Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Big thanks to Vanilla Mint Ice, Emalde and Zydoran for their awesome work on previous versions of this OP! Especially Zydoran since I basically lifted this OP from him and made some adjustments to it. thread 1 thread 2 thread 3 thread 4 thread 5
Credit also to DACK FAYDEN, messagemode1, No Friend of Gravity, Omelette du Fromage, jarch3r, Reiterpallasch and a metric poo poo ton of others from IRC who worked on this OP, the wiki and other resources.

Meet the largest-grossing free-to-play mobile game in the world, a crack-laced fusion of Bejeweled and Pokémon available on both the iTunes Store (USA) and the Google Play Store (USA). It is now also available on Kindle Fire. There are EU servers, though the majority of the thread is based on NA. Non-US people can also play on the US server: Android iOS

Puzzle & Dragons, or PAD for short, is a SOCIAL, FREEMIUM game from JAPAN in which you kill monsters, take their eggs, hatch the eggs and fuse them to other monsters, and then evolve those monsters by jamming seeds and plants down their throats. The main part of this game takes place on a Bejeweled-style board, but you can drag an orb to any location on the board while displacing other orbs to create huge combos. Also the art is rad. Watch it yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOwn9eGXGNc
(Yes, the US version of the game is in English.)

Intrigued? The puzzle part is pretty neat, but there's actually massive depth to this game. Once the training wheels come off, enemies start showing up in larger groups and hitting for thousands of damage. In most F2P games this is just a bullshit paywall, but PAD is fundamentally different from most freemium games, and it's very possible to get deep into the endgame without spending a dime.

...but yes, there is IAP. You do not need it, but it does speed things up significantly. Try not to spend hundreds of dollars every month.

The resources available to English-speaking PAD players have improved significantly in the past year, but goons being goons we like to think that we maintain

(Click here for THE SINGLE BEST GUIDE if the image doesn't load)

The definitive list of starter gods, current for 6.5. :siren:THIS LIST IS (almost) ALWAYS UP TO DATE. IT HAS (almost) NEVER BEEN OUT OF DATE, EVER. WE ARE BIG NERDS AND UPDATES TO THIS LIST ARE (almost) ALWAYS READY IN ADVANCE FOR ACTUAL GAME PATCHES. YOU CAN TRUST THIS LIST, DON'T WORRY.:siren:

:siren::siren::siren: If the monster you roll from the Rare Egg Machine at the end of the tutorial isn't listed on the page above, reroll! :siren::siren::siren:

Extremely generous goons ChikoDemono and Kuros often use events to generate new accounts for newbies. If you're tired of rerolling, ask in the thread if they have any extra accounts! If you decide you want to contribute extra accounts for newbies, post in the thread so you can be added here. You can either have your device rooted or get a device change code from them.

In addition to hosting the SA PAD Guide, http://www.padherder.com/ (created and maintained by our own Mad Cow Fred) is the place to find goon friend leaders. If you don't have an account, make one!

The best place to ask questions is in our IRC channel, #pad on irc.synirc.net. The room is always active, and full of friendly whales veterans. This is also the best place to go if you need a specific friend god (like an Amaterasu Okhami) or want to watch :retrogames: during a Godfest. You can even access the channel from a web browser client.

http://pad.wikia.com/ is the English version of the Chinese Wiki. The best source for the newest content, and the first site to post tomorrow's daily dungeons, often up to twelve hours in advance. Maintained by goons. Thanks Cless and Nendil!

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/ is another English database. Has a "friend finder" for those times when goons just aren't enough. Contributed to by our own Unknown_PC!

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

:toxx: Goon IAP Toxic Dump :toxx:

These are people who have toxxed themselves to no longer spend money on PAD. Post in the thread if you want to be added to the list!

---

Rangpur - Ending date: Heat death of the universe. (1) (2)

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 17, 2014

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
gently caress this game and the stupid gold dragon, it keeps eating my :10bux:

Actually thats my own fault.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Yeah, 4 baby Tamadras in 14 runs. :mad:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

FirstPlayer posted:

Yeah, 4 baby Tamadras in 14 runs. :mad:

3/20. :mad:

Edit: Oh yeah, new thread.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 10, 2014

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
2 Stones : 7 in ~15 runs

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."
Is my standard Ronia team hella cool enough to take on Zeus?
https://www.padherder.com/user/raej/teams/#35395

Or is there another, hella cooler team in there?

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Ground floor on a new thread to be pissed about hanzo not dropping in

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

raej posted:

Is my standard Ronia team hella cool enough to take on Zeus?
https://www.padherder.com/user/raej/teams/#35395

Or is there another, hella cooler team in there?

That's more than enough. If, for whatever reason, you have trouble one-shotting Zeus (you shouldn't) then consider removing the rider and adding thanatos since it'll allow you to use a second Ronia orb change against him.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Woo! Hoping for a ton of stuff to come to US tomorrow. Can't wait.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
So I'm thinking of putting together an attacker team, because I finally have enough pieces. But I am really trying to figure out what, if anything, it would be viable for. Comp I plan to run with is Cao Cao/Ares/Flammie/Beast Rider (the red one)/Phoenix. Any use for it?

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~

Kuros posted:

Woo! Hoping for a ton of stuff to come to US tomorrow. Can't wait.

I don't care what comes, because D/D Haku ult is coming

So hype for her to see the light of day again

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Oh yeah this belongs on page 1 and owns, I can't remember who made it in the original thread though

pre:
skillups|p= 50%   90%   95%   99%
--------+-------------------------
   1    |    4    11    14    21
   2    |    9    18    22    31
   3    |   14    25    30    39
   4    |   19    32    37    47
   5    |   24    38    44    55
   6    |   29    45    50    62
   7    |   34    51    57    69
   8    |   39    57    63    76
   9    |   44    63    69    83
  10    |   49    69    76    89

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

loving fell asleep 3! minutes before metal/gold. So pissed. I had saved up to full stamina all day too.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Holy christ do I want an Athena so bad, I finally have a use for her with a Kirin team and incidentally also a team that can do her stupid dungeon, and then she doesn't turn up in forever. Also no gently caress that super god difficulty dungeon right off.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

93tu posted:

Holy christ do I want an Athena so bad, I finally have a use for her with a Kirin team and incidentally also a team that can do her stupid dungeon, and then she doesn't turn up in forever. Also no gently caress that super god difficulty dungeon right off.

Padx says that she is a 10% drop in Hera Sowilo mythical. I ran it 10 times but didnt see her drop. Maybe you will have better luck. That dungeon is fun and very rewarding so you should run it anyway.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I can't wait for tomorrow because with any luck I'll get my Dub-Amelit for my D/D Haku to complete my Ronia team (D/D Hades, Shirtless Vamp, D/D Haku and King Baddie) and finally I'll be able to take my revenge on that rear end in a top hat Hera-Ur when she comes around.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Why won't you let me play, PAD? :argh:

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I haven't played in aaaages. Like, I stopped playing before the Cao Cao + lot were added in. I imagine much hasn't radically changed? I had an evolved Isis(not ult'd since I couldn't clear twinlits + basic Hera and stuff.

shiatza
May 15, 2005

I cleared orange flower dragon as soon as the maintenance started. I sure hope I get my trophy egg.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Was stuck 50 minutes in traffic this morning and couldn`t play PAD when not moving... thanks GungHo.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Same as it ever is. Poor Isis has been replaced by DQXQ as the go-to newbie friendly combo god. There was a Dragonball Z collaboration in Japan. This next update will allow you to choose between two leaders of your friends' list (if you're rank 120 or higher). The high level evolution stuff drops in the PAL machine during the Evo event thingy. That's the only way I could get Angelits and Devilits.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Looking forward to having "two selectable Helper monsters displayed per friend at rank 120". Now to figure which monster to offer to friends all of the time - probably Horus I guess.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Wow, having two helpers to choose from is going to be sweet. Guess I'll mostly leave Ronia and DQXQ up but my Blonia team will also be max leveled the next time super saphs roll around. Seems like healer-focused DQXQ is a better compliment to Ronia though since the 48x can overcome some things that are tricky for Sonia teams.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Voodoo posted:

Looking forward to having "two selectable Helper monsters displayed per friend at rank 120". Now to figure which monster to offer to friends all of the time - probably Horus I guess.

I already have all this poo poo planned out:
All the time:
poo poo Bird (soon to be +297, almost done with +RCV).

2nd slot:
- TH: Echidna
- FR: BlOdin
- Weekend: Lu Bu / Amaterasu
- Rest of the week: Lu Bu / Parvati / Lakshmi

Horus will change for certain dungeons. Anything no RCV like Satan I'll probably have Sakuya instead. Bastet for multipliers/tri-colors.

:qq: I have too many leaders to manage :qq:

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Shitbird 24/7. One of these days, I'll put some effort in getting the +eggs.

Recently maxed out Ronia. I want to get Zeus so I can do Twinlits so I can get the last angelit I need to ult evo Lilith. Of course, by the time that happens, it'll hopefully drop in the PAL machine.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Voodoo posted:

Yeah, that's gonna be nice. I'll most likely have my maxed-out Parvati in my "all the time" slot, with my other slot switching between Shiva and Kirin.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Double leaders is sweet. Going to throw out some Ares and I&I love!

Aghama
Jul 24, 2002

We eat fish, tossed salads

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I already have all this poo poo planned out:
All the time:
poo poo Bird (soon to be +297, almost done with +RCV).

2nd slot:
- TH: Echidna
- FR: BlOdin
- Weekend: Lu Bu / Amaterasu
- Rest of the week: Lu Bu / Parvati / Lakshmi

Horus will change for certain dungeons. Anything no RCV like Satan I'll probably have Sakuya instead. Bastet for multipliers/tri-colors.

:qq: I have too many leaders to manage :qq:
To reiterate how the slots work:

- 1st Slot: Whichever leader you currently have active. This is the leader that shows up when you friend request and in your friends' lists.
- 2nd Slot: The leader of your very first team.

So in your case, it would probably be easiest to put your rotating leaders in Team #1 and then leave your Horus team active most of the time (since you'll be using him the most anyway).

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Does anyone have a link to the new apk for people outside the US? That app downloaded site thing downloads an old version... I had to find an apk elsewhere last time

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

1st slot DQXQ all day err day.

2nd slot... I'm thinking Rebel Luci, maybe fully awoken Swolegrodin. Rotate situational Mons maybe?

e:

Find the 4 other colors and add to OP. Thanks in advance.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 10, 2014

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Windmill Hut posted:

Does anyone have a link to the new apk for people outside the US? That app downloaded site thing downloads an old version... I had to find an apk elsewhere last time

Got it from IRC /PG, link is here.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Where are the echidna leads? No reason to use one of your leader slots for her today :colbert:

Aghama
Jul 24, 2002

We eat fish, tossed salads
Awakening buffs (ATK+/RCV+/HP+) are live.

Top Droidragon still has no awakenings...

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
I'm thinking Leader 1: Ronia/ Leader 2: Isis/Rebel Luci

https://www.padherder.com/user/monstersa/teams/#59881

Does that look like a decent Zeus team? I desperately need Devlits for Shiva so my Ronia team can breeze through everything ever.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

So folks under rank 120 can still have two leaders up, just can't take advantage of it on the friends list. My rank 80 alt now has Kirin and U&Y up.

Jesus, this dragon fruit is tormenting me.

ChikoDemono fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 10, 2014

shiatza
May 15, 2005

Fed my second Haku three big tama and two babies and got all five awakenings :stare:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Aghama posted:

Awakening buffs (ATK+/RCV+/HP+) are live.

Plus the Norse God stat buffs. Granted, it's not a tremendous amount, but hey, every little bit helps.

quote:

Top Droidragon still has no awakenings...

Yeah, honestly, I don't know what the hell is up with that. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't have given us those awakenings by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

So apparently we just also got 2000 pal points as comp for the downtime. loving awesome.

• Locked thread