Jun 29, 2005

I'm the only muthafukin Jedi to defeat the muthafukin Emperor! Not even Yoda pulled that shit off! I'm tired of that bitch Skywalker gettin all the muthafukin credit!

bathroomrage posted:

Well I did learn recently that you can parry non-humanoid or 'unparryable' enemies, but all it does is cause you to take no damage or stagger from the attack. It doesn't stun the enemy or set them up for a riposte, unfortunately. :eng101:

Dooky Dingo posted:

You can really only parry humanoid enemies.
The better question is can you EAT them? :chef:
**Big Boss image removed**

bodz5150 fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 20, 2014

bodz5150
Jun 29, 2005

Dooky Dingo posted:

Bad news, kids.
Multiplayer is officially dead. :smithicide:

L4D2 multiplayer is dead? Sorry if I'm stupid about what this refers to.

bodz5150
Jun 29, 2005

Dooky Dingo posted:

Dark Souls Multiplayer, i.e. actual players invading your world, has gone away because GFWL died and they hosted the servers.
On the bright side, this means that Jotsam will constantly be human now and so we will get to see all of the special NPC summons. HOORAY. :geno:

Ah, I see. I thought GFWL died a long time ago. Being someone who only gets PC games on GOG and Steam, I had no idea Dark Souls relied on GFWL. I also have only played Dark Souls on 360, so there's the reason for me being ignorant.
I'm loving your videos (L4D2 also!)so far, keep up the great work guys!

bodz5150
Jun 29, 2005

Dooky Dingo posted:

I maintain that if Havel was a real religious figure, I would convert. :catholic:

I'm... intrigued... :frogon:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3572845&pagenumber=18#post433590207

bodz5150
Jun 29, 2005

Dooky Dingo posted:

:staredog: I'm... uh... I'm learning an awful lot about you here, Bodz...

Gotta admit, I was really :blush: getting into a MGS rear end discussion. Butts were mentioned here and poo poo happened. I have no regrets. Smushy by the way does not have a Solid Snake level rear end, it's more Sam Fisher.
Butt related-Here's Vidjagame Apocalypse, a podcast with a top 5 video game butts. These guys are great, give them a chance. The host Mikel Reparaz, is a regular reader of Something Awful and genuinely funny.

bodz5150
Jun 29, 2005

:golfclap: Good Blair Witch reference, but still need an update. Dark Souls will not abide your excuses! :darksouls:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bodz5150
Jun 29, 2005

:smith: Aw man, now I really wish I had a computer that could play these games.

• Locked thread