Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Don't believe it.

Alberto Basalm
Nov 14, 2005

Alberto Basalm easily claims the 2nd post.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Good shot bro. Center mass and everything.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
mlk was a black dude thats just chris farley

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Good. gently caress him. I could really use some indulgences right now.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Luther on Jews posted:

They are our public enemies. They do not stop blaspheming our Lord Christ, calling the Virgin Mary a whore, Christ, a bastard, and us changelings or abortions (Mahlkälber: “meal calves”). If they could kill us all, they would gladly do it. They do it often, especially those who pose as physicians—though sometimes they help—for the devil helps to finish it in the end. They can also practice medicine as in French Switzerland. They administer poison to someone from which he could die in an hour, a month, a year, ten or twenty years. They are able to practice this art.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

You're suggesting that a German could hold such views?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i'm glad he's dead. 95 theses? 95??? just fukin give me the highlights you windbag jesus christ

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
If someone posted all those complaints on my facebook wall I would also persecute them and their followers

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

martin luther is like the stephen king of religion

do you think you can keep it under 2,000 pages there luther?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

A misanthrope posted:

i'm glad he's dead. 95 theses? 95??? just fukin give me the highlights you windbag jesus christ

i had to read all of them for a history class; dude had a bug up his rear end about the dumbest poo poo

Shirtless Rob
Feb 9, 2014

by Ralp
Spoiler: He had a dream

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I was raised Lutheran & whenever people tell me about their other Protestant sect's upbringing it always sounds like a lot of unnecessary work. Lutherans just coast on the name cred & don't bother with any of the other stuff. Show up if you want we don't care, Peace be with you, no, you don't have to get up, just say it in pew to the two people nearest to you.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I was raised Lutheran & whenever people tell me about their other Protestant sect's upbringing it always sounds like a lot of unnecessary work. Lutherans just coast on the name cred & don't bother with any of the other stuff. Show up if you want we don't care, Peace be with you, no, you don't have to get up, just say it in pew to the two people nearest to you.

At my Lutheran church we all have to work the room to give God's peace to each other. Other than that the service isn't very demanding.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
For some reason it freaked me out when I learned that MLK was born in the same year as Anne Frank. I just didn't see them as part of the same era.

Fun Fact: Martin Luther was born in the same year as Optimus Prime.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
What kind of dick nails poo poo to a door???? Gotta be illegal or at least just rude

Kevin Mitchell
Dec 8, 2005

Kevin Mitchell posted:

did he have big cheeks? I hear you want the cheek meat at the bbq

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

schismatics and heretics burn in hell

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

genesplicer posted:

Fun Fact: Martin Luther was born in the same year as Optimus Prime.

both important figures in the struggle for peace and understanding

racists are prtty much the same thing as decepticons

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
if your parents made you go to a church when you were a kid you were abused

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I always had you pegged for a catholic

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

if your parents made you go to a church when you were a kid you were abused

get a load of this guy

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

gently caress Your Website posted:

What kind of dick nails poo poo to a door???? Gotta be illegal or at least just rude

he was a hardass who played by his own rules

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Trixie Hardcore posted:

same

go in peace, serve the lord

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

THS posted:

sever the lord

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

mookface posted:

I always had you pegged for a catholic

Yeah, I get that a lot. I actually own a Catholic school uniform if that helps.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Yeah, I get that a lot. I actually own a Catholic school uniform if that helps.

it helps my imagination

*creepy stare*

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

yes

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I think just because someone was raised Protestant & didn't have a sexually repressive shame based upbringing that doesn't mean they can't reap the benefits of one in adult life.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I think just because someone was raised Protestant & didn't have a sexually repressive shame based upbringing that doesn't mean they can't reap the benefits of one in adult life.

sorry i would discuss this with you but i can't talk to hot girls

imagine my mouth opening an closing but just this weird dry noise comes out and then my arm does this spastic jerk and i accidentally hit myself in the nuts and limp away real fast all hunched over

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

A misanthrope posted:

imagine my mouth opening an closing but just this weird dry noise comes out and then my arm does this spastic jerk and i accidentally hit myself in the nuts and limp away real fast all hunched over

you've stumbled upon my most secret fetish

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

you've stumbled upon my most secret fetish

*screams and falls over*

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

THS posted:

go in peace, serve the lord

You know, whenever you get around to it. *shrug*

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

i feel like we've sullied the martin luther dead thread

he deserved more respect

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt5AJr0wls0

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Every letter of yours breathes Moabitish pride. So much can a single bull inflate a single bubble that you practically make distinguished asses into gods.

http://ergofabulous.org/luther/

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

What's it like being dead?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
So why did Luther take out letters to James, Hebrews and Revelation from the Bible proper and put them in an appendix?
Seems like he was a bit of an 'editor' in his day ... wonder what JHVH woulda thought ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
Cast the devil out with a FART!

• Locked thread